The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

21 minutes ago, Archied said:

I am conflicted too as stated in my first post i can see the point , but my concern is what is happening to people , nothing is ever black and white and the speed with which the public have taken easily to demonising people, this latest group are people who risked their own lives in the early stages of a virus we knew nothing about to care for others and put them first before themselves and their own families ?‍♂️, where are we headed

Just before Christmas my Mother-in-law was rushed into hospital. On admission she was tested and didn't have Covid - a week later she was discharged - with Covid. It may be a wild guess, but I reckon she probably caught it from a healthcare worker....not great for a 91 year-old with dementia, a pacemaker and other health issues. Luckily (probably because she's so stubborn) she seems to have made a full recovery, but the good old NHS could well have killed her. I have absolutely no issue with telling anyone in the health care industry that may come into contact with the general public that they MUST be vacccinated......the only problem is that it's way too late to bring in these sort of rules.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Yep the general public can be incredibly grateful for their selflessness, then demonise them and put them out of work if they for whatever reason don’t comply,?‍♂️

best of luck staffing an already hugely understaffed sector , that won’t impact on health and well-being of the elderly 

How is it demonising? No one is blaming them it’s just recognising the fact that they have close contact with very vulnerable people. 

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

How is it demonising? No one is blaming them it’s just recognising the fact that they have close contact with very vulnerable people. 

Let’s watch how it plays out with gov, media and general public,

it’s already for some get jabbed or lose your job, these people were on the frontline with no jabs through the worst of it and at the shat end of little or no ppe,

clap for carers turns to sack for carers

without speaking to everyone of them I have no clue why they may not want to be jabbed,

by the same token I have no clue why they would have risked their lives and the lives of their families to care for others this last year and a half?‍♂️

Edited by Archied

1 hour ago, MrPlinkett said:

Its a requirement yes.

How its managed and handled if someone refuse, i dont know.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/increasing-health-and-social-care-worker-flu-vaccinations/social-care/

It's only mandatory to offer them and staff aren't penalised for refusing at the Trust where I used to be a Governor. Our take-up gradually increased with awareness raising campaigns over the years, and was at about 76% pre-Covid. 

I personally think both the flu jab and the covid vaccination should be a requirement for new staff across the care sector, but it might be difficult to enforce in retrospect. 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's only mandatory to offer them and staff aren't penalised for refusing at the Trust where I used to be a Governor. Our take-up gradually increased with awareness raising campaigns over the years, and was at about 76% pre-Covid. 

I personally think both the flu jab and the covid vaccination should be a requirement for new staff across the care sector, but it might be difficult to enforce in retrospect. 

I honestly think that’s the most workable solution 

oh and the most decent human course for people who deserve far more than get the jab or your sacked

Edited by Archied

37 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I wouldn’t propose you take any notice of the media. They could probably demonise Sister Theresa if they wanted to. ?

In the main I don’t , that’s why I don’t have the kind of mob views on immigration being the cause of all our ills and immigrants being scroungers bleeding the country dry rather than enhancing it , staffing the nhs and the like ,, my worry is how fast people who should know better succumb to it when it’s normally the total opposite of who and what they are ,,,,,, project fear?‍♂️

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

I am swaying towards agreeing with you for frontline medical staff tbh - however I would be concerned about vaccination creep (flu etc), putting pressure on an already understaffed sector and it spreading to other industries resulting in mandatory vaccination via the backdoor. 

Nothing is ever easy is it ? 

That's only rabies shots. Most vaccinations are in the arm.

4 hours ago, maxjam said:

And so the next drip, drip, drip of doomsday news begins.  

Anyone wanna bet July 19th might get pushed back?

Is the mythical R number making a comeback? Vanished off the face of the earth for a while now it’s back as the poster boy?

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Is the mythical R number making a comeback? Vanished off the face of the earth for a while now it’s back as the poster boy?

Got to love the switching of what is the vital figure to report haven't you.

Infections

Hospitalizations 

Excess deaths

The R number

Just choose the worst one on esch given day.

Just like Hancock in Parliament today, reporting that hospitalizations are up 48% on last week (up to a grand total of 177 people), no mention of the 20% drop in the last 3 days though!

11 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Just before Christmas my Mother-in-law was rushed into hospital. On admission she was tested and didn't have Covid - a week later she was discharged - with Covid. It may be a wild guess, but I reckon she probably caught it from a healthcare worker....not great for a 91 year-old with dementia, a pacemaker and other health issues. Luckily (probably because she's so stubborn) she seems to have made a full recovery, but the good old NHS could well have killed her. I have absolutely no issue with telling anyone in the health care industry that may come into contact with the general public that they MUST be vacccinated......the only problem is that it's way too late to bring in these sort of rules.

Same here. My 89 year old mum was admitted with heart failure and was tested negative on arrival. A few days after being discharged she was admitted again with covid. Her and my dad were isolating so, I don’t where else she could have caught it from. These older folk must be made of strong stuff as she has also made a full recovery (well, from covid anyway).

It’s a tricky one as I wouldn’t want anyone to lose their job but I’d feel a lot happier if my parents ever went into a care home if I knew the staff had had their covid and flu jabs.