Cocu self-isolating

Carl Sagan

Reminder to only deal with the information we have currently been given. 

Baseless claims about anything else will be removed.

Hoping the rest of this thread will be discussing how the club is likely to operate given the news, and above all, to wish employees of the club we support well given they have just tested positive for a deadly virus.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The timing is bizarre, but nothing is unexpected on a run up to match day these days. I'm hoping that we do a "West Ham" and really spark into life with Phil being able to see how turgid the match looks on TV and being able to address it over the phone and some miracle happening.

However, the pessimistic side of me says this is a way to perhaps "Sheikh" things up before the international break and see how the squad perform without Cocu around. A dress rehearsal for the future?

51 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Hope Mel and Cocu ok, 

I think we all hope for that, but having seen the way Mel wore his mask on Wednesday evening what are the

chances that the meeting was held in a way to mitigate covid-19 risk? 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

If this is an insurmountable problem then we should all pack in now.

As other very astute posters have already commented David Moyes found a perfectly acceptable way of circumnavigating the same situation without any adverse effect on results.

Fed up of excuses now.

You mean we can find a way to lose without a manager? 

11 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

SO did he go and cough all over the EFL board whilst pitching the takeover?

Imagain the harm to football that could be prevented if the EFL executive all self isolate for 2 weeks?

2 years would be better.

12 hours ago, Mckram said:

They have 2 tests a week as routine. So they just carry on their usual activities between them. I’m assuming they had the tests 2 days ago and got the results today. 

Even the directors?

All these face to face breakfast meetings etc seem to have put people’s health at risk. 

5 hours ago, Spanish said:

We produce an energetic expansive game of football quite unlike anything seen from them for many games and the pro cocu gang will say, there you go I know he would get it right at some time, give him until January 

And they'd be right!  ?

4 hours ago, Donnyram said:

That’s just a ridiculous statement.............

everyone knows 2+2 = 32

Ask Albert- he’ll produce a polynomial to prove/disprove it either way (this one for readers of the coronavirus thread) ?

4 hours ago, Van Rammeister said:

Are you REALLY from/or living in Birmingham?

Civis Romanus sum!

Which means, born in London, moved to Staffordshire, Educated in Grammar School. Now a forty year resident in Sandwell (the Black Country).

(Never lived in Brum but both parents born there.)

Archived