Derby U23s VS Brighton: Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Last move of the game is our best move of the game - almost a winner created by Ibe.

That was the best thing he did. Showed some good touches but also some poor ones.

I will take the draw tonight as we were second best for big parts of that game.

The more that went on the more Ibe looked like the player we remember from 2014.

Still quite a way to go though, of course.

tbh Bielik looked off the pace and quite a disnatnce from the first team in his first U23 appearance, but it was ony about 3 weeks or something before he claimed his place in the starting lineup & has looked one of our best players recently.

1 hour ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Don’t understand what the problem is with Duncan. Literally barely kicked a ball since signing. Been an unused sub for last three games. That’s almost a dereliction of duty in terms of development coaching 

It does make you wonder, that's for sure.

BTW welcome to the forum. Nice name ?

1 hour ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Don’t understand what the problem is with Duncan. Literally barely kicked a ball since signing. Been an unused sub for last three games. That’s almost a dereliction of duty in terms of development coaching 

Are you related to Ivorbeerbelly. Only joking, Rbb

11 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

wow that's quite an accusation Mr Duncan.  Perhaps you should try harder in training to get yourself selected

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

In and amongst the starlets, there are some pretty average players in the U23s.

If Duncan can’t get on the pitch, he may not be the superstar we hoped we’d signed.

It's a weird one isn't it.   I for one was quite excited when he joined.  My Liverpool buddy said he was really good and it had the potential of being a quality signing.  And now nothing.  Maybe he's just massively unfit. A big maybe though....

Well I certainly didn’t mean it as any kind of serious accusation in anyway at all, but if a 19 year old footballer doesn’t deserve a minute of football in 3 successive games “development” league games then the attitude must be far worse than we could imagine

Gor the record I am neither senior or Junior Mr Duncan! If you saw me I am anything but an athlete!!

We haven't really seen any reports on Duncan to say how he's progressing and he hasn't posted as much as I would have expected. 

Maybe he's like Ibe. He hasn't played for a while and things just aren't clicking. 

Certainly showed a lot of promise so with hard work he can come back. 

1 minute ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

I wouldn’t disagree with this necessarily....who falls into which category? In your opinion?

Well just in my opinion I don't think JHI is a Derby first team player, nor Walker or Creswell. That's not to say they aren't good U23 players.

Hutchinson shows snippets but gives the ball away too much (that might still improve). 

I think Watson looks good, Stretton is good when played through the middle and we have a lot of good full backs. 

If Duncan is the player we think he is, he should make use of the space most U23 teams afford the opposition. 

Archived