Lowest Point Since 2008?

DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

I feel worse than the 11 point season at the minute to be honest with you. During that season I could see we were severely outmatched in terms of player quality during every game and so it wasn't quite as frustrating. This team has all the quality to be pushing for the play offs at the very least but poor management, poor decisions by Mel and just downright disgraceful levels of performance from the players is hard to watch. 

Sorry Cam I have to disagree.  On paper we should be pushing top 6 in reality we are poo. Very poor quality and leadership 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not the worst team in terms of ability in my lifetime. That goes to the 03/04 team.  But it had far more heart desire and backbone than this one. The experienced pros (Johnno and Taylor) got us through to the signings of Osman and Pesch as without those we would have gone down. We lost to Stoke in January and that was my lowest point. We were in the bottom three and I could see no way out. 

We don’t win the next two games, I really can’t see us getting out of it. Tough brutal decisions need to be made now before it’s too late. This committee in charge will not get us a single point.

There's nothing worse than underachieving. Many bad seasons we've had in the last 20 seasons we've been able to accept because the squad has been pretty poor to start with. This is easily a top 10 squad who should be challenging. We are nowhere near it. We can't shoot, cant pass, cant defend. Zero effort. Zero discipline. Management are a joke and have zero direction on how they want to set a team to play.

Our co manager tries to play in 3 positions, this isn't Sunday morning pub football for duck sake. Rooney was appalling tonight. He either needs to focus as a player or the decision needs to be made that he will be a manager. I have zero confidence in rookie managers dragging us out of a mess. Rosenior got it all wrong with the ridiculous defensive decisions when we were one nil down. I echo what Eric said on radio Derby after the game. Why the hell, if you wanted Kazim to change the game, not bring him on at half time.

This nonsense committee is a complete joke. We're not meant to be a miners welfare sitting around coming up with random ideas! McClaren needs to take this job and use his experience to yet again pull the team away from the inevitable relegation battle. If we dont pick up any points in the next 2 games then we have to seriously consider planning for league one next season. That's not doom and gloom, it's a reality check.

Been going since 1988. This is the worst it’s been in my time. An absolute disgrace. No leadership throughout the whole club. What the hell has Morris done to this club. Shambles. All that crap that came out his mouth, Derby Way, made out he knew what he was talking about. Buffoon. Stick to Candy Crush. People compared him to Pickering?? Not even close. 

Managerless - Rooney - stick to noshing off Bradley Walsh at Soccer Aid. Rosenior, rabbit in headlights. Bird at centre back?? Clueless.

Sqaud: No leaders, full of sheep. No forwards. How can a club of Derby’s stature not have a decent centre forward at the club. 

Phil Brown era, 11 points, 3 amigos. Nothing compared to this. 5 goals all season. Wow. Sums up 2020. This needs sorting now. I won’t hold my breath,  the clowns in charge don’t have a clue what they’re doing. 

Until now worst season I experienced was 83/84 under Peter Taylor. There are a lot of parallels as well. A club in turmoil. Although back then we were in and out of the High Court, we had winding-up petitions, takeovers rumoured, takeovers confirmed and takeovers falling through. Rescue packages from the City Council being discussed. A manager who had lost the plot and dire performances on the pitch.

A lot of contributors on this forum liken it to the Phil Brown era and the ‘Three Amigo’s’ and others to the Paul Jewell’s reign. 

But this is worse than all three. At least back then we used to score the odd goal and even win occasionally. But now we are in a state of inertia with no end in sight until the takeover either goes through or falls through. It’s like being in Groundhog Day. We have a committee of clowns in charge of the first team who are way out of their depth - and it shows. You can’t see where the next clear-cut goal scoring chance is coming from let alone the next goal. And there is no end in site. And we still have the spectra of the EFL appeal hanging over us. And the way our season is going would not bet on that going our way. And if we get a points deduction it’s season over.

If anyone is under any illusion just how serious this situation is for the club just have a look at the history books from back then and if there are any elements of the current situation that are better than back in that desperate season back in 83/84 - at least at this stage of the season - then I’m all ears. And I can do with cheering up.

I’m normally a glass half-full type of person when it comes to my beloved Rams. But at the moment the glass is not only half empty but it’s been dropped on the floor, shattered into pieces and I’ve lost my bloody super glue.

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

I think 23pts is the lowest a Championship team has been relegated with?

The way things are heading we're in danger of having 2 unwanted records...

Look on the bright side - we could go for the hat-trick next year!

When you have seen the likes of Brian Attley , John Mcalle , Bobby Campbell pull on a Rams shirt then this isnt quite so bad , i still feel a win that will instill a bit of confidence in the lads and hopefully stop the rot could see us put a run together , but where that wins coming from i aint got a clue , get a manager in ASAP , drop Rooney and the underachievers and lets start getting this club we all love back on its feet again COYR

It's hovering around the 03-04 season, threat of going bust then the 3 amiegos take over, Burley working minor miricles with slap dash loans to get us out of the regegation zone where we spent most of the season, only good thing that happened that season was the Kenco cup.

For me, that was a case of starting to pay attention to football and Derby County and it being a case of "stave off relegation (just), relegation, stave off relegation (just), now fighting against relegation (again) - although it was a good period of learning just what being a Derby fan for the next twenty years was mostly going to be like.

07/08 became a sort of revelling in it, lets pretend we've scored a goal, the whole football world knew we were an bang avage side from the league below and had no chance, so as fans we had a lot of good will towards us and sympothy. I think the season after until we finally pumped Jewell out the club was worse, more toxic, more negetive.

This time, we've got lots of people thinking we're getting our just deserts for all Mel's rabbit in a hat tricks regarding spending money, the 32Rooney deal etc. on top us being so bad.

On 25/11/2020 at 22:04, DRS94 said:

I think our 2008 side pastes this side, went to every home game that season and don’t remember the performances being as spineless as some this season 

First half of that season, absolutly. After Jewell had been with them a little while, not so much. Probably narrowly beat our current side.

Archived