Derby U23s VS Brighton: Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

Kicking off at 19:00 tonight, live on RamsTV.

Derby will be looking to get back to winning ways after suffering defeat last time out (17 days ago).

We went into the last international break top of the table having played 2 more games than some, but we go into this one with a game in hand on the top two. A win could see us regain top spot. However, Chelsea play Spurs tonight and a win for them will most likely be enough for them to steal 1st place having a GD 3 better than our own.

The visitors tonight sit 8th, in a very compact table, and will be hoping to move up to 3rd with a win.

With McDonald and Stretton being in the first team squad, I doubt either will be in the squad tonight. [McDonald is suspended anyway] My predicted lineup:

Foster
Bardell   Solomon   Wassall   Archie
Hutchinson   JBrown
Shonibare   Watson   Wilson
Trialist

Subs: Idem, Minkley, LThompson, Duncan, Cresswell

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So Sibley, Strtton and Ibe not involved vs Swansea then?

Likely to be the case, but Stretton and Sibley might make the bench, I guess. With being able to name 9 and use 5 they might be useful for 10 minutes still on Wednesday.

It looks like MtW is back in the first team squad after being with u23s recently. Not many defenders in that squad and Jordan Brown is being used as a utility player these days by the look of things.

Would like to see more of Duncan tonight. He can't be far off getting more minutes.

Ibe clearly isn’t fit yet, so good to see him hopefully getting some more minutes here. Sibley is obviously falling well out of first team favour too, he’s only getting a few minutes here and there at the moment. He still looks very raw, maybe a League One loan is in order. 

Didn’t realise Mitchell-Lawson was back either, I presume his loan at Bristol Rovers didn’t work out.

3 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Is it Kevin Wilson on co-commentary? Dreadful and not a patch on Shane Nicholson.

I prefer Shaun Barker, he's been great the last few matches.

Sibley looking sharp but a bit greedy with the second one, should have put it across to JHI.

Archived