What do ya reckon ?

RAMblingONagain

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home matches will be the key. Survival will be a high total this season, we will need at least 4 more wins imo, as well as a few draws. In terms of where those wins could come from, I’m looking at the games vs Millwall, Luton, Birmingham, Blackburn and Sheff Wed as possibilities. This weekends game is a big one, we need to get three points on the board and stop the winless run.

34 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Home matches will be the key. Survival will be a high total this season, we will need at least 4 more wins imo, as well as a few draws. In terms of where those wins could come from, I’m looking at the games vs Millwall, Luton, Birmingham, Blackburn and Sheff Wed as possibilities. This weekends game is a big one, we need to get three points on the board and stop the winless run.

Statistically, we shouldn't need that many points, 3 teams go down and atm, the bottom 4 are on course for no more than 46 points.

I can see Rovrum dropping towards the end of April. They don't have an easy run-in and hopefully playing catch-up to clear their backlog will take it's toll on them. 

Anybody got any thoughts about whether Ibe or Lawrence will play any part in the rest of the Season ? Even if it was just a bit part as an impact sub.

Let's assume rotherham will win one of their many games in hand so the difference is likely to be 4 points between us and the bottom 3. I think we've got to win Millwall, Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday and not lose against Luton otherwise I think we're then asking for other teams to keep us up by being even worse than they have been up until this point. Ideally, the pressure will be lifted before Birmingham and Wednesday as I could see this team cracking quite honestly. I don't really fancy us to get much out of the away fixtures, we should take a point at stoke and preston but i cannot see much else for us out of what we have remaining. We need to get our performances out of the gutter as we've been poor since the Wycombe game and we're currently looking about as sharp as a spoon going forward. 

15 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Agree. A win today is a good indication on whether this team can find it in themselves to start getting 3 points again. It’sa game most would have down as 3 points in our run in

i fear for us if we lose or can only draw today.

50 points ???...What was I thinking.  If we cant do the basics and defend a corner against a very "basic" outfit. Where are the draws going to come from, never mind the wins.

46 pts max after 45 games, and god only knows about the last one against S.W.

March
(H) DC v Brentford
(A) Stoke v DC

April
(H) DC v Luton
(A) Reading v DC
(H) Derby v Norwich
(A) Blackburn v DC
(A) Preston v  DC
(H) DC v Brum

May 
(A) Swansea v DC