Relegation watch

Spanish

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

That article raises questions about whether they have actually put the EFL protocols in place at all. This is their second outbreak, too. 

It sounds like they feel aggreived about having to play but other clubs have had to play matches in far from ideal circumstances. 

I hope we don't get another outbreak as we would be dealt with in a similar manner.

I didn't see them complaining when we had to play against them after 1 days training after our covid outbreak. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Rotherham's remaining games - 

Bristol C - Away

Millwall - Away

Wycombe - Home

Huddersfield - Away

QPR - Home

BHam - Home

MBoro - Home

Barnsley - Away

Brentford - Away

Blackburn - Home

Luton - Away

Cardiff - Away

Coventry - Home - TBC

The Coventry game still needs to be squeezed in somewhere but Rotherham's last 7 games arent the best especially when they are playing every midweek and other teams will be fresher.

Can see them picking up 8pts, 10 max? Beating Wycombe & Cov at home, drawing to BHam & QPR. 3 games against teams around us so at least some of them will be dropping points too.

If we win 2 of our last 9 that means Rotherham need to get 15-16pts to go above us, I cant see them winning 5 of their remaining games?

Sorry disagree entirely 

how many of those teams are current top 6 ?

how many of those teams are at the lesser end of the table ?

and how many are smack bang mid table with bugger all to play for 

They’ve got two trickier games in Barnsley, Brentford and Cardiff .. then your looking at boro.... who they put 3 past ... the rest of them are mid to below mid table 

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

I didn't see them complaining when we had to play against them after 1 days training after our covid outbreak. 

I know! I do think Rotherham have been pushing their luck with the way they've been behaving all season, on and off the field.

I previously quite liked them as a club but have rapidly gone off them this season.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Agreed. Also a good job it wasn't the other way round vs Brentford (play awful in the second half instead). As it is, we finished on a high - the draw felt like a win and hopefully the confidence boost will last. Oh, and Rooney has learnt a bit about what worked and what didn't of course.

Good points and I agree. I just feel it’s all on a knife edge. I will be much happier if we can build up some sort of positive momentum and decent results. Hopefully other teams will not keep sneaking wins

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Sorry disagree entirely 

how many of those teams are current top 6 ?

how many of those teams are at the lesser end of the table ?

and how many are smack bang mid table with bugger all to play for 

Even if they don't have anything to play for, they're still better teams with better players. This notion that teams who are mid table don't turn up for the last few games is false. Look at forest last year, they only needed a point to get into the playoffs, they ended up getting demolished by a stoke side who had already achieved safety.

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

they only needed a point to get into the playoffs, they ended up getting demolished by a stoke side who had already achieved safety.

................. and oh how we mocked those losers that night. Its stuck in my memory like the day that JFK was assassinated. ?

So 5,533 players & staff from 72 clubs were tested with only Rotherham returning positive results, again.  And 25 too, not even an isolated case. Don't get me wrong,  I hope they're all ok,  but something is clearly wrong with their so called bubble and protocols.  

52 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Even if they don't have anything to play for, they're still better teams with better players. This notion that teams who are mid table don't turn up for the last few games is false. Look at forest last year, they only needed a point to get into the playoffs, they ended up getting demolished by a stoke side who had already achieved safety.

If that was our run in I would be pretty confident we would survive 

I’m sorry but they play what ? Teams in the top 6 between now and end of the season ? 

Because Rotherham have poohoused 6 points out of us doesn't mean they are any good.

Most teams know how to play against Rotherham and because of that they will not win enough games to save themselves. If you add to that, that they may well have to postbone their next fixture due to covid isolation then they are really up against it.

I think the bottom three are done and dusted. It would take a herculean effort for Rotherham to get out of it. They need to win two of their 4 games in hand just to draw level. They don't have the squad depth to get the results necessary with such an over-crowded fixture list. Especialially when you consider that they really aren't very good to start with.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

Do they all form a circle in the dressing room? Sounds well dodgy to me.

Remind me never to buy a burger and to take my own pint pot if I ever have the misfortune to go to an away game there.

Hope not as that'll mean we're probably related ?

4 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I think Rotherham will stay up. I will keep my prediction of Huddersfield, Sheffield W and Wycombe to be relegated. 

Would take something special for Huddersfield to do that poor!

They also play Rotherham at home, win that and I can’t see how Rotherham catch them. 

Archived