v Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just know we'll get one of those refs who allows Millwall to get away with all sorts of niggly poo, cynical fouls, holding, shirt pulling, barging into the back of players etc, but gives us nothing, blows up for a few kick every time one of their players goes down, books our players for their first foul of the match and just generally just play into Rowett's hands.

..and I genuinely think there is an unfair advantage now in favour of teams with fans allowed back in; it should have been every club or no club.

Combine that with a ref who's influenced by a crowd and you've got a big loss here.

We'll probably even see CKR attempt to give some physicality back to them and be sent off for violent conduct & miss the next three games, leaving us yet again without a CF.

27 minutes ago, Coconut said:

You just know we'll get one of those refs who allows Millwall to get away with all sorts of niggly poo, cynical fouls, holding, shirt pulling, barging into the back of players etc, but gives us nothing, blows up for a few kick every time one of their players goes down, books our players for their first foul of the match and just generally just play into Rowett's hands.

..and I genuinely think there is an unfair advantage now in favour of teams with fans allowed back in; it should have been every club or no club.

Combine that with a ref who's influenced by a crowd and you've got a big loss here.

We'll probably even see CKR attempt to give some physicality back to them and be sent off for violent conduct & miss the next three games, leaving us yet again without a CF.

There is a advantage - it will be interesting to see which games the TV companies choose to put on TV after the  allotted games are played - I bet it will be games in front of crowds if they get the chance

55 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Hopefully the ref might go the other way and be more lenient to us just to prove he's not influenced my the crowd. Doubt it though.

Not sure what to make of the team. Can see why Davies and Forsyth are in but add Shinnie to the mix it’s almost like we’re diluting our attacking quality to try and keep it tight. How we’ve played this season I can see why. But it asks the question why we can’t field an attacking team in the knowledge they’ll all give 100% and not compromise on their performance in the final third?

Archived