The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

15 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

World population 7.9B, 5.1M alleged Covid deaths, overall it’s 0.06% Death rate 

Think you're missing a zero. 

That calculation would be correct. If everyone in the world has had Covid. And nobody had been born or died since the first death. 

Other than that it's good maths. 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

Think you're missing a zero. 

That calculation would be correct. If everyone in the world has had Covid. And nobody had been born or died since the first death. 

Other than that it's good maths. 

It’s a deadly pandemic surely everyone’s at risk so should be counted or do we only count a few to make it look worse? The data has to be taken at a point in time so used those figures. Think the numbers are correct to be honest, however if you think a 0 is missing fair play. 

49 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

It’s a deadly pandemic surely everyone’s at risk so should be counted or do we only count a few to make it look worse? The data has to be taken at a point in time so used those figures. Think the numbers are correct to be honest, however if you think a 0 is missing fair play. 

I don't think you can consider the death rate of people who never had it. That might skew the figures a bit. 

You don't work out a manager's win ratio by including all the games he wasn't manager. 

32 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I don't think you can consider the death rate of people who never had it. That might skew the figures a bit. 

You don't work out a manager's win ratio by including all the games he wasn't manager. 

Ah ok good point, not everyone’s effected by the pandemic I forgot only those who have had it and not those who haven’t even had a sniffle ?…….. 

The thing with the manager analogy that doesn’t work is everyone’s playing in this game aren’t they? It’s not that deadly if people aren’t even contracting it, but what ever fits your rhetoric 

Friend's 11 year old son had Covid over half term. Minor symptoms and went back to school fine. Started to feel unwell and had appendicitis and had to have appendix removed. Went home then felt worse. Now in intensive care with PIMS that apparently comes from Covid. They don't think he even had appendicitis. Heart inflamed and beating twice as fast. Sounds awful.

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Two years into a virus that is quoted as extremely contagious I would think the numbers who have had it but not listed as positive tests would be massive , the biggest problem for me is the stats , numbers , criteria for counting them and modelling has just been all over the shop , Sadly this approach has not served us well in getting to grips with this virus and has produced extreme fear and or extreme cynicism at both ends of the scale , things like vaccine passports being pushed ahead with in many countries in preference to a negative test when it’s clear vaccine does not stop catching and spread of covid is just another crazy action/ policy in a long line of them 

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

So far, there are very few fatalities directly attributed to climate change, so perhaps we ought to ignore it, eh? Also, in all of recorded history, there have been fewer than 477,000 people killed, either directly or indirectly, by volcanic eruptions. That's fewer than 10% of those already known to have died as a result of Covid-19.

So even in the (by your ridiculously spurious style of argument) unlikely case of climate change being a thing, all we have to do is to move everyone from the areas threatened by flooding or drought and build new houses for them on volcanoes. It'll save on heating bills, they won't drown, and an added bonus is that they will be 10 times safer than those who contract Covid-19.

Edited by Eddie

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

So far, there are very few fatalities directly attributed to climate change, so perhaps we ought to ignore it, eh? Also, in all of recorded history, there have been fewer than 477,000 people killed, either directly or indirectly, by volcanic eruptions. That's fewer than 10% of those already known to have died as a result of Covid-19.

So even in the (by your ridiculously spurious style of argument) unlikely case of climate change being a thing, all we have to do is to move everyone from the areas threatened by flooding or drought and build new houses for them on volcanoes. It'll save on heating bills, they won't drown, and an added bonus is that they will be 10 times safer than those who contract Covid-19.

Thank god that ebola wasn't anything to worry about. It only killed 11,000. 

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Ignore climate change at your peril Eddie, oh sorry your generation already did that and left us to pick up the pieces. The question was asked how deadly Covid was, I used facts and figured to show a % death rate. I see they don’t fit with your and @GboroRam mass hysteria and scare story narrative, so you come up with a ridiculous counter argument. That’s fine I didn’t expect anything less, what I got from your post is you’re confident not everyone is effected by Covid. Good let’s not pointlessly lock anybody up in there house again and shut down the economy, we’re finally on the same page. 

Edited by TexasRam

11 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Friend's 11 year old son had Covid over half term. Minor symptoms and went back to school fine. Started to feel unwell and had appendicitis and had to have appendix removed. Went home then felt worse. Now in intensive care with PIMS that apparently comes from Covid. They don't think he even had appendicitis. Heart inflamed and beating twice as fast. Sounds awful.

Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery. I'd never heard of it, but it sounds horrendous

https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/resources/pims-covid-19-linked-syndrome-affecting-children-information-families

Thankfully rare (circa 5000 cases per million) but still, I can imagine parents of children affected wanting to punch anyone who gives it the whole "kids don't even get ill from it" blah blah

12 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Ignore climate change at your peril Eddie, oh sorry your generation already did that and left us to pick up the pieces. The question was asked how deadly Covid was, I used facts and figured to show a % death rate. I see they don’t fit with your and @GboroRam mass hysteria and scare story narrative, so you come up with a ridiculous counter argument. That’s fine I didn’t expect anything less, what I got from your post is you’re confident not everyone is effected by Covid. Good let’s not pointlessly lock anybody up in there house again and shut down the economy, we’re finally on the same page. 

Congratulations on making childbirth 50% safer, by counting all the men who never died during labour. 

On 24/11/2021 at 19:21, Rev said:

I had a Moderna booster yesterday, and it's absolutely floored me! 

Had no reactions at all with the AZ.

Hope you are feeling better today buddy. Early for you to have a booster isn’t it? I had mine last week - Pfizer - and (first ever) flu jab the day earlier, and it did zap me too. Back to feeling like a 59 year old now though. 

31 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Hope you are feeling better today buddy. Early for you to have a booster isn’t it? I had mine last week - Pfizer - and (first ever) flu jab the day earlier, and it did zap me too. Back to feeling like a 59 year old now though. 

Clinically vulnerable, due to a blood clotting disorder, although I've never had or been offered a flu jab.

The missus loved my discomfort, when she had a bad reaction to her first jab, she woke me in the middle of the night to ask for my help.

I told her she should've married a doctor and went back to sleep, so I had to die quietly! 

Back to work today, still with a headache and brain fog, but ok now.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

The flu jab is a git. It clobbers me for two days every year, but in my mind, it's a price worth paying.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Its funny watching the people who lambasted the Government for wasting billions on a useless track and trace system, now using their figures to back up their arguments...

I thought that was paid for by all the money saved by Boris when he cleverly sacked the pandemic committee six months before the pandemic hit. Perhaps he was applying the "Can't have a pandemic if there's no pandemic committee to declare one" school of thought.

I know there were pre-existing T&T systems which could have been rolled out in a few weeks - but the money for the product licences and tailoring would have ended up going to South Korea, Japan or Singapore instead of into the pockets of the much more deserving 'Friends of the Government'.