New Manager

dantheram

1 hour ago, DeMontfortRam said:

With Rafa supposedly out of the picture the list of favourites doesn't make for comfortable reading right now.

I genuinely don't think anyone outside of Mel and the new owners know whose coming in... Rooney/Rosenior might get a full 3 games to prove themselves as was mentioned, and they might absolutely smash it. If that's the case then I'd be somewhat open to the idea of them taking the role full time.

But without 2 or 3 wins under their belt minimum then I don't want either of them to get the role.

I can't see the new owners appointing Paul Cook, it's an incredibly underwhelming way to welcome in a new era... For that reason I reckon it's either Eddie Howe, Big Sam, John Terry (does he really want to be constantly compared to Frank Lampard though?) or Slaviša Jokanović. Wouldn't mind us nabbing another club's manager though (Cooper the most likely target).

2 or 3 wins MINIMUM!  I am insisting on 4 wins out of the next 3 games.  DMR sorry I'm taking the mick a bit but I would expect 4 points is the minimum.  3 wins including away at Bristol would be astounding, less than 4 points would be a la Cocu.  For all I know they might have no chance at all irrespective of the results.  We need points but first of all I would like to see a big improvement in how we play the games.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please please no to Gregory !!!

Just hoping its a very unfunny story made up by the press - surely no trace of truth in it ? (and don't call me Shirley)

As much as I'd like it I also don't think there is any realistic chance of Benitez coming to Derby...

So that leaves a not very appealing list - I don't think Howe would be interested so its even more worrying ?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the intention is to give it to Rooney - after all this is 'Wayne Rooney's Derby County.'

?

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

2 or 3 wins MINIMUM!  I am insisting on 4 wins out of the next 3 games.  DMR sorry I'm taking the mick a bit but I would expect 4 points is the minimum.  3 wins including away at Bristol would be astounding, less than 4 points would be a la Cocu.  For all I know they might have no chance at all irrespective of the results.  We need points but first of all I would like to see a big improvement in how we play the games.

Boro are unbeaten in 10 and Bristol are 2 points off the top. If we get any points from either of them I'd consider it a positive sign even if Bristol only have half a team after their Covid problems.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Mick L White said:

David Wagner - high press, high intensity took up an ordinary Huddersfield team and kept them in the Premier league for a full season - teammate of Klopp. Would love to see Derby playing with that sort of intensity!

His team relied on nicking wins by the odd goal and went up with a negative goal difference - not sure we want someone like that in the position we are currently in.

4 hours ago, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

Can someone explain why when Rowett moves to another club he is referred to as a snake whereas Maclaren who did it in a more devious way is considered worthy of a 3rd comeback.

Rowett traded on his reputation at Derby and talked at length on several occasions about it being his dream job. All the while making a bunch of short term decisions and signings in order to try for a quick promotion. Then he jumped ship before having to deal with those decisions to another championship team who likely perceived as a bit of a better for getting a promotion on his CV. 

As opposed to McClaren, who whilst you can argue wasnt as clear as he should have been in rejecting Newcastle, did reject them and then was sacked after. Newcastle by the way who were/are a premiership club, a bigger club than us and his hometown club. 

6 hours ago, Richard246 said:

? Rafa still remains top of the list.

Donald Trump is available on Jan 20th but may be prepared to sign an interim contract now if impressed with the setup. Make Derby County Great Again hats may be available in Derby marketplace soon if his odds shorten. COYR

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

Rowett traded on his reputation at Derby and talked at length on several occasions about it being his dream job. All the while making a bunch of short term decisions and signings in order to try for a quick promotion. Then he jumped ship before having to deal with those decisions to another championship team who likely perceived as a bit of a better for getting a promotion on his CV. 

As opposed to McClaren, who whilst you can argue wasnt as clear as he should have been in rejecting Newcastle, did reject them and then was sacked after. Newcastle by the way who were/are a premiership club, a bigger club than us and his hometown club. 

His hometown club ? That would be York City then!

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Big Sam gone from 20/1 too 4/1 today who’s lumped a tenner on him 

Rafa, Sam, Howe , all experienced ,successful any of these would be able to do the job .Suggested Sam on numerous occasions during the last 5 years.He isn't the dinosaur many believe,Bolton played good football under his command  , and he is a proven fire fighter taking clubs from the brink of relegation. Don't understand why so many on here think he ain't good enough for us.Think he would sort the men from the boys,take no sh%t from the dressing room and get the players playing.

On 19/11/2020 at 13:55, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Rooney now odds on favourite ?

I’m starting to think he might deserve a go. Was dead against a week or so ago. Let’s see what passion, desire and style the team play with over the  next 3 games.

If no improvement then he can go back to what he did before (whatever that was)

Archived