v Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Davies is better than anything else we've got, all the rest are absolutely rubbish at the basics of defending like positioning especially Wisdom who has been horrible this season. 

Davies means defending deep. Given that he's been beaten by every big striker we've come across this season and that dropping deep against a big striker is a bad plan in general..... this feels like a mistake.

Bielik as a centre back is a joke, every time he has played there its like he's been playing in Clown Shoes, I think apart from Forsyth which is questionable it looks about right defence wise Buchanan can feel abit hard done by but Forsyth provides more physicality and experience even though he is slow. 

10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am not sure why it has to be Jozwiak or Lawrence.

Why not play both, instead of playing Knight or Holmes out of position?

Without Sibley and Lawrence, we are going to be very reliant on Jozwiak and possibly Knight to open them up.

Appreciate that we are trying to be solid and hard to beat, but feels like again we have overdone it.

But in fairness, if it ends up 0-0 or 0-1 Derby, Rooney’s claim for the job will be gathering speed.

It's very much a don't lose team. I don't see it creating much against a solid team like Millwall and honestly they have fairly easy route to attack with balls into Matt Smith drifting between Byrne and Davies.

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What an utterly dreadful team selection, we look like we’re going to try to out poohouse the poohouse...

Buchanan was one of our best players the other night, and has been quality all season, why on Earth would you drop him for Forsyth who’s had about 1 good game in the last year?! Bird was quality the other night too, and looked to be building a good partnership with Bielik, why break that up? Wisdom was the better of the two centre backs the other night as well, Clarke is very fortunate that it isn’t him who’s been dropped for Davies, seems harsh on Andre. Even the much maligned Lawrence remains our biggest goal threat from wide areas, and is harshly dropped imo, much as I dislike him. Leaves us with either Holmes or Knight out of position on the right as well, neither on whom were effective enough against Coventry. 

Any team without Lawrence and Wisdom is good for me.

9 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Davies means defending deep. Given that he's been beaten by every big striker we've come across this season and that dropping deep against a big striker is a bad plan in general..... this feels like a mistake.

If he positions himself right with the right cover we would be fine. Although the fact Forsyth is playing left back means we will probably end up parking the bus, if we'd gone for Buchanan with him defending quite narrow it would be spot on. Forsyth I'm not convinced with. We will have to see, but all of our options are rubbish in some way or the other, we are crying out for a top centre back and a creative CF type to rotate with Kazim then I'd get rid of Waghorn, and Lawrence to who ever will take them off the wage bill because they aren't doing enough for their price tag and money they will be on. 

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

If he positions himself right with the right cover we would be fine. Although the fact Forsyth is playing left back means we will probably end up parking the bus, if we'd gone for Buchanan with him defending quite narrow it would be spot on. Forsyth I'm not convinced with. We will have to see, but all of our options are rubbish in some way or the other, we are crying out for a top centre back and a creative CF type to rotate with Kazim then I'd get rid of Waghorn, and Waghorn to who ever will take them off the wage bill because they aren't doing enough for their price tag and money they will be on. 

But if you look back this season this hasn't been the case at all, prime example being the QPR goal. To be honest at this point it feels fairly easily exploitable.

9 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I understand the thinking behind Fozzy and Davies being included but I'd much prefer us not to tinker with the back four. Imho that was part of Cocus undoing. Never really had a settled back four and it was to our detriment. 

If none are good enough bar possibly the fullbacks you can't blame them, player issue rather than management issue to me. 

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What an utterly dreadful team selection, we look like we’re going to try to out poohouse the poohouse...

Buchanan was one of our best players the other night, and has been quality all season, why on Earth would you drop him for Forsyth who’s had about 1 good game in the last year?! Bird was quality the other night too, and looked to be building a good partnership with Bielik, why break that up? Wisdom was the better of the two centre backs the other night as well, Clarke is very fortunate that it isn’t him who’s been dropped for Davies, seems harsh on Andre. Even the much maligned Lawrence remains our biggest goal threat from wide areas, and is harshly dropped imo, much as I dislike him. Leaves us with either Holmes or Knight out of position on the right as well, neither on whom were effective enough against Coventry. 

It does beg the question of whether cocu s later tinkering and style departure were influenced from certain quarters 

Archived