Derby County vs Rotherham (in theory)

cannable

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

He's up there to score goals.

On a similar thread, it's annoying to see Shinnie in the box making reasonable chances look difficult (twice). Why isn't that Knight?

Roy that is baalocks .. Shinnie did well with chances that came to him. Goalie and defenders did better,

Knight worked hard but didn’t have a good game. Maybe the captains job was a bit overwhelming and inhibited him .. we don’t know do we.? Of course we need a hot shot striker ... that’s obvious 

Honest Roy, I respect your knowledge of the game and of DCFC. I also reckon we’d enjoy a beer together - most of the time,  but your caustic negative demeanour on here about certain things and the way you like to find either scapegoats, victims or indeed  golden boys isn’t exactly inspiring or insightful for that matter. .. We are all down and grumpy but you’re in the promotion places at the moment. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Got to say mate,I thought shinnie was one of the few who played well today,had a go on goal twice and I don't recall him losing the ball or misplacing a pass.

I know that's not saying much with our rabble today mind?

Didn't say he didn't play well, but i'd rather someone else was shooting in the box.

5 minutes ago, jono said:

Roy that is baalocks .. Shinnie did well with chances that came to him. Goalie and defenders did better,

Knight worked hard but didn’t have a good game. Maybe the captains job was a bit overwhelming and inhibited him .. we don’t know do we.? Of course we need a hot shot striker ... that’s obvious 
Honest Roy, I respect your knowledge of the game and of DCFC. I also reckon we’d enjoy a beer together - most of the time,  but your caustic negative demeanour on here about certain things and the way you like to find either scapegoats, victims or indeed  golden boys isn’t exactly inspiring or insightful for that matter. .. We are all down and grumpy but you’re in the promotion places at the moment. 

What's caustic about wishing a better finisher than Shinnie to be in the box shooting? I'd rather it was Knight, or Sibley, or even oh I don't know a striker.

I never said Shinnie didn't have a good game, he was the best of the midfield, but that isn't saying much is it? 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously? Maybe Sibley. But the bench is full of kids, inexperienced kids. You risk a worse outcome putting them on too soon. The game wasn't going well football wise, too many of them seemed unable to make a simple pass at various times. The experienced players needed to step up.

Both Bird and Sibley should have been on earlier. Beyond that once we go a goal down, roll the dice a bit.

11 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

You have this weird belief that no-one could do better than the genius that is Wazza who has been a manager for 10 games in his entire life.. I don't know what Hughton would do since I'm not a mind reader. What I do know is this is the equivalent of a company putting a great salesman as its chief executive whilst they're on the brink of going under. It's frankly a farce that he's in charge. 

Ha ha ha. You think Hughton would do better with this squad. I asked you to pick a better team than the one Rooney had to put out. What a surprise you can't.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What's caustic about wishing a better finisher than Shinnie to be in the box shooting? I'd rather it was Knight, or Sibley, or even oh I don't know a striker.

I never said Shinnie didn't have a good game, he was the best of the midfield, but that isn't saying much is it? 

Your last line ..... Quod Erat Demonstrandum

21 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

We have played well in a couple of matches (Birmingham and Swansea) and we have 13 points from 10 games including a pretty shocking 2 points from 4 games against teams around us during his tenure. That is hardly fantastic points wise. To stay up we need someone who can get us hitting at least mid-table form which atm Rooney is not managing. So we've gone from bottom to second bottom and cut adrift of 20th with 3 defeats from the last 5. Is all of this sounding like a man who has earned a chance at a club in absolute desperation of clear guidance, experience and savvy? 

Rooney being a good player doesn't mean anything in regards to this. Managerial wise he's a rookie and it's ridiculous to believe that right now the best possible person for this job is someone who has no experience at all of managing a team in the second division or managing a team battling relegation. The over simplistic nonsense of 'well every appointment is a gamble' so why not just plump for someone who was a cracking player for a while but has no track record at all might be fine at the start of a season when we've got a solid squad, it cannot be used when we're in a relegation dog fight unless you are asking to be sent packing down to league 1. 

We have looked good in Sheffield Wednesday for a lot of it also. And I would say some other matches. It's been an improvement, certainly defensively. Our squad isn't deep enough. We don't have enough competition for places apart from at left back and centre midfield. Up front? Centre back? Attacking midfield? Wingers? strikers? We don't have the luxury of game changing subs and our attack is non existent this season. If we get more injuries, we are really in trouble. Rooney can't fix that in a few matches. He needs players in. My main issue with Rooney is manager is that he is no longer a player and I still think he would do a job playing wise. 

We badly need to bring at least two attacking players in. Rooney needs supporting. 

