EFL appeal

Sith Happens

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

You are absolutely right, @EdinRam - it is a shambles. It has been a shambles behind the scenes for a number of years, and that has played out fully on the pitch this season.

It's one of the main reasons why I, and many others on here, are hoping for a fresh start come the start of the next season.

So many people don't want to know though. It's all a huge conspiracy against us. We've spent tomorrow yesterday, had to perform financial acrobatics to get around it and now we're being held accountable and we just don't like it.

Back in 2014 we were a team almost everyone liked and respected, now we are reviled and neutrals wanted us to crash and burn. But that's all Steve Gibson's fault or something.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Rev said:

Add to that paying a players mother for scouting services.

Extending players contracts for another season, only to release them a month later.

Unfairly dismissing members of staff, launching a civil case against the ex CEO, relishing a day in court only to quietly settle later.

Telling fans the we were close enough to FFP limits that stadium food sales could make a difference, whilst knowing you've already cleared those hurdles by selling the stadium to the owner.

Can't deny the other stuff in there, but the effective one-month contract extensions were done for a reason. Yeah, it was probably due to earlier financial mismanagement, but I assume the extensions were a cute accounting practice rather than "we're going to sign this bloke on for a year and then change our minds a month later".

I'm not denying the fact that it shouldn't have come to that, but those extensions aren't of the same gravity as the other issues.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Can't deny the other stuff in there, but the effective one-month contract extensions were done for a reason. Yeah, it was probably due to earlier financial mismanagement, but I assume the extensions were a cute accounting practice rather than "we're going to sign this bloke on for a year and then change our minds a month later".

Yeah. It was absolutely to change which financial year the remainder of the players value was amortized away in.

22 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Could I ask how you find the quality of Ryan Conway's articles then?

He uses a lot worse language than the term "basket case" on a regular basis and seems to be heralded as the best thing since sliced bread by many on here.

I have no problem with a journalist saying it as it is - be it positive or negative!

And I have to say, I think far, far too many in the media this season, from newspapers to The Athletic to local media, have given Wayne Rooney a way too easy a ride!

Well I guess we'll just have to disagree then. I'm not interested in any journalist who thinks it's within his remit to spew out pejoratives as much as it is to report the facts. I resent the insinuation too that you are somehow more aware of the issues at the club than I or others are too, to be quite frank.

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well I guess we'll just have to disagree then. I'm not interested in any journalist who thinks it's within his remit to spew out pejoratives as much as it is to report the facts. I resent the insinuation too that you are somehow more aware of the issues at the club than I or others are too, to be quite frank.

I would be interested to hear which journalists/publications you are interested in, as I'm not sure there are any do not blend their own personal opinion with facts (thus why I brought up Ryan Conway).

As for accusing me for insinuating that I am "somehow more aware of the issues at the club than I or others are" - you will have to enlighten me on that one because I have absolutely no idea how you have gleamed that from my response to you.

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

As for accusing me for insinuating that I am "somehow more aware of the issues at the club than I or others are" - you will have to enlighten me on that one because I have absolutely no idea how you have gleamed that from my response to you.

Probably all the comments about folk needing to pull their heads out of the sand and how deeply buried some some have them. Pretty sure most of us are aware there are issues. You crack on though son. The floor is yours. 

30 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

In the days post-Saturday, I find myself seeing more and more why Nick -  @therams69 - was urging us to pull our heads out of the sand.

Some are very firmly buried.

Can you change it? Of course not, so why beat yourself up about it?

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif.19d1626113c480d9dc9a5d9c0c59e3ec.gif

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Probably all the comments about folk needing to pull their heads out of the sand and deeply buried some some have them. Pretty sure most of us are aware there are issues. You crack on though son. The floor is yours. 

fight me bruce lee GIF

FIGHT!!!

Come on chaps. I think you're both just coming at the same thing from a different angle. It's post season wind down time. ?

Even if the EFL appeal returns the same result as before, we're not going to be magically healed as a club.

It's still going to be a long road out of the dark place we've been in, and it appears our shepard is likely to be Erik "Fawaz in disguise" Alonso or a consortium involving Sam "fiduciary duty" Rush...

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's still going to be a long road out of the dark place we've been in, and it appears our shepard is likely to be Erik "Fawaz in disguise" Alonso or a consortium involving Sam "fiduciary duty" Rush...

Ooooh someone do a poll! ?

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Probably all the comments about folk needing to pull their heads out of the sand and deeply buried some some have them. Pretty sure most of us are aware there are issues. You crack on though son. The floor is yours. 

"Crack on though son, the floor is yours"

Clearly touched a nerve with you somewhere this morning. Perhaps you thought this was aimed at you. Or perhaps you just don't like sand.

I'll say it again though, seeing as you've given me the floor: some posters on here absolutely do have their heads in the sand when it comes to the reality of Rooney and Mel, and indeed the nature of our survival in this division. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

fight me bruce lee GIF

FIGHT!!!

Come on chaps. I think you're both just coming at the same thing from a different angle. It's post season wind down time. ?

Nah, think I need a time out from all this sackcloth and ashes nonsense. Been a tough enough season already.

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Can you change it? Of course not, so why beat yourself up about it?

A fair point, but I think you have to have reached some level of enlightenment to be able to not worry about things you can't change.

I worry about loads of stuff I can't change, Derby County being one!

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

"Crack on though son, the floor is yours"

Clearly touched a nerve with you somewhere this morning. Perhaps you thought this was aimed at you. Or perhaps you just don't like sand.

I'll say it again though, seeing as you've given me the floor: some posters on here absolutely do have their heads in the sand when it comes to the reality of Rooney and Mel, and indeed the nature of our survival in this division. 

Patronise me all you like mate. Water off a duck's arse.

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Nah, think I need a time out from all this sackcloth and ashes nonsense. Been a tough enough season already.

Well surely we can all agree on that! But with hindsight I quite enjoyed the final match! ?

37 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Yeah, it was probably due to earlier financial mismanagement, but I assume the extensions were a cute accounting practice rather than "we're going to sign this bloke on for a year and then change our minds a month later".

That's the point though. It was a spivvy financial deal, purely to push any loss incurred into a different accounting period.

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Even if the EFL appeal returns the same result as before, we're not going to be magically healed as a club.

I'd take Fawaz all day, every day and twice on Sunday over Erik Alonso. Make it happen. 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

"The sanction is still to be determined, but we are told that anything from a fine to a points deduction is possible, and that could be applied to the current season or the next campaign.

We are told that Derby - owned by Mel Morris - did not follow accepted practice by including the depreciation of player assets in their accounts. Sources say that removed losses in excess of £30million over a three-year period."

Archived