Rip Prince Phillip.

Rev

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

He once said "Who the bloody hell are you and where did you come from?" to my son who was in the new computer science area at Nottingham University the day Prince Philip opened it.

Apparently his security team should have cleared the whole area before he came in, but my lad was in the server room and they didn't check in there.

Always played a straight bat 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Eddie said:

He once said "Who the bloody hell are you and where did you come from?" to my son who was in the new computer science area at Nottingham University the day Prince Philip opened it.

Apparently his security team should have cleared the whole area before he came in, but my lad was in the server room and they didn't check in there.

I hope your son didn't compound his inadvertent error by exclaiming "golly" when he saw HRH. 

Apparently that wouldn't have gone down well.... ?

Like many others, Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth have been constants throughout my life.

We often take for granted the stability of this country, feels like the monarchy is a big part of that.

Privileged yes, but Philip had very humble and unsettled beginnings and repaid the country that adopted him with a lifetime of service.

RIP

13 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You'd be closer to his genetic heredity with a sausage and bacon blini, washed down with a tot of vodka ?

True - just so long as borscht is off the menu. Saying that, I went to a Russian restaurant a few years ago and for my starter, I had a 'Russian salad'. It came with a large carafe of vodka. I honestly can't remember what I had for my main course - it really was excellent vodka.

I always feel a bit queasy when anyone gets giddy over the Royals.

Sorry, but i don’t understand the mentality at all.

Understand that it's an event significant enough to warrant major (which at the moment means continuous) coverage on principal terrestrial channels BBC 1, itv an so on. 

But is there really any need to virtually shut down the BBC TV network...... Channels 1 and 2 have 24 hour coverage of flowers wilting on the Buckingham Palace pavement and BBC 4 has been suspended completely. 

Does seem to be a bit ott in my view. 

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Understand that it's an event significant enough to warrant major (which at the moment means continuous) coverage on principal terrestrial channels BBC 1, itv an so on. 

But is there really any need to virtually shut down the BBC TV network...... Channels 1 and 2 have 24 hour coverage of flowers wilting on the Buckingham Palace pavement and BBC 4 has been suspended completely. 

Does seem to be a bit ott in my view. 

Agree with this, the BBC seems to have lost all sense of perspective. They are even showing the same tribute programme across the network. I suspect that for the majority there is no more than a passing interest, by all means dedicate a major channel for those who are genuinely interested and want to immerse themselves in the story but maintain a choice for the rest. 

9 minutes ago, chezzyram said:

Agree with this, the BBC seems to have lost all sense of perspective. They are even showing the same tribute programme across the network. I suspect that for the majority there is no more than a passing interest, by all means dedicate a major channel for those who are genuinely interested and want to immerse themselves in the story but maintain a choice for the rest. 

It's beyond ridiculous. It's obviously sad news for many people, but there's a difference between some respectful programming for those who are interested, and going full North Korea. They just need the grief-stricken front woman to top it off 

3000.jpg

3 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

It's beyond ridiculous. It's obviously sad news for many people, but there's a difference between some respectful programming for those who are interested, and going full North Korea. They just need the grief-stricken front woman to top it off 

3000.jpg

The BBC may have been pushed into this by certain forces. They can keep the license fee as long as they become more of a propaganda channel.

Archived