Quick "Take-over" Survey

Ellafella

Quick "Take-over" Survey  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Curtains said:

What’s the problem though I mean we are failing all hurdles at the moment with the present situation.

I’m sure MM wouldn’t sell if it wasn’t viable 

I think you've answered your own question with what you say here. Some people are not sure. Or at least what 'viable' means to Mel Morris, might not be what it means to anyone else.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skeptical and fearful for the future, but open to being proved wrong.  Much will become more clear in the next week or so, especially as to the future of the ground.  I just fear that the cost of buying the club, buying the ground and subsidising the recurring monthly losses will be too great - until we see the colour of their money: or indeed whose money it is.  Then there is the small matter of investing in the playing staff.

It's no 3 Amigos, not buying DCFC for a quid, but equally it isn't the panacea of mega billions.  So for now skeptical.

I don't get excited about many things, ask Mrs P, unless it has a great arse - and I don't think this does.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I think you've answered your own question with what you say here. Some people are not sure. Or at least what 'viable' means to Mel Morris, might not be what it means to anyone else.

Ok point taken .

What would you like Mel to do though !

Skeptical and fearful for the future, but open to being proved wrong.  Much will become more clear in the next week or so, especially as to the future of the ground.  I just fear that the cost of buying the club, buying the ground and subsidising the recurring monthly losses will be too great - until we see the colour of their money: or indeed whose money it is.  Then there is the small matter of investing in the playing staff.

It's no 3 Amigos, not buying DCFC for a quid, but equally it isn't the panacea of mega billions.  So for now skeptical.

I don't get excited about many things, ask Mrs P, unless it has a great arse - and I don't think this does.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Parkstone said:

Off topic, have you ever listening to Jake Thackray's "on again". It is an "offensive song" to some, but it has some wonderful lyrics which never fail to make me smile big style on the inside...

Option 1 for me. 

Let's just be optimistic for once that this is going to be a good thing.

Why all the pessimism?, because even if Derby County stay in the Championship, they are going nowhere with the present circumstances - no fans in the stadium, transfer embargo, no more investment by the present owner, possible EFL points deduction, and several players who are either out of contract or returning after their loan periods are up. Where will the money come from to replace at least 6 players, not through selling all the youngsters, that's for sure.

Sooner, than later, Derby fans have to accept that change is inevitable and if that means an overseas owner, so be it, because there are no UK investors out there.

35 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Sharing posts on Facebook, liking posts on Twitter.

The content of those posts could be fascist, communist or centrist. The point is, it's more substantial than being caught off-guard after a heavy session.

Haven't got Facebook, but I have taken a look on his Twitter. I didn't see one tweet, like or retweet with a political connection, and that was going back to 2013! It was mainly boxing, quite a bit of football, and a few family things. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I haven't seen anything other than following the leader of VOX to remotely concern me. As you also said, his political views (to a certain extent) don't worry me in a football sense.

5 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Haven't got Facebook, but I have taken a look on his Twitter. I didn't see one tweet, like or retweet with a political connection, and that was going back to 2013! It was mainly boxing, quite a bit of football, and a few family things. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I haven't seen anything other than following the leader of VOX to remotely concern me. As you also said, his political views (to a certain extent) don't worry me in a football sense.

I've seen screenshots knocking about of him sharing political Facebook posts and liking political Tweets (though maybe the latter wasn't the case, or he's perhaps recently 'unliked' them, if you couldn't find any trace of it).

Either way, I don't want to get too bogged down in this. I was really just responding to the original insinuation that he's being 'cancelled' for some sort of drunken mistake.

I think we're both in agreement that the our primary concern is what he'll do for Derby County.

Being one of life’s pessimists I admit to fearing the worst. It’s my default setting. Can’t help it, don’t like it it’s just experiences over the course of my life that’s turned me that way.

I really wanted to see Mel hobnobbing with the great and the good at Premier League grounds, I like him, and, retrospective dodgy decisions aside, I think he’s a decent bloke ?‍♂️ but it wasn’t to be, so...I feel I’ve got to give these new owners a fair crack of the whip. They could be very good for us, who knows ?

So I’m keeping my counsel/sitting on the fence until I see what they bring to the table. You’ve got to really haven’t you ?

Best of luck to them if they have good, positive plans for the club. 

I wanted to vote "cautiously optimistic" but that wasn't an option, so I thought feck it you only live once let's vote for "I'm excited"!

I don't know why but I have a good feeling that this guy is going to surprise us and be the real deal in the Radrizanni mode.

37 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

What ties ? Not seen anything definitive on that apart from twatter talk ? 

Only this instagram post which I'm sure has already been posted on here.

spacer.png

It's not definitive thankfully. If it were I'd definitely be more than concerned considering what he was like at Charlton.

Archived