New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, RedSox said:

A very bold statement, mate.  Hope you're right or they'll be piling on to diss you!!

Terry is still at Villa and only being speculated about as the next potential manager of Derby or West Brom by Football Insider!!! Now then, where did this nonsense about Gregory come from?! ???

23 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Hoddle gave his personal opinion about why he thought people were born with a disability. I've not seen a source for the personal opinions of our potential new owner, but the country he comes from doesn't stone gays, educates girls as well as boys and doesn't ban women driving. He comes from the UAE, not Saudi Arabia. 

https://fanack.com/united-arab-emirates/human-rights/gay-rights/

even still. Hardly brilliant.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Agree completely, by Western standards their laws and human rights standards are awful, and as someone who's been there many times I certainly wouldn't want to live there, but you ascribed some very strong opinions to our new owner personally. I haven't a clue what his personal opinions are.

Why are people so binary all the ducking time? It seems like you can only ever be either the worst manager in history or the messiah.

If you ask Schalke fans about Wagner, he's a useless clown. And if you ask Derby, FC Twente and Middlesbrough fans about McClaren, he's brilliant.

Yet if you ask Newcastle, Forest, Wolfsburg and England fans about Mac, he's clueless. And if you speak to Huddersfield fans, Wagner is a genius.

Football management isn't anywhere near as simple as people seem to be making out. Good managers can do bad jobs, and bad managers can do good jobs. Let's not crucify our new gaffer if he's not the one at the top of our wish lists. Give whoever it is a chance.

Keep the faith, and remember why we started supporting this stupid club in the first place.

8 hours ago, Jayram said:

Maybe non-entity is a bit harsh but Di Matteo won the Champions League in May having only taken over the reins at Chelsea in March - it wasn’t really his team. He’d be another showboat choice - someone who wins when he’s given an already talented team and millions to spend, which is exactly the wrong kind of manager for us at this current point in time.

Yeh I was mostly objecting to the extreme reaction to him - He's not exactly been a universal wonder but non-entity isn't something one can level at any manager who's won the champs league regardless of how long he was there for

Also worth remembering that he managed an okayish MK Dons team to 3rd in league one - And took West Brom back to the Prem after their relegation - So he has pedigree at this level 

On the other hand he did stink up the place at Villa so ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why are people so binary all the ducking time? It seems like you can only ever be either the worst manager in history or the messiah.

If you ask Schalke fans about Wagner, he's a useless clown. And if you ask Derby, FC Twente and Middlesbrough fans about McClaren, he's brilliant.

Yet if you ask Newcastle, Forest, Wolfsburg and England fans about Mac, he's clueless. And if you speak to Huddersfield fans, Wagner is a genius.

Football management isn't anywhere near as simple as people seem to be making out. Good managers can do bad jobs, and bad managers can do good jobs. Let's not crucify our new gaffer if he's not the one at the top of our wish lists. Give whoever it is a chance.

Keep the faith, and remember why we started supporting this stupid club in the first place.

I started supporting the Rams because my dad took me to the baseball ground. It was our Local team. At that time we had a new ambitious young manager. There was excitement every game and I looked forward to Saturday at 3pm. 

Big name, small name, no name. Probably end up the same as ever

24 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Totally agree.

Wazza could be amazing or awful, so could any manager, even those who have previously done well else where.

It's a gamble and I'd be happy with any the top candidates, I kind of hope its Wazza.

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yeh I was mostly objecting to the extreme reaction to him - He's not exactly been a universal wonder but non-entity isn't something one can level at any manager who's won the champs league regardless of how long he was there for

Also worth remembering that he managed an okayish MK Dons team to 3rd in league one - And took West Brom back to the Prem after their relegation - So he has pedigree at this level 

On the other hand he did stink up the place at Villa so ?‍♂️

I don't know whether this has only started recently or whether I've only just started noticing it, but the hyperbole on the forum is ludicrous at the minute.

I've seen David Wagner, Danny Cowley, Nigel Adkins and Roberto Di Matteo labelled as crap, dreadful, non-entities, etc, when if you speak to Huddersfield, Lincoln, Southampton and Chelsea fans respectively, they're practically club legends. 

Fine, if you don't want to get excited by those names then that's your prerogative. But the exaggeration of their supposed lack of ability is completely ridiculous. We're never going to attract someone who's been amazingly successful at every single job they've ever done, because those managers aren't going to want to take over a team at the foot of the Championship.

1 hour ago, SouthernRam said:

Jokanovic is the stand out candidate for me. In the final year of his contract. Two Championship promotions on his CV. Attacking style of football.

Not sure any of the other names come close to be honest.

Mine too. I'd be excited if he was taking charge. Attacking football. Goals. Oh my god, goals. Even half chances from open play. SIGN HIM UP! 

Archived