"Serious question: who pays him off"?

RoyMac5

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It’s a bit of a feeding frenzy on here.

not sure cocu deserves that. 

The same Cocu who took a voluntary wage reduction earlier this season, and also donated a hefty chunk to local charities? 

I don't think he deserves it either.

4 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

The same Cocu who took a voluntary wage reduction earlier this season, and also donated a hefty chunk to local charities? 

I don't think he deserves it either.

yeah, he's a nice guy. maybe too nice.

but as jose mourinho said "nice guys, they never win"

5 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

If Cocu does the right thing and resigns, then we don’t pay him off (I think that’s correct anyway)!

Hence, don’t let’s hold all of our collective breaths for the much warranted resignation ??

“Money talks and then Phil walks”

In what world is him resigning the right thing for him to do? If I was sat on the kind of deal where I get a monster pay off if I get sacked there is a 0% chance I will resign. Why should I expect different from anyone else? 

2 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

yeah, he's a nice guy. maybe too nice.

but as jose mourinho said "nice guys, they never win"

True that, but it doesn't mean we have to be nasty cnuts in our response, to also quote Jose.

2 hours ago, Elgin_Ram said:

Looks like I’m the only one on Philip Cocu’s bench. The man has endured so much crap, he deserves some decency and respect. I’m Derby through and through, over 50 years. Everyone is entitled to their views, but we need to be respectful. 

Just so we're on the same page what exactly is all of this crap that he's had to endure? 

I agree about treating people with respect by the way, I just take exception when people start trotting out that Cocu is our unluckiest manager. 

We're not bottom of the league as Cocu is unlucky let's be clear about that. And he has conducted himself professionally but I would expect that as standard for a football manager nowadays so don't expect accolades to be showered on him for what is a pre requisite for managing a football club. Frank Lampard take note after his Klopp outburst.

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

In what world is him resigning the right thing for him to do? If I was sat on the kind of deal where I get a monster pay off if I get sacked there is a 0% chance I will resign. Why should I expect different from anyone else? 

Isn’t that exactly the point I am making?!?!?

The liability is to the club because he is employed by the club not by Mel. 

This is why I don’t understand keeping him on - there’s no way on Earth a new owner will keep the gaffer responsible for us winning once in about 20 matches. Why not put him on gardening leave and get Wassall to take the reigns until the sale is complete and the new bloke has his guy? 

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

The liability is to the club because he is employed by the club not by Mel. 

This is why I don’t understand keeping him on - there’s no way on Earth a new owner will keep the gaffer responsible for us winning once in about 20 matches. Why not put him on gardening leave and get Wassall to take the reigns until the sale is complete and the new bloke has his guy? 

Exactly this, but part of me thinks that this might have already happened? 

3 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Exactly this, but part of me thinks that this might have already happened? 

I would have done it before the two very winnable home games we’ve just lost because it was clear before the two home games it just isn’t working out. Therefore why give the chance to win two home games to give a stay of execution. 

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just so we're on the same page what exactly is all of this crap that he's had to endure? 

I agree about treating people with respect by the way, I just take exception when people start trotting out that Cocu is our unluckiest manager. 

We're not bottom of the league as Cocu is unlucky let's be clear about that. And he has conducted himself professionally but I would expect that as standard for a football manager nowadays so don't expect accolades to be showered on him for what is a pre requisite for managing a football club. Frank Lampard take note after his Klopp outburst.

People calling him duck W**, and a ?

Not required and shows utter lack of intelligence and class by some posters. 

The ultimate answer is Mel. Anyone buying a company will look at the value of the contracts and put the poor quality ones in the liability column when discussing the price. It’s not just Cocu, the back room staff will need paying off. Along with the scouting and recruitment teams. All of which will cost ££££ 

7 hours ago, Elgin_Ram said:

Looks like I’m the only one on Philip Cocu’s bench. The man has endured so much crap, he deserves some decency and respect. I’m Derby through and through, over 50 years. Everyone is entitled to their views, but we need to be respectful. 

My bet is he is pissed that mel sold him a long term project then proceeds to search for buyers to sell the club to??‍♂️

Archived