v Brentford (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Spoilers*

I've read the script for this week's show and it's going to be another good one!

• Fail to turn this game around for the, what ... 16th or 17th time this season, minus the Forest game?
  • Fail to add to our 9 goals from open play this season.
  • Sibley gets 5 minutes at the end but fails to help us turn around the 7 goal deficit. After the game Rooney singles him out in particular as not performing well enough.
  • Rooney and one of the players give us some motivating quotes, "need a reaction next game," "we are confident we can turn this around," etc. etc.
  • 2pm on Saturday the team news for the Stoke game is announced and Rooney's going for it! Knight is playing right back, surrounded by lads who can run forever but can't pass more than 5 yards. 
  • Derby lose comfortably to Stoke but don't worry, Rooney has told us we'll see a reaction after the international break.

1 minute ago, DJFern94 said:

Starting to think relegation wouldn't be the worst thing. Clear the club out. 

If we get relegated we will be left with a bunch of kids in a men’s league. They would get bullied every week. Yes there would be clear out. Knight, Bielik, Sibley will all be sold to keep us a float.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t blame him you can only use the tools you have 

wisdom is a stand in at centre half remember and we have a very old centre forward and a lot of youngsters who quickly lose confidence 

I can. 

The difference in coaching of the two sides is hilariously stark.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I'm watching them through in order and todays is a Stich in Crime! One of my favs. Good ol' Leonard Nimoy. 

Concentrate on your commentary, don't you know the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I am so, so delighted we elected to hire a manager with 0 experience alongside half the management team that got us to the bottom of the league.

Seriously, what a great idea that was. 

Just goes to show how well run as a club we are.... Oh crap, must have got the wrong club. Been badly run since a certain MM took over. I blame our current predicament directly at his doorstep.

Just now, Warwick Ram said:

If we get relegated we will be left with a bunch of kids in a men’s league. They would get bullied every week. Yes there would be clear out. Knight, Bielik, Sibley will all be sold to keep us a float.

Where we are currently left with a load of high earners who aren't good enough. It's a big risk but can you honestly see any manager sorting out this mess? 

Archived