v Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Sure it wasn't the opposite?

I.e. not changing the system  at all regardless of who we were playing. pass pass pass pass pass and going absolutely nowhere with it.

No I'm fairly sure he was criticised for personal.....

Plus it's not like Rooney is showing grand tactical flexibility by picking a 4231 again and send out the most defensive players he thinks he has.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davies for Wisdom makes sense for me. Yes we may drop deeper due to it bit Millwall will pump balls into the box to Smith, id much rather Davies be challenging him in the air over Wisdom

Forsyth for Buchanan, similar to the above that extra height away to millwall makes sense again to me

Shinnie for Bird, we need someone in the middle to break play up and be up for the battle, I think Shinnie gives us that more than Bird

Jozwiak for Lawrence, Lawrence been poor recently so due a rest/to be dropped. Yes I get the calls for them both but recently Holmes at RM has done more than Lawrence so for me would be the wrong signal sent if Holmes got dropped before Lawrence

Hopefully with Shinnie in there it free's Bielik up abit. We need Knights energy of CKR, lets finally see Jozwiak playing off a target man and for me both CKR & Holmes have linked quite well. That front 4 with Fozzy & Byrne on the overlap can cause Millwall problems. Then we have Sibley Lawrence Ibe Waggy Stretton on the bench as attacking options later in the game

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

No I'm fairly sure he was criticised for personal.....

Plus it's not like Rooney is showing grand tactical flexibility by picking a 4231 again and send out the most defensive players he thinks he has.

I'm arguing for playing styles in a debate about first XI selextion aren't I?

I'll close the door on my way out.☺

12 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

It's very much a don't lose team. I don't see it creating much against a solid team like Millwall and honestly they have fairly easy route to attack with balls into Matt Smith drifting between Byrne and Davies.

Everyone knows what Millwall will do so we have to stifle the aerial bombardment at source. Which means defending from the front hence no Lawrence. 

We have Marshall in goal who is better on the aerial ball that Roos and along with Clarke and Davies need to keep Smith well shackled, They know what coming but can they keep them out.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

We need to win the ball first and there are two of our goal scorers this season in there ( not saying much I know) 

Thing is Millwall will give us plenty of the ball, it's how Rowett teams play. What we need is to keep it, not give it away cheaply and have creativity in their. 

1 minute ago, 24Charlie said:

Everyone knows what Millwall will do so we have to stifle the aerial bombardment at source. Which means defending from the front hence no Lawrence. 

We have Marshall in goal who is better on the aerial ball that Roos and along with Clarke and Davies need to keep Smith well shackled, They know what coming but can they keep them out.

Hopefully we give less free kicks away as well 

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Thing is Millwall will give us plenty of the ball, it's how Rowett teams play. What we need is to keep it, not give it away cheaply and have creativity in their. 

I don’t disagree but I haven’t seen a will hughes type playing for us recently - whilst we need 3 points today a point away is never bad

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Paul Jewell was manager the last time I looked forward to a game less.

Interesting viewpoint - for me it’s Phil Brown and Pearson ( how Pearson got so many decent players into the wrong positions still amazes me) 

6 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

It's that time again!

That time when I promise myself I'm going to save a tenner and do something more enjoyable with my afternoon...like stick pins in my eyes. 

That time when I immediately fold, go on the website and pay a tenner to watch the game. 

COYR!

Same.

Wasn't going to bother at 13:00, bought the stream at 14:30

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Interesting viewpoint - for me it’s Phil Brown and Pearson ( how Pearson got so many decent players into the wrong positions still amazes me) 

Pearson wasn't around long enough for me to lose interest. We're almost half way through this season lol 

Archived