New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

No, obviously not. DO I believe Big Sam would keep us up, yes 100%. Will we stay up with someone else, probably as long as we make decent appointment.

Allardyce is horrible. Horrible football, horrible attitude and activities that are, at best, dodgy. This is a man who reached the pinnacle of his profession for an Englishman then wasted no time in using that position for self-aggrandisement.

It doesn't have to be someone like him.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Honestly can't figure out why any Derby fan would turn Big Sam down. Genuinely. 

We're bottom of the Championship and in complete free fall 

We need someone to come in. Steady the ship. Keep us up. That's it.

Carry on like this and we're gone.

Infact carry on with this form and we will finish on around 24 points.

He's a Bamford. We should aim higher than untrustworthy; higher than neanderthal football; higher than someone who's been out of football for two and a half years.

I‘ve been against Allardyce as I don’t really want that type of manager at our club for the long term.

However sitting down and thinking about it if he can save us and he’s done it before I wouldn’t argue with his appointment as a desperation tactic for the rest of the season!

Things are that bad!

Why is it assumed that Allardyce would come here on a short-term rescue mission?

Since England in 2016 he’s managed Palace & Everton. Two sides a long, long way ahead of us. I’m sure he’s had plenty of interest and could’ve jumped back in with PL sides fighting to stay up too. He could’ve gone to Newcastle 18 months ago but turned it down.

He won’t accept a job at the bottom of the Championship, who will use him to get out of trouble then say thanks very much at the end of the season and look for someone else. Regardless of thoughts about his playing style, as a manager he’s still at a level much above where we’re at. If he comes to us it’ll be because we’re paying him enough over a long enough term for him. I’d imagine that’ll be to the summer of 2022, possibly even 2023 before he’d even consider it.

4 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We need a new manager asap. Not any of these lot. A new outlook, a new voice.

We've got 4 coaches. One of them is playing 90 mins. There is no leader on the training ground. 

This needs sorting asap. 

This picture sums it up. 

I've had enough of this football club now. 

20201121_182509.jpg

If you had enough of the club just go buddy.  Find yourself another team. How about Hereford Utd and you could be MackworthBull.

15 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

We've narrowly lost to a team that is one point off the top of the league after outplaying them at their place. Get Sibley and Joswiak flying and we shoot up the league.

Rooney and Rosenoir have a great chance of boosting their CV's over the next few games.

You know I am not too keen agreeing with you, but I feel exactly the same way. Posters dismissing them after one game when we played quite well. It’s blind panic. If we had been in or around the top 6 before today’s game most would be saying that we were a bit unlucky, but because we are bottom all reason disappears. 

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You know I am not too keen agreeing with you, but I feel exactly the same way. Posters dismissing them after one game when we played quite well. It’s blind panic. If we had been in or around the top 6 before today’s game most would be saying that we were a bit unlucky, but because we are bottom all reason disappears. 

From a rational point of view I agree, but it's hard to be rational with 1 win from 12 games and one of the worst starts in the clubs history and football league history. I can't see where the next win is coming from, if we loose the next few I can't see us recovering from that as we will need too many wins. 

Call me a pessimist but I can't see us getting a win before Christmas and being near enough down barring top 6 form 2nd half of the season , people were laughing about a month ago when I predicted a very low point tally form the next set of games and I'm pretty sure in reality we have actually got less points than my pessimistic prediction. Boros a right off pretty much at present, Wycombe are fighting for their lives and will see us as a great chance of a win to keep us bottom and apart from the odd draw we will be lucky to get many points. Waghorn isn't a proper striker we are crying out to either bench him on play him out wide as a work horse winger, Holmes is not good enough and really I think we need to start Sibley for a bit of creativity and goal threat. 

What sums up this league is that 4 of our 6 points have come away to 2 relegated teams which occupy the top 2 positions. We were probably the better team today vs Bristol too who sit 3rd.

The players we have are not bad players, the majority were here last season when we finished top 10 and you could say some of our transfers are improvements on the outgoings. What we're seriously lacking is confidence in and around the opposition box. Our overall play up to that point isnt too bad, defensively we have looked abit more solid too.

