What do ya reckon ?

RAMblingONagain

Currently on 39 pts.
50 pts. for safety (for sake of argument)

11 pts. required.
11 games remaining.

How do we get there ?

3 wins
2 draws
6 losses  

2 wins
5 draws
4 losses

1 win
8 draws
2 losses

Discuss.....(or not  ?  ?)

Lets have footie chat, not a row.

For my two'pennath. I think we will win 2 before the last game against the Wendies. I think a few more draws in April won't be a bad thing.

6 home, 5 away

(Sorry if we are not allowed to post the fixtures. Give me a rollicking and i will delete them.)

March
(H) DC v Millwall 
(H) DC v Brentford
(A) Stoke v DC

April
(H) DC v Luton 3pm
(A) Reading v DC
(H) Derby v Norwich
(A) Blackburn v DC
(A) Preston v  DC
(H) DC v Brum

May 
(A) Swansea v DC
(H) DC v Sheff. Wed.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't know what games to target as we seem to perform better against the better footballing side. I still think it's going to be quite close. I really hope it doesn't go down to the last game against Wednesday with them already relegated. For some reason it seems to happen quite often that teams already relegated, with nothing to play for beat teams to deny promotion or relegate them.

Also I worry this team doesn't have the mentality to perform in high pressure games if it goes down to the wire.

On current form Wycombe and Wednesday will be pushed to get more than 42 points. Rotherham with 32 points have been averaging only a point a game, which would mean they might finish on 46 points and beimg a little more generous could find another 4 points which would mean them finishing on 50. Last season Barnsley stayed up on 49 points.  Previous seasons other teams stayed up with as little as 43 points. I personally thimk, the loan players will gel better with the team, Lawrence will make us stronger up front and looking at our remaining games we are capable of getting 18 points.

Wtf have we become

we’re better than this. A year ago Sibley was ripping a shot into the top of the net from 25 yards. Now we’re totting up points like loose change to see if we have enough to survive. 

I think the 3 wins and 2 draws is about right. 

It's a tough run in for me. 

Home wins against Luton and brum are a must. 

Draw against Millwall and Preston. 

Hopefully we don't need a win against an already relegated wendies. 

We all know what happened when we needed a point against a nothing to play for Reading. 

6 hours ago, RAMblingONagain said:

Currently on 39 pts.
50 pts. for safety (for sake of argument)

11 pts. required.
11 games remaining.

How do we get there ?

3 wins
2 draws
6 losses  

2 wins
5 draws
4 losses

1 win
8 draws
2 losses

Discuss.....(or not  ?  ?)

Lets have footie chat, not a row.

For my two'pennath. I think we will win 2 before the last game against the Wendies. I think a few more draws in April won't be a bad thing.

6 home, 5 away

(Sorry if we are not allowed to post the fixtures. Give me a rollicking and i will delete them.)

March
(H) DC v Millwall 
(H) DC v Brentford
(A) Stoke v DC

April
(H) DC v Luton 3pm
(A) Reading v DC
(H) Derby v Norwich
(A) Blackburn v DC
(A) Preston v  DC
(H) DC v Brum

May 
(A) Swansea v DC
(H) DC v Sheff. Wed.

1 more point in March

6 points in April

3 points in May (nail biting finale)

total 10 points which may not be enough

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Wtf have we become

we’re better than this. A year ago Sibley was ripping a shot into the top of the net from 25 yards. Now we’re totting up points like loose change to see if we have enough to survive. 

Sadly the reason we are totting up points to see if we will survive is because we haven’t been good enough to obtain enough points. 

Currently Brum, Rotherham, Shef.Weds.*  are averaging about  1 point per game. If they continue at this or improve slightly thats about 46-49 pts.

Derby are 1.11 pts/game. That gives 51 pts.

As said above "what have we become", scrambling about counting up points for survival.

But that's the reality of where we are at, at this end of the Season the table don't lie.

52 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I love how we're pinning our remaining hopes on the return of the new Messiah Lawrence. Everything's going to be ok then no sweat.

Or perhaps some of us are optimistic that things will click a bit more without thinking that he is a messiah

1 hour ago, RAMblingONagain said:

Currently Brum, Rotherham, Shef.Weds.*  are averaging about  1 point per game. If they continue at this or improve slightly thats about 46-49 pts.

Derby are 1.11 pts/game. That gives 51 pts.

As said above "what have we become", scrambling about counting up points for survival.

But that's the reality of where we are at, at this end of the Season the table don't lie.

We are scoring 1 goal every 4 games I’ve the last 4, therein lies the problem. If we don’t get goals the best we can hope for is a bunch of draws.

Was hoping someone would start a topic of this ilk. I didn’t quite realise how tough our run in is. However the championship isn’t predictable and no doubt we’ll lose to brum and beat Swansea. I think if we play poohouse football and look to keep it tight we’ll just about have enough to stay up. 

My nerves will start to diminish once Rotherham start playing and hopefully losing their matches in hand.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Wtf have we become

Sadly, no one is currently ripping shot's into the top of the net from 25 yards (apart from one) Let's face it, no one is tapping a shot in from 5 yards on a regular basis.

SO, unfortunately we are scrapping for loose change.

I think we’ll be fine.

If and it’s a big IF Ibe and Lawrence can produce some of the quality they possess then it will be easier. 

There is no doubt that a-try not to lose-philosophy is creeping into Rooney’s thinking. The loss v Coventry scared him. He really expected to win that one and he gambled the Cardiff game on it.

It made him realise how precarious our situation is and set out to mute Barnsley. We did that which is why I think we’ll be fine. We won’t be gambling anymore we’ll be digging in.

44 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

It made him realise how precarious our situation is and set out to mute Barnsley. We did that which is why I think we’ll be fine. We won’t be gambling anymore we’ll be digging in.

We haven't been gambling though that's the problem. We showed minimal attacking intent against Cardiff and Coventry and got what we deserved accordingly, zero goals and zero points. 

Rooney then decided against Barnsley to further retrench this attitide (amazing I am actually able to write that). At least the outcome of that game was again zero goals for but at least zero goals against.

Still recall the game against Brum when we scored 4 away from home, that game must have been all our good luck for the season rolled up into one fixture cos it ain't happening again this season.

Have to get safety before the last 3 games I personally think, Brum and Sheff Wed would be massive if we needed at least one win, this team doesn’t score enough too guarantee us winning one of those games ( I know we battered brum) also a young side could we handle it going down to the last game? I’m not so sure! If we can beat Millwall and luton at home and get something away at Stoke,  Blackburn and Preston we might just have enough before the last 3

Archived