Lesser known footy facts...

Mucker1884

The day before Derby beat WBA in the Play Off Final, plucky Yeovil Town were beaten by Blackpool, but apart from the result, I hear their fans had an absolutely fantastic day out, and are rightly proud of the fact that have actually been to The New Wembley.

Just sayin'  

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was trying to find a fact I saw on twitter last season I believe, but came across these from last season... 

With their 3-0 win against Aston Villa, Man Utd became the first team in Premier League history to win four consecutive matches by a margin of 3+ goals. They also became the first team to win a Premier League game on all seven days of the week.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

And of course, we all know which player scored the first premiership goal of this millennium...

Branko 

On 06/03/2021 at 19:45, Mucker1884 said:

The day before Derby beat WBA in the Play Off Final, plucky Yeovil Town were beaten by Blackpool, but apart from the result, I hear their fans had an absolutely fantastic day out, and are rightly proud of the fact that have actually been to The New Wembley.

Just sayin'  

I can confirm that as a fact.

I was in London the night before our play off final victory at the new Wembley (incidentally, a place our local rivals, Notts forest, have never played at).

We met some Yeovil supporters in a pub near Euston Station drowning their sorrows and brought them drinks and had a jolly good sing song with them. 

My second team to this day.

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I can confirm that as a fact.

I was in London the night before our play off final victory at the new Wembley (incidentally, a place our local rivals, Notts forest, have never played at).

We met some Yeovil supporters in a pub near Euston Station drowning their sorrows and brought them drinks and had a jolly good sing song with them. 

My second team to this day.

I'm a little upset that you felt the need to mention that bit in bold... it's almost as if the whole point of my post about plucky little Yeovil was missed!  ??

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Derby's first league game of the 1894/95 season was a game of three 45 minutes 'halves'.

The ref was late but the game kicked off anyway. When he turned up at half time, he offered to restart the game (we were losing 3-0). Two more halves of football were played.

What was the final score? I’d love it if the opposition didn’t score another goal. 

It’s been 6 years since Billy Davies was last in football management. 

The season we went up, Preston, the team he wished he went up with finished just outside the top 6, he was sacked 6 months after the play off final.

6 million was wasted on Miller and Earnshaw which saw him land a job managing a club who’s fans have 6 fingers on each hand. 

34 minutes ago, David said:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers have won just the 1 Super Bowl way back in 2002.

American Football, but the topic title didn’t specify ?

I gave you a "Like" out of politeness.
What we could actually do with, is a "Shoulder shrugging Meh" reaction. 

Do you know anyone that could sort it for us?  :-)

Archived