The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

34 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I’ve had enough now. July finish or I ignore it. We are frightened of our own shadows now.. 

Do you actually know anyone that is still frightened of the virus?

The people I know that were previously worried are now jabbed or double jabbed and no longer seem worried.

And we all saw how scared the politicians are of it at their knees up over the weekend.

Its getting harder and harder to believe that this is about public health anymore, with only 10 people on average dying a day we must be at the point now that the restrictions are causing more harm than good.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Read some of the replies to the comments sections of related articles, or tweets. There's plenty who seem happy to never leave their houses again and think 'travellers' are modern day Typhoid Marys!

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

I’ve had enough now. July finish or I ignore it. We are frightened of our own shadows now.. 

yep me too

image.thumb.png.ebc9fa45d69367affbbbd098f38250c7.png

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Stop watching the news, you suddenly stop thinking about it and get on with your life.

I'm doing what I've got to do at work, ill put me mask on in the supermarket if its busy, but thats it. I'm done.

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The people I know that were previously worried are now jabbed or double jabbed and no longer seem worried.

And we all saw how scared the politicians are of it at their knees up over the weekend.

Its getting harder and harder to believe that this is about public health anymore, with only 10 people on average dying a day we must be at the point now that the restrictions are causing more harm than good.

One couple that I know. Absolutely bricking it despite having both jabs. Other than that, not a sole.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Stop watching the news, you suddenly stop thinking about it and get on with your life.

I'm doing what I've got to do at work, ill put me mask on in the supermarket if its busy, but thats it. I'm done.

Gave up with the news during Brexit. 

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

From what I’m seeing and hearing it’s a mix of fear of the virus , carrot and stick fear in terms of do as we say or we make restrictions worse again and for lots the trade off of home working , free money schemes and the like is working out ok for them on balance of pros and cons ,,,

It’s  our children and grandchildren I worry about,

personally I’m done with it now , I will not do holidays until this madness is gone , I will not go to a restaurant, football game , theatre or anything that forces me to wear a mask , give my name and address or any other restrictions such as vaccine passport ( had both jabs),

I will not ever have any type of booster or ongoing jabs ,

as you say above I’m also beyond believing this is about public health and at some point you have to make a stand ,bloody shame though as at 60 years old I should be slowing down and enjoying the nice things in life ,seems there’s not too many of them left at this point??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I only know one person who's genuinely frightened - a 35 (ish) year old work colleague who only comes on site for work when he really has to, and is really paranoid about any personal contact & extreme social distancing when he does.

His opinion is that we should be in full lockdown until everyone is fully jabbed - and even then, he's concerned that it still might not be safe until everyone had had a booster jab for next year.

He's also a phd scientist (though I'm not sure what field - physics, I think).

35 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I only know one person who's genuinely frightened - a 35 (ish) year old work colleague who only comes on site for work when he really has to, and is really paranoid about any personal contact & extreme social distancing when he does.

His opinion is that we should be in full lockdown until everyone is fully jabbed - and even then, he's concerned that it still might not be safe until everyone had had a booster jab for next year.

He's also a phd scientist (though I'm not sure what field - physics, I think).

I know a few people that act differently from when they are at work to when they are out drinking socially. 

Double standards have been applied to many things Covid related. 

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I know a few people that act differently from when they are at work to when they are out drinking socially. 

Double standards have been applied to many things Covid related. 

Same here. Lots of the "motivationally challenged" are very concerned about all the latest covid developments with regards to their workplace, but a quick glance at their facebook page reveals no such paranoia in their personal time. I wish I could say it was a shock, but I could've hand picked the people who would behave this way.

We'll probably deliver another 8-10m vaccines between now and July 19th as well ?

I'm not sure what the restrictions are anymore, other than going to the football I don't think life is any different for me now, but whatever they are I'm going to rebel against them if there is another extension.  Enough's enough now.

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, maxjam said:

We'll probably deliver another 8-10m vaccines between now and July 19th as well ?

I'm not sure what the restrictions are anymore, other than going to the football I don't think life is any different for me now, but whatever they are I'm going to rebel against them if there is another extension.  Enough's enough now.

giphy.gif

You're probably correct that the restrictions arent that bad anymore but until it is said that restrictions are gone I dont think life will feel normal again.

I'm taking the kids down to London next weekend and would normally go down on the train but really dont fancy 2 hours of wearing a mask so will drive instead. 

Going out for meals and waiting 20 minutes to get a drink doesnt take my fancy either. 

27 minutes ago, maxjam said:

giphy.gif

For me it’s not just about what the restrictions are now, the more depressing thing is the constant threat that the gov can ,will and do change our lives at the drop of a hat and based on data that they decide the meaning of , models from modellers constantly looking for the worst case scenario to scare everyone and always turning out massively wrong ??‍♂️