The Pessimism Thread (no positivity allowed)

IslandExile

Didnt really know where to post this but here seems appropriate. Does the constant replaying of our recent years' goals/victories on the club's social media just before we are about to get beaten by that same team and so see how far we have fallen, really depress others or is it just me? Especially when you see how some players' form has dropped

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Didnt really know where to post this but here seems appropriate. Does the constant replaying of our recent years' goals/victories on the club's social media just before we are about to get beaten by that same team and so see how far we have fallen, really depress others or is it just me? Especially when you see how some players' form has dropped

Could be worse; they could play the losers ("look what you could have won") music from Bullseye in the background, just to rub it in

29 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

In their wisdom, Rooney's gang have said they're not friends with mcclaren anymore. Allegedly.

They are putting massive pressure on themselves to achieve survival. Let’s hope this group of inexperienced coaches can deliver the goods.

Well we've watched ourselves over the past few weeks heading towards relegation. Without putting up a struggle never mind a fight.

What's next? Mel sells the club to the first person willing to take over the responsibility for the clubs debts. While the new owners use any money coming into the club to pay the interest on the loan they used to buy the club, meaning there's no money to rebuild the team.

With no hope of the club climbing back up the league and Morris having retained the ownership of the stadium. The new buyers will realise there's no profit to be made from owning the club, so disappear over the horizon as fast as they can, leaving the club in a worse financial state than it is now. Forcing the club to go into administration and dropping out of the league.

Well thats me now sat at the bottom of my black pit of despair. Is this pessimistic enough?

14 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Well we've watched ourselves over the past few weeks heading towards relegation. Without putting up a struggle never mind a fight.

What's next? Mel sells the club to the first person willing to take over the responsibility for the clubs debts. While the new owners use any money coming into the club to pay the interest on the loan they used to buy the club, meaning there's no money to rebuild the team.

With no hope of the club climbing back up the league and Morris having retained the ownership of the stadium. The new buyers will realise there's no profit to be made from owning the club, so disappear over the horizon as fast as they can, leaving the club in a worse financial state than it is now. Forcing the club to go into administration and dropping out of the league.

Well thats me now sat at the bottom of my black pit of despair. Is this pessimistic enough?

I thought the sale included the stadium...

Morgan Whittaker is going to score a hat trick on Saturday, beginning his rise to stardom before a Bellinghamesque multi million pound move to Dortmund in summer 2022 followed by a mega move to Real Madrid

The bullseye music plays in the background 

14 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Nearly.

You missed out the bit where Paul Jewell comes back only to be filmed during a lurid act which is then reported in the papers.

7 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Relegated this year, next year and the year after until we hit the Vanarama National League. The club goes into administration and ceases to exist after our last ever game, away at Notts County which lose. 

Alright calm down we're still in with a chance of staying up this season

What do Derby fans have to be optimistic about, really? 

A management staff that's likely to be paid within the top 6 in the league, despite ALL the inexperience, look completely lost and unable to stop the rot. 5 losses on the bounce at this point of the season, with MILLIONS on the line, is absolutely barmy especially considering that this squad contains international footballers and a number of highly rated youngsters at an international level. The good news is that a relegation will almost certainly provide an easy out for a lot of these talented prospects and they can go the way of Morgan Whittaker and join better run clubs. 

We have a current owner, who was a Derby fan at some point, but now seems desperate to get rid after his decisions to run the club like a celebrity gameshow coincidentally leave us on the brink of relegation. It's ok, though, he's agreed to sell to a guy with more questionable connections than Al Capone and no real traceable link to the millions he says he has. Not to mention, the lies he has told along the way to build credibility that have since been blown up. The likelihood of this takeover going ahead, I would say, is similar to the last takeover bid. Again, Mel being that desperate to get rid that he's not even bothered by the giant red flags waving in his face. I say he was a fan because I don't think he really cares what happens to club once he gets out from under the piling debts. 

The academy, who seem to be the only glimmer of hope at the moment, again this weekend with wins in both the U18 and U23 Premier League, will be hard pushed to keep their category 1 status in League One. The implications may not be severe, because let's face it we've lost 5 of our best academy players (Delap, Gordan and 3x Man Utd (U15)) that we know about in the last 12 months or so. Does it make any difference if we're category 2, I suppose we will get less money for them but this isn't an environment where I think talented kids can prosper. When you consider how far backwards the ones who have made the first team have gone in recent months. Sibley and Knight in particular. 

So, what do we have to look forward to on our current trajectory? It could all change with a credible buyer, a not-so-great escape and a competent environment for our young players to thrive under the leadership of credible managers and senior leaders within the team. As it stands, this club's future is the equivalent to a cat looking to run across all eight lanes of the M1 in rush hour! 

29 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

What do Derby fans have to be optimistic about, really? 

A management staff that's likely to be paid within the top 6 in the league, despite ALL the inexperience, look completely lost and unable to stop the rot. 5 losses on the bounce at this point of the season, with MILLIONS on the line, is absolutely barmy especially considering that this squad contains international footballers and a number of highly rated youngsters at an international level. The good news is that a relegation will almost certainly provide an easy out for a lot of these talented prospects and they can go the way of Morgan Whittaker and join better run clubs. 

We have a current owner, who was a Derby fan at some point, but now seems desperate to get rid after his decisions to run the club like a celebrity gameshow coincidentally leave us on the brink of relegation. It's ok, though, he's agreed to sell to a guy with more questionable connections than Al Capone and no real traceable link to the millions he says he has. Not to mention, the lies he has told along the way to build credibility that have since been blown up. The likelihood of this takeover going ahead, I would say, is similar to the last takeover bid. Again, Mel being that desperate to get rid that he's not even bothered by the giant red flags waving in his face. I say he was a fan because I don't think he really cares what happens to club once he gets out from under the piling debts. 

The academy, who seem to be the only glimmer of hope at the moment, again this weekend with wins in both the U18 and U23 Premier League, will be hard pushed to keep their category 1 status in League One. The implications may not be severe, because let's face it we've lost 5 of our best academy players (Delap, Gordan and 3x Man Utd (U15)) that we know about in the last 12 months or so. Does it make any difference if we're category 2, I suppose we will get less money for them but this isn't an environment where I think talented kids can prosper. When you consider how far backwards the ones who have made the first team have gone in recent months. Sibley and Knight in particular. 

So, what do we have to look forward to on our current trajectory? It could all change with a credible buyer, a not-so-great escape and a competent environment for our young players to thrive under the leadership of credible managers and senior leaders within the team. As it stands, this club's future is the equivalent to a cat looking to run across all eight lanes of the M1 in rush hour! 

I thought this was the Pessimism Thread ?

Archived