The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

So you think you have 10 deaths in a care home in a week during a Covid outbreak, do you really need to test everyone?  If they didn’t have testing kits which they didn’t early in the pandemic and seem to be short again now. 

don’t you think a doctor could work it out without testing everyone? 

also I know of people who died of organ failure long after the 28 days. COVID was the cause of death and rightly so. 

Or vaccination , a bit like aguero 

More symptoms of Omicron released, stay vigilant everyone. And remember test, test, test, number of cases is the most important metric to control this.

0C82091D-7157-425D-B797-A35B5A64D15E.jpeg

Edited by TexasRam

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well a lot like Aguero. Except he isn't dead. And his heart problems have nothing to do with any vaccines. 

94 % of athletes who have heart problems have them as a result of vaccination ,, 

that’s where we are now , say what you like , make up any numbers you like so I’m sticking to it 

anybody else noticing a real desperation in the covoholics as the facts and number emerge to say it’s over back to work peeps ??‍♂️

49 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Question for everyone:- 

In YOUR mind/opinion, is it acceptable for a fellow human to be more fearful of the unknown (vaccine) than of the Covid?

Get a jab, don’t get a jab.

Sup to you, why do we have to convince each other to or not too?

I really don’t care if people don’t get the jab, and if I peg it because I’ve had the jab (I know I will die eventually btw) then there’s more gravy for the lucky ones who didn’t get it.

Life’s for living, I’ve heard there’s a flipping great meteor heading our way anyrode.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

The quote and the laugh imogi ??‍♂️??‍♂️,, lovely people ,NOT

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Well actually thats a lie, I'm surprised there weren't lots of clapping emojis when Eddie was wishing serious illness upon people with a different opinion to his.

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I have a hypothesis I should put forward for peer review.

Posting a 'laughing' emoticon in response to a non-humourous post you merely disagree with is evidence of a lack of intelligence.

Why would YOU need peer review on what’s lack of intelligence, you know with total certainty you are right??‍♂️

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Well actually thats a lie, I'm surprised there weren't lots of clapping emojis when Eddie was wishing serious illness upon people with a different opinion to his.

Yep this covid thing has blown the cover of many of our pretend humanitarian defenders of the downtrodden marginalised ?????

8 hours ago, Wolfie said:

But both statements on the second one can both be true. If you accept that "Vaccines reduce the chance of catching #Covid19 & so reduce chance of infecting others", then they do stop you infecting others. Some of them at least. Just not all of them.

If you reduce the chance of infecting people, then that is stopping some of them from being infected.

I was talking today to a neighbour who was very worried about her son-in-law. He is in his thirties and had covid a few months ago. Since then he has struggled with his memory and finds the workplace noisy and oppressive. For so many people covid seems to have a crippling effect long after the initial infection has passed. 

I'm not sure whether the omicron variation gives rise to 'Long Covid'  in the same numbers - I guess we don't know yet. But it's a good reason to take precautions not to catch it or pass it on if we can help it. 

31 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I was talking today to a neighbour who was very worried about her son-in-law. He is in his thirties and had covid a few months ago. Since then he has struggled with his memory and finds the workplace noisy and oppressive. For so many people covid seems to have a crippling effect long after the initial infection has passed. 

I'm not sure whether the omicron variation gives rise to 'Long Covid'  in the same numbers - I guess we don't know yet. But it's a good reason to take precautions not to catch it or pass it on if we can help it. 

Unless you move to a dessert island with a cave on it which you live in for the rest of your life without ever meeting another soul ,your going to get covid ??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

Unless you move to a dessert island with a cave on it which you live in for the rest of your life without ever meeting another soul ,your going to get covid ??‍♂️

I take your point @Archied, but as Mr M. works from home and I am no longer at work I'm hoping we'll be ok. We have a couple of holidays booked for the second half of the year, we still meet up with friends and family, lots of lovely long walks and meals out etc. We just stay away from cinemas, crowded places (which we rarely went to anyway.) We are simple folk! 

However, a dessert island sounds just up my street as long as there is plenty of chocolate mousse with cream topping, lemon meringue and a Tia Maria Coffee to finish with. I could be tempted!?

58 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Is he vaccinated?

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Might have been the vaccine that caused his problems then. 

It's a possibility, although his memory problems started when he caught covid rather than after he was vaccinated. It's hard to know one way or the other.