The Pessimism Thread (no positivity allowed)

IslandExile

36 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

What do Derby fans have to be optimistic about, really? 

A management staff that's likely to be paid within the top 6 in the league, despite ALL the inexperience, look completely lost and unable to stop the rot. 5 losses on the bounce at this point of the season, with MILLIONS on the line, is absolutely barmy especially considering that this squad contains international footballers and a number of highly rated youngsters at an international level. The good news is that a relegation will almost certainly provide an easy out for a lot of these talented prospects and they can go the way of Morgan Whittaker and join better run clubs. 

We have a current owner, who was a Derby fan at some point, but now seems desperate to get rid after his decisions to run the club like a celebrity gameshow coincidentally leave us on the brink of relegation. It's ok, though, he's agreed to sell to a guy with more questionable connections than Al Capone and no real traceable link to the millions he says he has. Not to mention, the lies he has told along the way to build credibility that have since been blown up. The likelihood of this takeover going ahead, I would say, is similar to the last takeover bid. Again, Mel being that desperate to get rid that he's not even bothered by the giant red flags waving in his face. I say he was a fan because I don't think he really cares what happens to club once he gets out from under the piling debts. 

The academy, who seem to be the only glimmer of hope at the moment, again this weekend with wins in both the U18 and U23 Premier League, will be hard pushed to keep their category 1 status in League One. The implications may not be severe, because let's face it we've lost 5 of our best academy players (Delap, Gordan and 3x Man Utd (U15)) that we know about in the last 12 months or so. Does it make any difference if we're category 2, I suppose we will get less money for them but this isn't an environment where I think talented kids can prosper. When you consider how far backwards the ones who have made the first team have gone in recent months. Sibley and Knight in particular. 

So, what do we have to look forward to on our current trajectory? It could all change with a credible buyer, a not-so-great escape and a competent environment for our young players to thrive under the leadership of credible managers and senior leaders within the team. As it stands, this club's future is the equivalent to a cat looking to run across all eight lanes of the M1 in rush hour! 

Lock the thread, we have a winner!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our name it means nothing
Our fortune is less
Our future is shrouded in dark wilderness
Sunshine is far away, clouds linger on
Everything we posessed - Now they are gone

Oh where can I go to and what can I do?
Nothing can please me only thoughts are of you
You just laughed when I begged you to win
I've not stopped crying since Brum's goal went in

The world is a lonely place - you're on your own
Guess I will go home - sit down and moan
Crying and thinking is all that I do
Memories I have remind me of you

with apologies to  Osbourne, Iommi, Ward, and Butler

On 26/04/2021 at 10:55, Ambitious said:

What do Derby fans have to be optimistic about, really? 

A management staff that's likely to be paid within the top 6 in the league, despite ALL the inexperience, look completely lost and unable to stop the rot. 5 losses on the bounce at this point of the season, with MILLIONS on the line, is absolutely barmy especially considering that this squad contains international footballers and a number of highly rated youngsters at an international level. The good news is that a relegation will almost certainly provide an easy out for a lot of these talented prospects and they can go the way of Morgan Whittaker and join better run clubs. 

We have a current owner, who was a Derby fan at some point, but now seems desperate to get rid after his decisions to run the club like a celebrity gameshow coincidentally leave us on the brink of relegation. It's ok, though, he's agreed to sell to a guy with more questionable connections than Al Capone and no real traceable link to the millions he says he has. Not to mention, the lies he has told along the way to build credibility that have since been blown up. The likelihood of this takeover going ahead, I would say, is similar to the last takeover bid. Again, Mel being that desperate to get rid that he's not even bothered by the giant red flags waving in his face. I say he was a fan because I don't think he really cares what happens to club once he gets out from under the piling debts. 

The academy, who seem to be the only glimmer of hope at the moment, again this weekend with wins in both the U18 and U23 Premier League, will be hard pushed to keep their category 1 status in League One. The implications may not be severe, because let's face it we've lost 5 of our best academy players (Delap, Gordan and 3x Man Utd (U15)) that we know about in the last 12 months or so. Does it make any difference if we're category 2, I suppose we will get less money for them but this isn't an environment where I think talented kids can prosper. When you consider how far backwards the ones who have made the first team have gone in recent months. Sibley and Knight in particular. 

So, what do we have to look forward to on our current trajectory? It could all change with a credible buyer, a not-so-great escape and a competent environment for our young players to thrive under the leadership of credible managers and senior leaders within the team. As it stands, this club's future is the equivalent to a cat looking to run across all eight lanes of the M1 in rush hour! 

Mate, you alright?theres pessimistic, then there's just downright depressed.. 

15 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

My cousin* and I once blagged our way into the Baseball Ground after the move to Pride Park.

I don't think I'd ever do that for Pride Park when Derby County folds.

(Pessimism Thread!)

* second-cousin, once removed

You were wearing hard hats and said that you'd come to collect turnstiles and other memorabilia for a new gallery that would be opening shortly called 'eBay'?

15 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

My cousin* and I once blagged our way into the Baseball Ground after the move to Pride Park.

(Pessimism Thread!)

I wouldn't mind 'borrowing' the Ossie end clock!

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

You were wearing hard hats and said that you'd come to collect turnstiles and other memorabilia for a new gallery that would be opening shortly called 'eBay'?

How stupid was I? A caretaker let us in. We could have had whatever we wanted. I didn't even dare stand on the pitch!

4 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

I wouldn't mind 'borrowing' the Ossie end clock!

Should I have known that it was the time (!) to get something?

You know what though. I got a photo, if me and my cousin by the corner flag. The photo's somewhere. I must find it.

Buy the memory was invaluable. I loved the Baseball Ground. I thought that I had lost it. And then I got one more chance. And I guess that that was worth more than any memorabilia.

On 22/04/2021 at 15:19, RadioactiveWaste said:

The world will die as crops fail, drought, famine, wildfires and tap year students ravage and lay waste to the world's agricultural regions.

The corrupted ruling cabal of business and financial interests and their paid for leaders swing ever more towards authoritarian rule over the masses, with production and consumption the only functions of the underclass.

"We will not be relegated" says Derby County manager Wayne Rooney as DCFC sit 4 points above the relegation places in the 4th tier of English football.

It's the players fault says RoyMac5.

Not sure if this is @DarkFruitsRam7 or @Tyler Durden. I’m ruling out you @B4ev6is

The forecast for Mondays Bank Holiday is really naff. And I’ve booked it off so I can drown my sorrows for Saturdays dismal display which is only matched by Monday’s weather. 
Oh and I accidentally sent a rude video to my MPs secretary and didn’t know till she messaged me. (It was supposed to be our car park which has no lighting.... honestly) (And the video was sent to me without my consent) 

britney spears GIF by X Factor Global

On 29/04/2021 at 03:36, Ken Tram said:

(Pessimism Thread!)

Good!  He shouldn't have been there anyway!  Bloody trespasser!  

Archived