First Love, Current Love

Day

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First: Willie Carlin. I was so like him - little, and an all-over the pitch midfielder, only he was good! I took to Archie Gemmill for the same reasons.

Current: Kristian Beilik. The nearest thing to George Thorne in his prime, who should have gone on to play for, and even captain England.

I also had a string of affairs along the way, including Roy MacFarland, Colin Todd, Kevin Hector, Igor Stimac, Inigo Idiakez, Will Hughes, and currently sneaking looks at Louie Sibley and Kaz Joswiack.

1 hour ago, ziggyram59 said:

Yes me to my first Derby matches was in 1971 so as a 11 year old I had a neighbour who was from Ilkeston originally who was a massive Derby fan who took me to the Baseball Ground. I was lucky to see both Championship sides and a couple of European matches. I thought it was going to last forever. I idolised Clough at Derby and was devastated when he and Taylor left.

Same here mate.  

We all thought he was coming back and he nearly did .

We will never know why he changed his mind .

Anyhow he gave me a lot of pleasure watching the Rams in my early days and I’ll never forget his or Dave Mackay managerial tenancy at DCFC or the players they signed for us to watch. 

First: Dean Saunders

Current: Matt Clarke just because he quietly goes about his business but if you watch he is so pivotal to us at the moment. Throws himself in front of everything and is calmness personified when in possession at the back. Just a shame he isn't ours and his stock is rising with every assured performance. 

Archived