Merry Christmas to all DCFC Fans

Day

19 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Well said @David... made me well up a bit..... and speaking from personal experience, please if anyone is ever feeling anything close to how the Newcastle fan must have felt over the last few days/weeks/months please please speak up. Speak to someone, anyone, a friend, a stranger  send me a message, just don’t ever think you are on your own...even if you don’t agree with me that Billy Davies is a rock star... merry Christmas... lots of love - Mike. (See I am a human like person after all) 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merry Cristmas to all you posters on the forum. Big thanks for David keeping me busy here for the last ten years or so. I do appreciate also all you mods out there. And fellow posters.

This year could be seen as pretty awful but you can also think about this year differently. All the little things we have taken as granted are starting to show their value. Attending the games, have a beer with a friend or just strolling around the local shopping mall carefree etc. After the covid is under control I believe we can enjoy the normality of our lives more fully for a while until it gets just ordinary life of ours.

Stay safe, find the true Christmas spirit and be ready for a new and better year 2021.

Merry Christmas all posters. 

It's been a lousy year for the human race, and for football. Forums like this (although there is really no forum to compare with DCFCFANS...)  have made a significant contribution toward keeping people connected, and sane, actually. 

Best wishes for 2021. 

18 hours ago, David said:

I didn’t get to sleep until 5am ish. Sciatica is no joke. Worse than child birth. 

Been roughly getting 2hrs of sleep a night for the last week hence why I haven’t been on much. Didn’t want to take my sleep deprived grumpiness out on members for being nasty to my Wayne. 

Feel your pain after having suffered for several years in the past (too much driving,wearing heavy gear).

not much ever worked for me other than lots of walking through it but a good quality tens machine with separate low and high frequency controls was my very best friend during those periods.

Great post @David

Mental illness is, literally, a killer and there is sadly still a stigma around this, and a massive lack of understanding.  I've been there.  I know several who are there now and sadly I personally know of a couple of people who took their own lives as they felt it was their only choice.  

I posted in another thread recently that this forum has been great for me personally during what has been a tough year for my family and I.  I don't post much, but it's great to read everyone's banter and I find it very cathartic.

So if you or someone you know are struggling, seek help, even if just by talking to someone.  That first step alone, albeit often the hardest can literally save a life.

So, I bid you all the very best for Christmas and my hopes for a much better New Year. Thanks to everyone who runs this forum so well, and to all of you who contribute.  

Merry Christmas ? 

Being someone who also looks at other fans forums our one is right up there with the best! Congratulations and Merry Christmas to our moderators, to our contributors who always (well nearly always) submit very interesting, thoughtful and emotive input and to our loyal fans. 2020 will be looked at mostly with sadness (lost friends/fans);frustration (results/takeover etc.) and some trepidations for our future. It will get better, keep the faith. We will see a better year in 2021. Stay safe everyone and i look forward to shouting my lungs out when it is safe to be back at PP.COYR

Archived