"Serious question: who pays him off"?

RoyMac5

9 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Because he has a contract, and that's how it works.

Yes, I understand that but if it was me buying the club I’d be saying to Mel “sort the manager situation out, I’m not paying him off, you negotiated the contract, you terminate it or the deal’s off”

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RamNut said:

It’s a bit of a feeding frenzy on here.

not sure cocu deserves that. 

10 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

The same Cocu who took a voluntary wage reduction earlier this season, and also donated a hefty chunk to local charities? 

I don't think he deserves it either.

9 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

True that, but it doesn't mean we have to be nasty cnuts in our response, to also quote Jose.

9 hours ago, BondJovi said:

The whole affair saddens me. I would hope we could all be grown ups.

Could not agree more. ?

Whatever is in PCs contract is not necessarily what he'll end up with, Sacking someone in todays world is not so simple, To many hoops to climb through, I wouldn't be surprised that a meeting has been called for with PCs representatives, All will sit down and hopefully come to an acceptable payoff for all, Whether this is down to MM or the new owners only time will tell.

I certainly wouldn't walk why would I, Honour is among thieves not football Managers, PC was given a 4 year contract...WOW!, A mistake imo MM or others will have to deal with.

In all my years 50+ watching DCFC there have been peaks and troughs, Lately those troughs seem to be getting deeper and we the fans may have hit the bottom who knows, We're looking up and wanting help, Someone who has Derby County at heart and not seen as a "chancer", I still can't get my head around our prospective new owner...Why?

Until the take over goes through nothing can happen either way. The club is being sold with accounts documented to the buyer, they cannot suddenly pay off a manager and coaching staff and the debt added to the books without the sale being set back to the start. Also, Morris cannot pay him off out of his own pocket, again the club is being sold with a manager in situ (one with a half impressive CV) and the same point applies. The new regime if it goes through will have to make some early decisions for sure. And hopefully quick ones.

9 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just so we're on the same page what exactly is all of this crap that he's had to endure? 

I agree about treating people with respect by the way, I just take exception when people start trotting out that Cocu is our unluckiest manager. 

We're not bottom of the league as Cocu is unlucky let's be clear about that. And he has conducted himself professionally but I would expect that as standard for a football manager nowadays so don't expect accolades to be showered on him for what is a pre requisite for managing a football club. Frank Lampard take note after his Klopp outburst.

We all followed the events of last year. I’m sure you will agree that anyone coming into a promising job and to be faced with all rubbish that followed, takes some beating. I think Philip Cocu has been fantastic dealing with all that. 

We are bottom of the league because we can’t cut the mustard. We deserve to be there. I watch the games. I see that we can play well and no end result, then there are times that I wonder what the hell is going wrong. We couldn’t score in a brothel. Doesn’t stop me from loving my team. The perfect scenario would to rise from the ashes and take the league by storm from being rock bottom. I’m not saying that we keep the manager or not. It’s obviously not working at the moment, but I would love Philip Cocu to do it. It does look more likely that it will not be happening that way.

As much as some of the football is bad, it can be worse on here. There’s just no need to belittle the manager, or his team with nasty comments or anyone on here for that matter.There are great posters on here, who argue from one side to the other. But each to their own and that’s what this is all about. We are all entitled to our view, whether we are right or wrong. At the end of the day we are on the same side. 

take care and stay safe

!!! Up the Rams !!!

5 hours ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Exactly this, but part of me thinks that this might have already happened? 

I didn't know Cocu frequented this forum so would have been oblivious to all of that. Not that I think it's correct by any stretch by the way. I thought the OP was alluding to something else which I wanted them to clarify.

5 hours ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

People calling him duck W**, and a ?

Not required and shows utter lack of intelligence and class by some posters. 

I didn't know Cocu frequented this forum so would have oblivious to all of that. Not that I agree with any of it for avoidance of doubt. I thought the OP was alluding to something else and wanted them to clarify. 

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I didn't know Cocu frequented this forum so would have oblivious to all of that. Not that I agree with any of it for avoidance of doubt. I thought the OP was alluding to something else and wanted them to clarify. 

I don't think whether he visits the forum or not makes any difference to people being discourteous to him or anyone else for that matter.

Archived