What do ya reckon ?

RAMblingONagain

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I love how we're pinning our remaining hopes on the return of the new Messiah Lawrence. Everything's going to be ok then no sweat.

I think we'll get enough points without Lawrence (just)

With him we could probably score some goals though

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Topram said:

"Have to get safety before the last 3 games I personally think, Brum and Sheff Wed would be massive if we needed at least one win, this team doesn’t score enough too guarantee us winning one of those"

? Yep exactly.

Well definitely not be leaving it until the last game....

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

Wtf have we become

we’re better than this. A year ago Sibley was ripping a shot into the top of the net from 25 yards. Now we’re totting up points like loose change to see if we have enough to survive. 

As depressing as the situation is, when you look at the transfers we've made since Mac 1, you understand why we're where are at the moment.  Our scouting department really is poo... 

I think we'll pick up a couple of wins here and there, and in the places we'd least expect to ?

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

As depressing as the situation is, when you look at the transfers we've made since Mac 1, you understand why we're where are at the moment.  Our scouting department really is poo... 

I think we'll pick up a couple of wins here and there, and in the places we'd least expect to ?

I think transfers have been hit and miss, same with any team. A lot of competition. We have bought in many good players though since then but probably had too many underachievers. Apart from this season, we have competed in the top half every season since 13/14 I think so our transfers in can’t be that bad. I would say it’s more recent decisions that have resulted in a thin and inexperienced team. 

9 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I think transfers have been hit and miss, same with any team. A lot of competition. We have bought in many good players though since then but probably had too many underachievers. Apart from this season, we have competed in the top half every season since 13/14 I think so our transfers in can’t be that bad. I would say it’s more recent decisions that have resulted in a thin and inexperienced team. 

Dont think that Jordan Ibe and Waghorn are particularly Thin

There are 3 big reasons why were going to just stay up this season this season

These are Wycombe, Sheffield Wednesday one other team (from Birmingham, Rotherham and Huddersfield).  

Lucky for us there some very poor teams this year and Wednesday have had points taken away. 

12 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

Sadly the reason we are totting up points to see if we will survive is because we haven’t been good enough to obtain enough points. 

10 hours ago, StrawHillRam said:

We are scoring 1 goal every 4 games, 1 in the last 4, therein lies the problem. If we don’t get goals the best we can hope for is a bunch of draws.

25 goals scored this season so far. Pro-rata gives an anticipated end of season total of 33

62 scored last season.

38 goals conceded this season so far. Pro-rata gives an anticipated end of season total of 50

64 conceded last season.

So defence has improved by 20% but attack is 50% less effective.

That is quite a shocking statistic really, especially since we have added Jozwiak and CKR. 

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

25 goals scored this season so far. Pro-rata gives an anticipated end of season total of 33

62 scored last season.

38 goals conceded this season so far. Pro-rata gives an anticipated end of season total of 50

64 conceded last season.

That is quite a shocking statistic really, especially since we have added Jozwiak and CKR. 

Just about sums it up in figures.

I think the pro rata goals for will be less, as we will not do another 4 like we did at Brum.

It is shocking.

23 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I love how we're pinning our remaining hopes on the return of the new Messiah Lawrence. Everything's going to be ok then no sweat.

Exactly , who else would you want alongside you in the trenches when push comes to shove ? ?

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

62 scored last season.

64 conceded last season.

Kash was right we have gone down hill without Martin. Lawrence and Waghorn contributing so little hasn't helped either. Also have missed Rooney's ability in midfield from January to lockdown his influence changed our fortunes and made a big difference without him coming in we would have probably had finished about 19th last season because we were doing terribly last season as well and he provided a psychological lift and a boost in quality. We lack any real quality or flair and our main attacking signings Jozwiak and Ibe either haven't played or haven't shown enough quality and goal contributions. 

Archived