Quick "Take-over" Survey

Ellafella

Quick "Take-over" Survey  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where I’m at is basically

1) I hope Mel is in good health.

2) I hope this deal is beneficial to all parties, Mel, No Limits, Derby County and us fans. 

I’m not going to get caught up in the circus of dragging up his old tweets, scraping Google for any mention of his name or reading into his political stances.

If the deal does go through and he takes over, I look forward to hearing his visions for the club and how we address the issues within the squad in the summer.

I would also like to wish him good luck, rather him than me.

I voted it’s too early to say because it is really. However I’m cautiously optimistic. The fact it isn’t a leveraged buy out gives me a warmer feeling about it. He’s certainly saying the right things. I certainly don’t think we’re entering a three amigos scenario. However I don’t think we’re going to be splashing the cash around either. 

I think short term not much will change, but as long as we are run responsibly and we build sustainably then that’s fine by me, even if we’re not contenders next season or the season after. I just want my club stable and be able to go and watch football again (preferably in the championship)

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I voted it’s too early to say because it is really. However I’m cautiously optimistic. The fact it isn’t a leveraged buy out gives me a warmer feeling about it. He’s certainly saying the right things. I certainly don’t think we’re entering a three amigos scenario. However I don’t think we’re going to be splashing the cash around either. 

I think short term not much will change, but as long as we are run responsibly and we build sustainably then that’s fine by me, even if we’re not contenders next season or the season after. I just want my club stable and be able to go and watch football again (preferably in the championship)

I would have voted for that option tbf. 

I'm nervous atm, we don't know enough atm to form a complete view but what little we do know doesn't actually sound promising to me. The fact we're currently unaware of the actual backers hardly inspires confidence and apart from broad statements that any person with half a brain could say there is nothing to signify what the plans are for the club. 

Just now, David said:

2) I hope this deal is beneficial to all parties, Mel, No Limits, Derby County and us fans. 

I’m not going to get caught up in the circus of dragging up his old tweets, scraping Google for any mention of his name or reading into his political stances.

If the deal does go through and he takes over, I look forward to hearing his visions for the club and how we address the issues within the squad in the summer.

I totally concur with all of this @David and I second the order of prioritisation you've put on it. Firstly, I do hope Mel is well; he has had to shoulder all the work and all the hassle that naturally goes along with such a deal, along with Mr Pearce. I am excited though. I do believe that things will start to come together again - fans back at PP, take-over sorted, Wazza progressing the squad and next season will see us heading upwards. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

If every utterance we made when bantering with mates or after a few sherbets made it into the public domain we'd be placed in the stocks. 

Sometimes what someone says does not give a full picture of the person they are. 

I hope that Mr Alonso and his team will find success with Derby County and raise the profile of the club both inside and outside of football. 

I don't think the club has a good name at the moment and that's a shame. 

I want Derby County to be a club good players want to join and a venue away fans enjoy visiting (even when they lose!) 

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If every utterance we made when bantering with mates or after a few sherbets made it into the public domain we'd be placed in the stocks. 

The political views of whoever buys the club is a long way down my list of priorities when I'm considering my level of optimism, but the evidence of Alonso's beliefs seems to be a little more substantial than a misjudged comment after a few sherbets.

Well I'm with the majority. I could have picked several options, or none, so went for the easiest. It is just too early to be sure. I'm excited because it's new and at least promising. I'm nervous because it's new and we have no idea what lies ahead. I do think that Mel will have done his very best for the club, as has always been the case. However we've seen that things haven't always turned out as we thought they would (so many decisions were given approval at the time), so I can't be 100% sure that Mel has got it right. As far as what we know about Alonso (and any backers), we only found out less than 24 hours ago that the sale had been agreed. Let's at least have it ratified by the League before asking (demanding in some people's case) more information.

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The political views of whoever buys the club is a long way down my list of priorities when I'm considering my level of optimism, but the evidence of Alonso's beliefs seems to be a little more substantial than a misjudged comment after a few sherbets.

What evidence?

Option 1 for me only because without any investment (god I hope he’s got some cash?) with this squad and those leaving in the summer, the 11 points season record would be beaten easily next year even if that’s in league 1.