Lowest Point Since 2008?

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel worse than the 11 point season at the minute to be honest with you. During that season I could see we were severely outmatched in terms of player quality during every game and so it wasn't quite as frustrating. This team has all the quality to be pushing for the play offs at the very least but poor management, poor decisions by Mel and just downright disgraceful levels of performance from the players is hard to watch. 

Yes, by far the worst time supporting in my time being a fan and tbh although I wasn't watching in 2007 atleast then we were at a higher level and expected to be poor.

Time for banker Mel to duck off before it gets more ugly, sick of his inept leadership he's an actual clown. The players are basically an embarrassment to the local area apart from the youth and Marshall, time to sort things out because this club is an absolute embarrassment. People were laughing when I said in October we could be relegated well I don't think they are ducking laughing now, it's really painful at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I feel worse than the 11 point season at the minute to be honest with you. During that season I could see we were severely outmatched in terms of player quality during every game and so it wasn't quite as frustrating. This team has all the quality to be pushing for the play offs at the very least but poor management, poor decisions by Mel and just downright disgraceful levels of performance from the players is hard to watch. 

If that's the case, this is the lowest point since ... when?

Brown? The early 80s?

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I am not convinced this squad is as good as some make out...

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Do you think this is the worst state the club has been in since the 11-point season? Has the mood ever been lower?

I'm struggling to think of anything that matches what we're seeing currently.

It was pretty poor after we lost to Crawley in the cup under Clough. We were awesome at the start of that season - Bueno, Cywka, Kommons interchanging with Kuqi as the lynchpin. 4-2-3-1 was just coming into fashion after the World Cup as well, so it was very much the early 2010s version of hipster football. 

It’s always the hope that kills you. We then took winter as an invitation to play 11 men on the goal line and to rest all the creative players and let Kuqi go. It was almost as if we tried to throw away the season, and we didn’t win for nearly 20 games. That defeat to then-Non-league Crawley really put the icing on the cake to the most spectacular crash after a beautiful false dawn. That was actually a personal low for me.

07/08 was so terrible, it was almost entertaining. Like watching Sharknado.

This is pretty much as bad as I can remember it. And we can’t even get together and boo about it.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If that's the case, this is the lowest point since ... when?

Brown? The early 80s?

I’m a little too young to really remember Brown, but I can remember the vitriol directed at him. And also the fact that I’d try to memorise entire squad using the previous match programme, and then by the time I went to the next match, it seemed half the team had changed again. The new players were even worse.

Waking up to finding out Raziak had gone was my first football heartbreak.

It sure feels like it tonight. Hopefully might feel different tomorrow.

I just keep asking myself “Would you buy into this shambles of a football club if you had the money” ? I don’t think I would you know, too much crap to deal with even before you get to dealing with the playing personnel. 

Something is inherently amiss there doesn’t appear to be any unity and that’s a basic, if you ain’t got that you ain’t got a chance. 

Definitely. I certainly can’t remember it being any worse. There’s never been this lack of hope.

To be honest, it’s arguably worse than it was under Jewell. At least back then we all knew we were just crap. This time around we’ve got players who should be better, but simply don’t have the desire to perform. They don’t care enough. And that’s not even it mention how much of a shambles we are off the pitch. I mean wtf is all this committee poo about?! Rooney and Rosenior make Paul Jewell look like Jurgen Klopp.

I don't think it's just this individual moment.

Since September last year, nearly everything at this club has been awful. A brief upturn in new year, and then after the league resumed aside, we've had nothing at all positive here. I think that's why so many are doubting the takeover. It's almost "too good to be true" - a possible way out of the rut we've been in for around 14 months that we are in desperate need for.

Combine this with the current state of the world and the year we've suffered in general life just heaps to the misery. It's really exhausting not having anything to look forward to.

We only have two hopes. Either we appoint a seasoned manager as of tomorrow morning and we may just survive. Or we take a hard look at ourselves, go down, get rid of Rooney and start planning properly and being smarter in the transfer market. Personally I think we’re down. 

31 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Do you think this is the worst state the club has been in since the 11-point season? Has the mood ever been lower?

I'm struggling to think of anything that matches what we're experiencing currently.

That was just a laugh, you can compare it to the 3 Amigos this.....

6 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I just keep asking myself “Would you buy into this shambles of a football club if you had the money” ? I don’t think I would you know, too much crap to deal with even before you get to dealing with the playing personnel. 

If I were the prospective new owner (and not a fan of the club), I’d just wait until the end of the season now. If we stay up then the price will be the same as it was a few weeks back, and if we go down it will be a hell of a lot cheaper.

25 minutes ago, Duracell said:

It was pretty poor after we lost to Crawley in the cup under Clough. We were awesome at the start of that season - Bueno, Cywka, Kommons interchanging with Kuqi as the lynchpin. 4-2-3-1 was just coming into fashion after the World Cup as well, so it was very much the early 2010s version of hipster football. 

It’s always the hope that kills you. We then took winter as an invitation to play 11 men on the goal line and to rest all the creative players and let Kuqi go. It was almost as if we tried to throw away the season, and we didn’t win for nearly 20 games. That defeat to then-Non-league Crawley really put the icing on the cake to the most spectacular crash after a beautiful false dawn. That was actually a personal low for me.

This is pretty much as bad as I can remember it. And we can’t even get together and boo about it.

That Crawley game I remember we had a great player in Bueno - sitting on the bench whilst Ben Pringle started.

Thats what did for me with Nigel Clough..... but one thing I’d say if he was in charge now, he’d have 11 players fighting tooth and nail on that football pitch. There’s none of that now. At least go down fighting 

48 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Big, big fan of the Sharknado reference. There was almost something warming about that 07/08 season. Yes we were absolutely awful but the fans weren't divided, there was proper unity. And at least we could have a bit of a laugh (at the football).

Bang on with the second half of 10/11. All started from when he threw Luke Moore into the team, only made worse by Clough's complete lack of respect and essentially bullying of his squad in the media.

But this right now is worse, you're right. I don't believe it would be this bad if supporters were in the stadium, particularly at home. But the fact we've not learnt to play without a fanbase and almost half-arsed matches is a disgrace.

It's far lower than that

This is the lowest ebb of Derby County, literally, in my lifetime.

Born in 1986 while we were in the third tier, but that was a promotion season back to this level, we were moving upwards whereas now...

Obviously its not the lowest for a lot of other posters, but for me it absolutely is.

We're at a 34/35 year low. Wow.

Just now, Coconut said:

It's far lower than that

This is the lowest ebb of Derby County, literally, in my lifetime.

Born in 1986 while we were in the third tier, but that was a promotion season back to this level.

Obviously its not the lowest for a lot of other posters, but for me it absolutely is.

My first ever season following the Rams was the one when we were relegated from the second tier to the third.

The way things are heading we need to find our new Arthur Cox!

Archived