What we need is someone who can free the shackels from our front men and fill them with confidence. Id like our new manager in this week because with all due respect, 2 home games to start with vs Wycombe & Coventry could be the perfect games for a new manager to come in and breed confidence.

Who that manager is I dont know, id rather it not be Rooney or Rosenior but ive given up guessing who we need as we have tried all types since Clough and all have failed to get promotion

9 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

From a rational point of view I agree, but it's hard to be rational with 1 win from 12 games and one of the worst starts in the clubs history and football league history. I can't see where the next win is coming from, if we loose the next few I can't see us recovering from that as we will need too many wins. 

But you are being irrational because we could win our next game flukely and be out of the relegation spots with 33 games to go.  I accept this is not the season we wanted clearly, but at the moment our position really does not justify the full blown panic being witnessed on this forum. 

18 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

We disagree politically but when it comes to the Rams we are brothers...??

31 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Call me a pessimist but I can't see us getting a win before Christmas and being near enough down barring top 6 form 2nd half of the season , people were laughing about a month ago when I predicted a very low point tally form the next set of games and I'm pretty sure in reality we have actually got less points than my pessimistic prediction. Boros a right off pretty much at present, Wycombe are fighting for their lives and will see us as a great chance of a win to keep us bottom and apart from the odd draw we will be lucky to get many points. Waghorn isn't a proper striker we are crying out to either bench him on play him out wide as a work horse winger, Holmes is not good enough and really I think we need to start Sibley for a bit of creativity and goal threat. 

Pessimist

39 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I think most would have expected us to lose today.

The game finishes 0-0 and we are probably feeling encouraged by a hard earned point.

But in the situation we are in, I disagree that it’s blind panic.

In ordinary circumstances, catching a play-off chasing side on an off day, being competitive and still losing would probably be a hard luck story and we wouldn’t be so downbeat. 

But these are not ordinary circumstances, far from it. We are bottom of the league and we are in big trouble.

Don’t forget that we have already lost games v Luton, Blackburn, Huddersfield, Barnsley and QPR, so perhaps if we had handled those games better, we could write off today as a hard luck story.

But in our situation, we can’t afford to be unlucky. We have to seize on those moments when we can.

Just now, Jourdan said:

I think most would have expected us to lose today.

The game finishes 0-0 and we are probably feeling encouraged by a hard earned point.

But in the situation we are in, I disagree that it’s blind panic.

In ordinary circumstances, catching a play-off chasing side on an off day, being competitive and still losing would probably be a hard luck story and we wouldn’t be so downbeat. 

But these are not ordinary circumstances, far from it. We are bottom of the league and  we are in big trouble.

Don’t forget that we have already lost games v Luton, Blackburn, Huddersfield, Barnsley and QPR, so perhaps if we had handled those games better, we could write off today as a hard luck story.

But in our situation, we can’t afford to be unlucky. We have to seize on those moments when we can.

Allardyce is blind panic. People will look back in the years ahead and ask themselves, 'What was I thinking?'

58 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Why is it assumed that Allardyce would come here on a short-term rescue mission?

Since England in 2016 he’s managed Palace & Everton. Two sides a long, long way ahead of us. I’m sure he’s had plenty of interest and could’ve jumped back in with PL sides fighting to stay up too. He could’ve gone to Newcastle 18 months ago but turned it down.

He won’t accept a job at the bottom of the Championship, who will use him to get out of trouble then say thanks very much at the end of the season and look for someone else. Regardless of thoughts about his playing style, as a manager he’s still at a level much above where we’re at. If he comes to us it’ll be because we’re paying him enough over a long enough term for him. I’d imagine that’ll be to the summer of 2022, possibly even 2023 before he’d even consider it.

Tbh I’m not sure he would. It’s purely why my preference would be as I’m not keen but realise he can dig teams out of a hole

47 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Lose,it's bloody lose,not loose....aaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Please Marriott,for the love of god

Archived