3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Defence first again ?

Marshall

Byrne   Davies   Clarke   Forsyth

Bielik   Shinnie

Holmes   Knight   Jozwiak

Kazim

Really strong bench and it's nice to see Ibe in the squad

I'm fairly happy with that. Just want Rooney to make subs a little earlier as we have 5 available. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Coconut said:

You just know we'll get one of those refs who allows Millwall to get away with all sorts of niggly poo, cynical fouls, holding, shirt pulling, barging into the back of players etc, but gives us nothing, blows up for a few kick every time one of their players goes down, books our players for their first foul of the match and just generally just play into Rowett's hands.

..and I genuinely think there is an unfair advantage now in favour of teams with fans allowed back in; it should have been every club or no club.

Combine that with a ref who's influenced by a crowd and you've got a big loss here.

We'll probably even see CKR attempt to give some physicality back to them and be sent off for violent conduct & miss the next three games, leaving us yet again without a CF.

Good to know your feeling positive ??

Normally concerned by defensive changes, but against a side like Millwall, bringing in Davies and Forsyth makes a lot of sense.

Not sure I would have dropped Bird. I really like the partnership of him and Bielik. Maybe bringing in Shinnie will take some of the defensive responsibility off Bielik and allow him to open up his passing game. We'll see.

Biggest concern is who is playing wide right out of Holmes and Knight. Neither and very good at it. Unlike everyone else, I wouldn't have dropped Lawrence and would rather have him on the flank  than those two.

Looking forward to watching CKR give Millwall a taste of their own medicine, too. 

Bielik and Jozwiak starting together ?. I hope they link up well, I’m expecting Bielik to be looking for that pass quite often.

Also good bench with strong options to chase or press on if needed. Possibly our most attacking squad this season.

Millwall 0-7 Derby.

This looks like an attacking team to me. Forsyth can get forward as much as anyone. Bird for Shinnie does not make this side any less attacking in my opinion.

We’ll see a lot of the ball. Rowett allows that. We need to keep tight and react to the turnovers quickly as that’s were they’ll look to get at us. But we have plenty of willing runners for Beilik to pick out. We just need to keep moving them about and exploit the gaps as they appear.

Relatively pleased with that line-up, and considering the opposition the changes make a lot of sense - maybe Wazza is more logical than he appears.

Would be nice to get a glimpse of Ibe today.  He’ll probably be brought on in the 88th minute when we’re 1-0 down. That’s probably being optimistic though.

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Defence first again ?

Marshall

Byrne   Davies   Clarke   Forsyth

Bielik   Shinnie

Holmes   Knight   Jozwiak

Kazim

Really strong bench and it's nice to see Ibe in the squad

Feels like we are picking names out of a hat at this point. 

I foresee a 1-0, 2-1 loss where after a bright start we drop deep before Matt Smith scores a couple headers picking a position between Byrne and Davies. It feels extremely predictable at this point, I'd bet diamonds that this plays out in a similar fashion to Wycombe but Millwall are a better side and will exploit it more.

I just don't get the logic in trying to play Millwall at their own game or bringing Shinnie back into a midfield that Millwall won't play through or not changing around the players around either formation wise and personel wise to get more goals in the team.

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Normally concerned by defensive changes, but against a side like Millwall, bringing in Davies and Forsyth makes a lot of sense.

Not sure I would have dropped Bird. I really like the partnership of him and Bielik. Maybe bringing in Shinnie will take some of the defensive responsibility off Bielik and allow him to open up his passing game. We'll see.

Biggest concern is who is playing wide right out of Holmes and Knight. Neither and very good at it. Unlike everyone else, I wouldn't have dropped Lawrence and would rather have him on the flank  than those two.

Looking forward to watching CKR give Millwall a taste of their own medicine, too. 

Both Knight and Holmes offer better protection for Byrne.

The side looks physically stronger. Still worry about Matt Smith.

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think Shinnie for Bird is the right call for a game like today, and like you say it may free Bielik up abit more.

Id imagine Holmes will be on the right like the last couple of games. Im general Lawrence would be preferred but based on the last couple of games Holmes has done more to earn the start over Lawrence imo.

9 minutes ago, roboto said:

Bielik and Jozwiak starting together ?. I hope they link up well, I’m expecting Bielik to be looking for that pass quite often.

Also good bench with strong options to chase or press on if needed. Possibly our most attacking squad this season.

Millwall 0-7 Derby.

Get a £100 on that result as you could buy the club with the winnings 

Archived