Lesser known footy facts...

Mucker1884

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Derby County have played 835 Championship matches, more than any other club in history

We've not had that many matches, 15 full seasons plus this one is 728 so far (736 by the end of the season) 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

Bit tricky to be offside from a corner even if was the case that you could be ?

You know var would be checking at every corner though. Still technically possible to play the ball forward, with a few cms to spare. 

3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

You know var would be checking at every corner though. Still technically possible to play the ball forward, with a few cms to spare. 

Probably a good job Darren bent is retired var would flag his tallywacker as being offside 

17 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Derby County have played 835 Championship matches, more than any other club in history

I can't believe I'm the only one gullible enough to have given an applauding reaction to this load of twaddle!    ?

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I can't believe I'm the only one gullible enough to have given an applauding reaction to this load of twaddle!    ?

It's not twaddle, the only thing wrong is the number - in every other aspect it remains correct

39 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It's not twaddle, the only thing wrong is the number - in every other aspect it remains correct

"Twaddle" was too harsh.  Apologies.  ?

However, the only thing that mattered was the number... and that was wrong!  There are no other aspects!

"Derby have played Championship matches" is not a lesser known fact, and would therefore have been off-topic! 

Defend yourself all you like, but the fact of the matter is, I feel conned... and I blame you for it!   ?  ?

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

North Macednoia are first team to beat Germany in a world cup qualifier since Svens boys spanked them.

And there we have our standard.  Glad me haven’t won an international tournament.

On 31/03/2021 at 14:17, rynny said:

We've not had that many matches, 15 full seasons plus this one is 728 so far (736 by the end of the season) 

You've forgotten our playoff games.

If a team had played in every season and reached the playoff finals in all of those, they still would have only played 833 games in total - 2 short of the claim.

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You've forgotten our playoff games.

If a team had played in every season and reached the playoff finals in all of those, they still would have only played 833 games in total - 2 short of the claim.

I went with just the league games as I wasn't sure whether the play off games counted as official championship games or not. Whenever I look at stats for players they are always under either "play offs" or "other" so that swayed it for me. 

I was intrigued where the 835 had come from, I tried adding all our official fixtures (league, league cup, FA Cup and play offs) from our seasons in the Championship but that is only 820. That's as close as I got. 

4 hours ago, rynny said:

I went with just the league games as I wasn't sure whether the play off games counted as official championship games or not. Whenever I look at stats for players they are always under either "play offs" or "other" so that swayed it for me. 

I was intrigued where the 835 had come from, I tried adding all our official fixtures (league, league cup, FA Cup and play offs) from our seasons in the Championship but that is only 820. That's as close as I got. 

Almost as if 95% of stats are made up....?

54 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

50% of Players who wear gloves in the Premier League make half as many tackles on average than those who don't.

(according to that OptaJoe chappie)

Yes, but that is biased by the fact that 20 of those wearing gloves are goalkeepers ?

Archived