33 minutes ago, jono said:

I guess it’s a question of opinions. I don’t think we as a team played well today but I just can’t get in to singling out individual players as whipping boys. The narrative that turns a poor performance or a “he should have done better with that one - Messi would have - is just nasty and not constructive  ... Of course players have bad games and it is right that they get criticism but the personalisation and lack of objectivity when we’ve had a bad day as a whole, gets my goat .. I reserve the right to kick off AND to add some perspective 

I'm not being nasty it's not personal I like Waghorn he's a nice bloke, it's not a lack of objectivity and I support our players but when individual players under perform regularly as Waghorn, Wisdom, and Lawrence have been doing then it's only fair perspectively to air that opinion as I feel we require better players in their positions to see the football team we support produce better results than they are currently achieving, so it is still constructive.

And if these players were playing well I'd be praising them as I'd prefer to do and generally do, believe me, I'm struggling to point out any positives in their current performances and that shouldn't be the case. 

I also admire your support @jonofor sticking by them, and I'm usually like that, but when you keep seeing the same mistakes being made time and time and time again, then there's nothing wrong with airing them on here.

In a football ground I would be supporting the team through thick and thin, singing and getting behind the players, the coach, and the team and then airing my opinions with my mates in the pub after the game.

I certainly don't get any enjoyment out of singling out individual players and certainly not as whipping boys.

Up The Rams.

2 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

We have looked good in Sheffield Wednesday for a lot of it also. And I would say some other matches. It's been an improvement, certainly defensively. Our squad isn't deep enough. We don't have enough competition for places apart from at left back and centre midfield. Up front? Centre back? Attacking midfield? Wingers? strikers? We don't have the luxury of game changing subs and our attack is non existent this season. If we get more injuries, we are really in trouble. Rooney can't fix that in a few matches. He needs players in. My main issue with Rooney is manager is that he is no longer a player and I still think he would do a job playing wise. 

We badly need to bring at least two attacking players in. Rooney needs supporting. 

I don't think we looked 'good' against sheffield wednesday, we looked adequate against a team devoid of confidence and still lost. Holmes is basically rotting in the reserves so maybe we should look at getting him back in for a start but yes our squad needs fixing. This just highlights btw why hiring a rookie with 0 experience is such an awful, ill conceived idea that makes 0 sense. Yes, the situation is bad so instead of entrusting someone who has a record of turning around basket cases and difficult situations we'll entrust it to someone who has no experience of any of that. How does that make any sense at all? 

Rooney can't do a job playing wise anymore that's been clear this season i think for all to see tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't think we looked 'good' against sheffield wednesday, we looked adequate against a team devoid of confidence and still lost. Holmes is basically rotting in the reserves so maybe we should look at getting him back in for a start but yes our squad needs fixing. This just highlights btw why hiring a rookie with 0 experience is such an awful, ill conceived idea that makes 0 sense. Yes, the situation is bad so instead of entrusting someone who has a record of turning around basket cases and difficult situations we'll entrust it to someone who has no experience of any of that. How does that make any sense at all? 

Rooney can't do a job playing wise anymore that's been clear this season i think for all to see tbh. 

He was playing full matches, he would still be better than half that team if he played less. Who would you have appointed? 

3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I'm not being nasty it's not personal I like Waghorn he's a nice bloke, it's not a lack of objectivity and I support our players but when individual players under perform regularly as Waghorn, Wisdom, and Lawrence have been doing then it's only fair perspectively to air that opinion as I feel we require better players in their positions to see the football team we support produce better results than they are currently achieving, so it is still constructive.

And if these players were playing well I'd be praising them as I'd prefer to do and generally do, believe me, I'm struggling to point out any positives in their current performances and that shouldn't be the case. 

I also admire your support @jonofor sticking by them, and I'm usually like that, but when you keep seeing the same mistakes being made time and time and time again, then there's nothing wrong with airing them on here.

In a football ground I would be supporting the team through thick and thin, singing and getting behind the players, the coach, and the team and then airing my opinions with my mates in the pub after the game.

I certainly don't get any enjoyment out of singling out individual players and certainly not as whipping boys.

Up The Rams.

I reckon we are all pretty down at the moment. We are bound to be narky with the players and with each other .... me too 

TBH .. I like Rooney but think making Knight captain today was a bridge too far despite its good intentions. I also reckon the takeover issue is killing us .. we are asked to bail out the ship but the buckets have holes in them for fans and the team alike 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You missed my salient point each and every reply you've given.

That's the thing I haven't. I just dispute your bizarre Rooney premise that his coaching experience with the team along with the improvement in performances and weaknesses in the squad means that an experienced manager wouldn't be able to do anything much differently or better to what he currently is. 

1 minute ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

He was playing full matches, he would still be better than half that team if he played less. Who would you have appointed? 

He wouldn't certainly not in the position of centre midfield. I'm not entirely sure, I'd have to dig out who had been available at the time. People talked about Allardyce which if we could have gotten him would have been a real coup I think, Hughton if we'd have jumped on Cocu before Forest got hold of him. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Okay. I'm lost now, what's the problem (other than the lack of signings)?

Look, let’s just admit it .. you’re a miserable old goat and I’m narky, truculent and argumentative tonight.

talk next week when the oil well delivers but we all then decide drive solar powered electric cars .. it’s the Derby way ?

Archived