Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I would actually sell quite a few of the young players so we can buy some experience and proven quality. 

Knight, Sibley, Bird could be cashes in on. I would send Stretton, McDonald & Watson out on loan and let others have a full season of U23s. I would keep Buchanan as he is our best LB.

this squad needs 20 million putting into it and 3/4 quality loans adding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

I would actually sell quite a few of the young players so we can buy some experience and proven quality. 

Knight, Sibley, Bird could be cashes in on. I would send Stretton, McDonald & Watson out on loan and let others have a full season of U23s. I would keep Buchanan as he is our best LB.

this squad needs 20 million putting into it and 3/4 quality loans adding.

I think we need to keep the youngsters because they are the only ones we can afford to pay 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Next season

Loans expired: Mengi, Edmondson, Clarke, Baningime, Gregory, Roberts

Loans returning: Marriott, JHI, Jozefzoon, Carson

Potential outs due to contracts/money/general naffness: Wisdom, Waghorn, Davies, Jozefzoon

First thought - Marriott and JHI might have been pretty useful these past few months

Where are folk getting that Stretton is suddenly ready to be our third choice striker? Nothing against the lad but would like to see him get a loan a bit higher up the pyramid and get a few goals before we have to rely on him one day. Also CKR is a very specific type of striker and I'd like him as one of at least 3, that are all above JHH/Stretton etc

10 out and you can see Roo wanting ideally to replace each one (apart from Zoon and Carson).

I can see anywhere upto 3 or 4 loanees returning, a couple maybe permanently, but that means 5 or 6 more loans/freebies to come in and somehow boost the team. Hope Rooney does have contacts out there or are we to expect aging journeymen from the likes of Burnley, WBA and Fulham, or maybe the next Duane Holmes or Marriott from a division down? Or a Bob Malcolm/Connor Sammon from north of the border.

Selling Marshall makes no sense as it leaves us needing to replace him on the cheap aswell. Either that or trust Roos and get another Hamer to benchwarm. The only situation we are able to get a team capable of challenging for promotion is selling 2 of our more valuable talents, none of whom will command the fees we expect. Ideally for me Bird (nothing that can't be replaced), and Jozwiak (largely ineffective) who maybe has held or increased value due to his international performances and could end up somewhere like Germany, for a generous £10m combined. 4 players in at an average of £2.5m each supplemented by 5 (a couple of which must be quality) loans.

Anyone with a monetary value above £2m (apart from Knight, Sibley and Buchanan who we should hold out for silly money for) must be sold if sensible offers are received, in order to just reshuffle the pack. Pick a formation, either from scratch or to specifically maximise the few talents we have and recruit the players to fit it. None of this different XI and different formation every game rubbish.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we need another George Burley. Quality signings on free transfers.

then produce some high quality, high tempo football.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought that about January but we still managed to do some good business.

5 loans..... 

1 never gets in the team (banginme) 

1 plays as a back up, starts occasionally and is usually derided (Mengi) 

1 plays as a back up, starts occasionally and is crocked (Edmundson) 

1 gets a few minutes off the bench occasionally (Roberts) 

1 has gained a starting berth but is crocked (Gregory) 

Just about OK, but i wouldn't have said "good". "numerous", yes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

5 loans..... 

Just about OK, but i wouldn't have said "good". "numerous", yes. 

Right. Expectation management needed. Look where we were and what we offered. Plus it was the Jan window. We did good. Edmundson, Roberts and Gregory look decent. Beni, maybe and Mengi certainly has potential.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/04/2021 at 18:08, RamNut said:

We’ve still got Roos, Byrne, Buchanan, Forsyth, shinnie, bird, knight, Watson, sibley, jozwiak, CKR, Lawrence. 
 

11 players and a sub was all we needed in the glory days. 
 

EA973DFA-DF61-4ACD-94A7-1D2B6D61F311.thumb.jpeg.3cc63f96c67b0a10284afb0d75f72d5c.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

5 loans..... 

1 never gets in the team (banginme) 

1 plays as a back up, starts occasionally and is usually derided (Mengi) 

1 plays as a back up, starts occasionally and is crocked (Edmundson) 

1 gets a few minutes off the bench occasionally (Roberts) 

1 has gained a starting berth but is crocked (Gregory) 

Just about OK, but i wouldn't have said "good". "numerous", yes. 

 OK is a fair assessment but these players at least add some much needed squad depth to help with injuries and our general thin squad. Mengi looks too inexperienced in my opinion. Gregory has probably been the best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, curb said:

😂😂Summer transfer window 😂😂

is there a parallel universe somewhere, where we aren’t totally screwed?

😂😂 Summer transfer window 😂😂

Don't forget, outgoings are counted as a transfers as well!

Wisdom, Waghorn, Davies, Clarke, Mengi, Edmundson, Roberts, Gregory, Baningime are all leaving at the moment and maybe we'll sell someone as well.

Transfer window has been the most interesting part of the season for a while now and next summer is no different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe they all turned us down, but still we got some decent players in. We got centre-half, midfield and striker cover/choice. Who were you expecting?

I wasn’t expecting anything but I can’t buy anyone saying it was good business as it hasn’t been. The majority of what we signed has hardly played that’s not good business that’s wasting more money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I wasn’t expecting anything but I can’t buy anyone saying it was good business as it hasn’t been. The majority of what we signed has hardly played that’s not good business that’s wasting more money. 

We needed cover that was better than we already have. Gregory is more than cover. What else do you expect in January to us?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We needed cover that was better than we already have. Gregory is more than cover. What else do you expect in January to us?!

I think Gregory is our best forward option. 

He's missed a few for sure but he's at least in the right areas. 

I still think if we played Roberts and Jozwiak wide and encouraged them to ping in the crosses he would thrive. 

His injury is a major blow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.