Rip Prince Phillip.

Rev

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A genuinely top-guy! When I was on my first tour of Afghan my wife was invited to meet him, she was very nervous and took a great deal of persuading to go. She said that he walked up to her and said something to immediately put her at ease - these are what his infamous 'gaffs' were done for.

RIP x

I met Prince Phillip on my first invite to a Buckingham Palace garden party.

He was welcoming to everyone.

Although my personal greeting was limited to "Hello" I was impressed by his sense of humour and warmth.

He was an amazing man who has been such a support to her majesty.

I honestly don't think any of us can fully appreciate how much we as a nation owe to Prince Phillip and I respectfully offer condolences to her Majesty and the entire Royal Family.

I must admit that I've never understood the fuss about royalty of any kind in any country but Prince Phillip was an exception in that. Somehow he managed to be very warm even though they have to be in character all the time.

RIP Prince Phillip.

24 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Great servant of our Great Country R.I.P Prince Philip 

Add to that and the Queen and I don’t think anybody really needs to add much more, other than personal stories.

R.I.P and many condolences to the Queen, whose loss will be the greatest.

He once said "Who the bloody hell are you and where did you come from?" to my son who was in the new computer science area at Nottingham University the day Prince Philip opened it.

Apparently his security team should have cleared the whole area before he came in, but my lad was in the server room and they didn't check in there.

Archived