The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Laugh away mate but I've consistently derided the Boris and his cronies as a weak-minded, self-serving and not fit for purpose, from start to finish., so I'm not sure why you feel the need to advise me of a fact of which I've always been aware. That said, I find your assertion that everyone who doesn't share your precise opinion to be some sort of blinkered sheep a bit tiresome, to be honest.

For the record, I've simply asked what it is you are alluding to in specific terms and once again (and for the gazillionth time), you've failed to offer any kind of coherent response. People aren't calling you a 'conspiracy nut' they are asking what it is you mean. Not sure what that is that's so hard for you to grasp  ?‍♂️

For the record once again and for the gazillionth time?

time will tell where this headed ,I don’t claim to be in the possession of knowledge others don’t have but I do know when stuff stinks to high heaven and is very wrong, but just for starters from observation,

Western governments have taken / conned a level of control over ordinary people that was unthinkable only 18 months ago and are clearly in no hurry to give people their freedom back , whilst abdicating responsibility for this to EXPERTS ?,

big pharma have unending virtually mandatory money tree with total exemption from any comebacks,

the divide between our rulers and betters is widened hugely and in such a blatant way that they flaunt it , one rule for the rich and powerful another for the plebs who stunningly are doffing their caps and saying all good sir , please save us sir ??, you alluded to sheep ??‍♂️
I could go on but it would make no difference at this point but will continue to point out the propaganda when it’s swallowed and posted as fact ??‍♂️

Honest question and please be totally honest if you are able, with yet another bending of the rules today for vip football people , sponsors and the like today are you following the rules to the letter now and intend to carry on doing so until they stop making these rules?

Edited by Archied

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

Honest question and please be totally honest if you are able, with yet another bending of the rules today for vip football people , sponsors and the like today are you following the rules to the letter now and intend to carry on doing so until they stop making these rules?

I must admit occasionally I've finished washing my hands before the full second verse of "happy birthday". 

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Here we go.... 

Even more transmissible than the previously even more transmissible variant.  

Ah well, something else for SAGE to hold over us as July 19th approaches.

Eventually Thel be come so transmissible that if somebody with Covid looks at you, Youl have to isolate for 10 days.

One of the other things they have been quiet about is of the current load of hospital covid cases, just how many of them have been caught whilst in hospital. I read the stats but can't remember the numbers, but a fair few.

If we're all/mostly vaccinated who is left to catch the virus for the third wave to overwhelm us again?

50 minutes ago, Archied said:

Followed them closely until I was 2nd jabbed, but have never used track and trace or checked in anywhere. Since being jabbed I only follow the rules about masks and distancing etc because I think wearing a mask is the decent thing to do in the company of strangers/supermarket employees etc. Would happily stop doing that tomorrow.

Went to the pub the other day, mask on whilst finding a table etc, sat down, took it off and almost instantly was approached by some old bloke who got uncomfortably close, even for normal times, who basically breathed directly in my face from a distance of approximately 3 inches, whilst telling me his wife had been in hospital with Covid for 4 weeks and he hadn't seen her.

He left me and my pal to England v Scotland pretty soon after and as everyone else in the pub didn't bother with masks when ordering (at the bar), and bar staff didn't care either I too didn't put mine on for the rest of the night.

Would have no problem doing so again as everyone in there had given their consent for me to not follow the 'rules' by breaking them themselves, but I think where you encounter people who obviously still feel unsafe being in close proximity/unmasked it's the decent thing to do to follow the rules.

Edited by JoetheRam

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

One of the other things they have been quiet about is of the current load of hospital covid cases, just how many of them have been caught whilst in hospital. I read the stats but can't remember the numbers, but a fair few.

If we're all/mostly vaccinated who is left to catch the virus for the third wave to overwhelm us again?

Up to 40 percent of cases were caught in hospital, they reckon, when it was at its peak. How that compares to other countries' healthcare systems, I don't know. Would be interesting to know, though. 

The number of people who will not have had at least one vaccine or not previously contracted Covid must be miniscule by the end of July. 

It's estimated over 85 percent of adults have some form of antibodies, with another month of vaccinations to go. 

5 hours ago, GboroRam said:

I must admit occasionally I've finished washing my hands before the full second verse of "happy birthday". 

I'm a proper metalhead and sing the chorus of "Disposable Heroes".

14 hours ago, Archied said:

I’ll comply now until the 19th July but that is it, I’m done with this nonsense now. 

If they can let 60000 into Wembley and their VIP cronies I think I’ll be OK to remove the mask and live life like I want to from this date. 

Ive complied pretty well up until now but when you can see the likes of Ascot go ahead, I think I’ll be OK to do my own thing from this date. I’m double jabbed along with all my family so I’ll start to take risks, which is what life is about, right. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Self-imposed social distancing is easy.

Just don't shower for a week.

Ah! Now I know how Download was allowed to go ahead…………

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Ah! Now I know how Download was allowed to go ahead…………

At one time, it looked as though there would be a serious mud shortage, but the bit of rain we had last weekend saved the day.

140k capacity crowd allowed for the British GP next month. We’ll be back at PP next season ?? (What division, who knows!))