Long range forecast

bucktwo

Skipping forward 1 full year . 

Its January 2022 

Fans are partially back in the stadiums , the Rams are lying 3rd in the table 6 points behind top and 8 points ahead of 7th. 

Both Everton and Man U are not looking like achieving their goals . 

If Rooney is approached would he go ? 

He doesn't need the money , will he be affected by what happened to Lampard , will the lure of the North West "project" be too big to resist , will he be true to his loyalty to us and return us to the premiership? 

Which way would be the Derby way ? 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bucktwo said:

Its January 2022 

Fans are partially back in the stadiums , the Rams are lying 3rd in the table 6 points behind top and 8 points ahead of 7th. 

He doesn't need the money , will he be affected by what happened to Lampard , will the lure of the North West "project" be too big to resist , will he be true to his loyalty to us and return us to the premiership? 

Think personally that the Manure supporters wouldn't want another unproven old boy after another season of OGS if he failed to deliver and the clamour for a high profile manager would be deafening.

100% he would go & anyone thinking otherwise would be extremely naive. He would back himself in the Prem just as he has done here. I think he'd be likely to consider any Prem move actually.

Everton is the most likely destination & a bigger 'threat' than Man Utd. They get through managers pretty quickly there but have lower expectations of previous managerial pedigree than the top 4...appointing Allardyce a couple of years back a clear sign of that. Also an emotional connection for Rooney at Everton just like Lampard & Chelsea.

13 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

Maybe not. He talked about managers being given time to enact their football projects, when questioned about Lampard's sacking. He's still a young manager with plenty to learn. Whether he went or not might depend more on the support afforded him by Derby - I think if he was backed/allowed his choices then he'd stay and take us up.

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Think personally that the Manure supporters wouldn't want another unproven old boy after another season of OGS if he failed to deliver and the clamour for a high profile manager would be deafening.

I don't see either going for him.

ManU have already done that with ogs and pound to a penny next Manu manager will be a "name".

I think a more realistic question would be if we're in the top six, and a prem club who are hanging around not far above the bottom three with a dissatisfied fan base start to want him.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Would worry about this when/if it happened. Means he is doing a good job for us which is the important thing.  

As long as we have the necessary agreements in place to ensure that DCFC benefit greatly from the move then I agree. If people want our players and staff then they are probably doing a good job for us, which also probably means the team are in a decent place.

I’m naive. I’m hoping Wayne breaks the mould and decides to see out what he’s started and see how far he can take it. I’m also a romantic and there’s so many similarities to Clough & Taylor times.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I don't see either going for him.

ManU have already done that with ogs and pound to a penny next Manu manager will be a "name".

I think a more realistic question would be if we're in the top six, and a prem club who are hanging around not far above the bottom three with a dissatisfied fan base start to want him.

I think Wazza is shrewd enough to realise that the Rams have potential and are a big club. It’s a bit like one of our current players considering a move to Fulham. Likelihood is in 12 months time they will be in the same league but at a smaller club. I can’t see Wazza going anywhere else anytime soon...he needs to prove his worth more first anyway after a very decent start...

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think Wazza is shrewd enough to realise that the Rams have potential and are a big club. It’s a bit like one of our current players considering a move to Fulham. Likelihood is in 12 months time they will be in the same league but at a smaller club. I can’t see Wazza going anywhere else anytime soon...he needs to prove his worth more first anyway after a very decent start...

Can't see Manure going down the ex-player route if Solskjaer starts to lose the plot-once bitten twice shy and all that. Although Woodward isn't an Abramovich, Rooney will be well aware with how Lampards' move to 'better' things has gone and I reckon he's much too shrewd to follow a similar path, at least not so early in his managerial career.

Don't think Man U will go for Rooney after seeing what happened to Lampard. However give it a decent season at Everton they might. Anyway, let's enjoy what will (hopefully) be a decent time at Derby for now. ogs also doing ok at Man U but he does need a cup or two.

Of course he would leave for a bigger job. There’s no loyalty in football, and why should there be? Managers are looking to advance their careers as much as we all are, and a move to Everton or Man Utd would represent a step up for Wayne. Anyone who thinks he wouldn’t take it are deluding themselves. I’d have no issue with it though, just as I had no issue with Lampard going to Chelsea. You can begrudge them big moves like that, it’s just the way football is. It also means they must have been doing a good job with us, and we’ll get paid compensation, so it’s not all bad. You have to accept these things happen in football and always be prepared to bring in a new manager.

2 hours ago, bucktwo said:

Its January 2022 

If Rooney’s got us to 3rd in the PL and Everton & Man U are under achieving then they must be below in the league therefore why would he leave the mighty Rams for either of them. We have the PL title in our sights!!! ...... sorry have I missed something?? ..... I need to get over to the ‘path to the playoffs’ thread I think I hear them calling ???

Archived