Summer transfer window

B4ev6is

Well it getting near to end of the season I feel we need 3 to 4 new strikers in we need a new creative attacking midfielder and maybe couple new wingers and maybe new goalkeeper depanding if Marshall leave us go to celtic in the summer and can not blame him if means he can play european football at this stage of career it is a chance of a life time.

Players that will be leaving us.

Marriott

Waghorn

Matt clark unless a take over happens soon.

Lee Gregory but depends on money wise but will be a freebie. If we can make a move for him be a good one to sign.

Mangi from man utd but I know roony rates him and wants him back.

Young lad from Everton I cant see him coming back but not even played yet.

Jorden ibe he is struggling with his mental health unless he can prove his fitness and proving getting better mental health I dont think fair on him to keeping him around.

Scott carson on loan at man city I think he will be free as well and man city want to keep him.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’ve still got Roos, Byrne, Buchanan, Forsyth, shinnie, bird, knight, Watson, sibley, jozwiak, CKR, Lawrence. 

11 players and a sub was all we needed in the glory days. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

We’ve still got Roos, Byrne, Buchanan, Forsyth, shinnie, bird, knight, Watson, sibley, jozwiak, CKR, Lawrence. 

11 players and a sub was all we needed in the glory days. 

That and a metal bucket full of ice cold water and a sponge to prevent injury's. 

That's it were all set for next season. 

Job done!

It’s very difficult to know what we need to do transfer wise without having a consistent formation to build around. Since Rooney seems to change this every week, I’ll have to go with the one he seems to use the most for the purposes of this thread: 4-2-3-1. You’d need to make a few other assumptions as well - that all players out of contract this summer leave without a new deal, that all incoming loanees return to their parent clubs upon the expiration of their loans, and that all outgoing loanees (non-youth) leave the club permanently in the summer. With all that in mind, speaking purely numbers wise, this is what we have left and what we need to bring in imo:

GK: Marshall, Roos - 1x signing needed here

RB: Byrne - 1x signing needed here

CB: 4x signings needed here

LB: Buchanan, Forsyth - fine here

CDM: Bielik, Shinnie, Bird - 1x signing needed here

RW: Ibe - 1x signing needed here

CAM: Sibley, Lawrence, Knight - fine here

LW: Jozwiak, Lawrence - fine here

ST: Kazim-Richards - 2x signings needed here

I make that 10 incomings needed, and that’s before we even consider that some other players may leave which we will need to replace / upgrade upon. We’ve got a very busy summer ahead of us! 

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I make that 10 incomings needed, and that’s before we even consider that some other players may leave which we will need to replace / upgrade upon. We’ve got a very busy summer ahead of us! 

Well we managed 5 in and some outs in January, so no problem.

GK: Marshall, Roos - 1x signing needed here

You want us to sign a GK to sit at home almost every week? Neither Foster not Idem good enough to do that role for you?

RB: Byrne - 1x signing needed here

Debatable given the game time expected by Byrne's backup. McDonald/Ebosele should be capable of 5 games throughout a season.

CB: 4x signings needed here

4 is pushing it for me. 3 should be enough  unless we choose to recruit CBs made of glass

LB: Buchanan, Forsyth - fine here

CDM: Bielik, Shinnie, Bird - 1x signing needed here

Bielik, Bird, Knight and Shinnie would be my 4 'DMs'. We need short term cover for Bielik though, so still need 1 signing.

RW: Ibe - 1x signing needed here

CAM: Sibley, Lawrence, Knight - fine here

LW: Jozwiak, Lawrence - fine here

Easier to group these together: Lawrence, Jozwiak,Ibe and Sibley. Definitely need 1 signing. Watson could be backup AM.

ST: Kazim-Richards - 2x signings needed here

Stretton as 3rd choice meaning we only need 1 signing

6 signings. Not too busy.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You want us to sign a GK to sit at home almost every week? Neither Foster not Idem good enough to do that role for you?

Debatable given the game time expected by Byrne's backup. McDonald/Ebosele should be capable of 5 games throughout a season.

4 is pushing it for me. 3 should be enough  unless we choose to recruit CBs made of glass

Bielik, Bird, Knight and Shinnie would be my 4 'DMs'. We need short term cover for Bielik though, so still need 1 signing.

Easier to group these together: Lawrence, Jozwiak,Ibe and Sibley. Definitely need 1 signing. Watson could be backup AM.

Stretton as 3rd choice meaning we only need 1 signing

6 signings. Not too busy.

Agreed with most of this. Three signings - if Marshall goes do we need to buy another GK - not sure. He has made a difference this season as he proved against Luton. Roos has played very well in his place. Would prefer him to stay but if he wants to go I think I’d give Kelle another go. 

We need a fair few signings to get us competitive again. We can't keep propping the squad up with academy players who aren't good enough. Only a few will make it. We need defenders, proper cover for Bielik, a creative midfielder, a wide player and a striker at the very least. 

Gk- as long as no one leaves then we’ve probably got one of strongest pairings in the division.

FB- happy with Byrne and Ebosele on the right and Buchanan and Foz on left, loan in if any get injured.

CB- A lot hinges on if we re-sign Wiz and Clarke leaving. We need 2 in at the very least probably 3.

CM- We need a solid defensive midfielder to cover/competition for Beilik and a creative midfielder.

Wings- Definitely need one more winger and will need two if Waghorn leaves.

CF- we need a new lead striker, CKR will be a useful rotation option/backup, with Stretton third choice getting a number of games and mins off the bench to help his progression.

We need 11 signings and that does not include the goalkeeper if Marshall goes to Celtic. I am amazed people have included Ibe for next season. The lad has not played all season bar a few minutes. Now I don’t know what is going on but he cannot be relied upon to play this season or next unless his situation vastly improves. Personally if he is not a regular on the bench by January 2022 then he should be go.

People will say why 11, well this includes four new centre halves as other than Wisdom all of them are loans (can’t rely on Davies, he is 35). New left back for competition with either Forsyth or Buchanan leaving. Two new wingers, new forward plus three new centre midfielders (one defensive as we don’t know when Bielik will be fit and ready, and two forward thinking).

This doesn’t include any outgoings that may have to be replaced.

Archived