Jump to content

Times Rooney article


Charlotte Ram
 Share

Recommended Posts

The gist:

1. Wazza is up at 6am every day and at Moore Fm by 7:30 to work on training.

2. Doing 12 hour days to get the team to be more ready for rigours of the Championship. 

3. He’s brought in more experienced players & worked on Kazim to be focus of attack.

4. Wingers asked to track back more. Whole team now doing more mileage. 

5. Unbeaten in 4 games. Need to get Derby to score more. 

6. Wazza basing his managerial instincts on combination of Fergy, Moyes, Van Gaal, Sven, Southgate {!} et alia. 
 

7. Takeover uncertainty not helping. 
 

8. Wazza enjoying the journey and hungry for success. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

The gist:

1. Wazza is up at 6am every day and at Moore Fm by 7:30 to work on training.

2. Doing 12 hour days to get the team to be more ready for rigours of the Championship. 

3. He’s brought in more experienced players & worked on Kazim to be focus of attack.

4. Wingers asked to track back more. Whole team now doing more mileage. 

5. Unbeaten in 4 games. Need to get Derby to score more. 

6. Wazza basing his managerial instincts on combination of Fergy, Moyes, Van Gaal, Sven, Southgate {!} et alia. 

7. Takeover uncertainty not helping. 

8. Wazza enjoying the journey and hungry for success. 

What, no mention of Mac3 and his input?

liar liar lol GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A commendable work ethic. I've come to the conclusion that unless we see some dramatic reverses over the next game or two, the job is his, even if initially only to the end of the season. A convincing win today would all but seal the deal I reckon. Four points from the Stoke and Swansea games and a win against Rotherham and it's a slam dunk. Even doubters like myself could not argue he'd not have earned it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the takeover allows Rooney to bring 2 or 3 players in during January I'm starting to think he could be a success.

He clearly isnt scared to drop a player, is well respected by his peers, clearly wants to play football how it is meant to be played and the best thing of all, bringing Kornell McDonald on showed to me he is happy to give youth players a go.

Rooney is slowly proving me wrong and I love it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be fair I expected to get zilch points from Millwall away, Brentford away, Potters at home and Swansea at home. Even with a point today we will have 5 from those games. We seem to be more solid and organised under him and becoming much more difficult to beat. I would like 2 more attacking players playing in front of Bielik, Knight and Sibley preferably, so we offer more of an attacking threat, but he is doing well. I was a definite 'No' but will be quite happy to be proved wrong if the improvement continues.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

The gist:

1. Wazza is up at 6am every day and at Moore Fm by 7:30 to work on training.

2. Doing 12 hour days to get the team to be more ready for rigours of the Championship. 

3. He’s brought in more experienced players & worked on Kazim to be focus of attack.

4. Wingers asked to track back more. Whole team now doing more mileage. 

5. Unbeaten in 4 games. Need to get Derby to score more. 

6. Wazza basing his managerial instincts on combination of Fergy, Moyes, Van Gaal, Sven, Southgate {!} et alia. 
 

7. Takeover uncertainty not helping. 
 

8. Wazza enjoying the journey and hungry for success. 

Are you saying he has problems at home and he doesn't respect Cocu?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also admit.... didn’t want him at all. But he’s grown on me. He seems to be the only Derby manager I can remember who seems to actually set us up to either stop the oppositions strengths or expose their weaknesses. Like CKR deliberately winning headers over Rico Henry - every goal kick he went and stood on him. Ok it didn’t come to anything but it’s the attention to detail that’s impressive. 
 

Get a win today and if we start scoring goals. I can see him getting us into a comfortable postition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Are you saying he has problems at home and he doesn't respect Cocu?

No. 

Although in other pieces there have been hints that Wazza and Cocu diverged on certain aspects; best left alone.

Wazza is serious about management. He is starting to lose his skin as a player and evolve into the manager. You can see that he’s very focused and single-minded about it. It’s absorbing him. What’s more it suits him. Don’t under-estimate him. The players have bought in to him and that is a huge factor in being successful. I think they wanted to buy into Cocu but it was all a bit unclear and he always seemed nervous. Rooney looks very calm in comparison and self-assured. Cometh the hour, cometh the man ...


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whilst we can’t deny he’s picking up results and it’s tempting to just give him the role, I still feel in the long term we need someone with a lot more experience, particularly within this league. 
 

remember when Solskjaer was interim at Man Utd and they looked like Barcelona for a while until the new manger bounce faded and teams worked them out? 
 

Yeah, that 

Edited by Derbados
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Whilst we can’t deny he’s picking up results and it’s tempting to just give him the role, I still feel in the long term we need someone with a lot more experience, particularly within this league. 
 

remember when Solskjaer was interim at Man Utd and they looked like Barcelona for a while until the new manger bounce faded and teams worked them out? 
 

Yeah, that 

He’s got more experience of winning at football than 95% of other people in the game. There’s a quiet sense of steely-determination and a dash of focused-calm in his eyes. Some suggested that as the players had seen him look rubbish on the pitch that his mystique would be gone and his command of them would be lost ....but actually no sign of that. Let’s see how this develops. We need a bit of a razzmatazz win and a worldy from Ibe and Wazza’s wagon will be running fast ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Yes I’m warming to him. If he does well in the next couple of games I think he will make the job his. Just wish he could brush up on his interviews

I find his interviews are getting better now he is talking about his own vision for the football. He seems more relaxed and is showing a sense of humour. 

I always felt Rooney was very guarded in his dealings with the media previously but I think he's speaking from the heart now. 

Of course, this is helped when the team isn't losing, it's still early days but he's definitely growing on me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, angieram said:

I find his interviews are getting better now he is talking about his own vision for the football. He seems more relaxed and is showing a sense of humour. 

I always felt Rooney was very guarded in his dealings with the media previously but I think he's speaking from the heart now. 

Of course, this is helped when the team isn't losing, it's still early days but he's definitely growing on me.

Agree with this.

I understand why he’s usually guarded. It can’t be easy having to deal with being in the spotlight since the age of 16. 

But I have found his recent interviews more engaging. And all his ex team mates will tell you that he was the life and soul of the dressing room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.