Coronavirus - The Lockdown Thread

Sith Happens

15 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I'm just trying to work out which bits needed shaving that @reverendo de duivel couldn't reach himself? ?‍♀️

It's not being able to see, rather than reach. I went into the bathroom with hair between Cocu and Pirlo, and half hour later was more like Bill Bailey!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/11/2020 at 22:01, angieram said:

We were buying real ale take-out during the first lockdown. Really enjoyed it after being a lager-lout all my life but not really liking it bottled or canned.

Am rather gutted that takeaway beer isn't allowed this time. I'm an amateur compared to those who frequent the beer thread, but will definitely look to extend my repertoire this time.

Good news for you @angieram https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54803070 "Pub plans eased as takeaway beer sales now allowed"

I'm having to go into work just as I did for the last lockdown so nothing has changed for me. 

I go running and cycling as detest gyms so again no change there.

The pubs round where I am have only been under Tier 3 enforcement for the last week so having them closed is just about the same as going into one and only being able to have one pint with a meal.

Kind of boring, nothing really new for me. 

Looking forward to queuing outside a supermarket again to find out there's no bog roll when you get inside, happy days. 

6 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It's not being able to see, rather than reach. I went into the bathroom with hair between Cocu and Pirlo, and half hour later was more like Bill Bailey!

Are they the pet names you give your buttocks?

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Been to the loo four times already this morning, @David, 35 hours after my last drink. Only woke up at half 8.

Hangover my arse.

Edit: Just realised that’s ripe for a Hillsborough joke.

Second edit: Make that five.

2 day hangover, you must really have gone for it!

Nothing changing too much for us.

Just a continuation from March.

No gym so the lockdown weights are out,work the same,stopped drinking for Stoptober and carried on.

No issue with hospitals as we got in, we are getting on update Saturday so we will know what they are doing for the near future.

Same offer as before,anyone elderly or with health issues/shielding who is short of essentials let me know and we will do our best to help out.

Got a lot of COVID cases work related which we didn’t before,just carrying on.

The football being on helps.

• 2 weeks later...

How are people coping?

Was my Dads birthday the other day, not great to have to organise a military operation to make sure the front door was unlocked so i could launch his present and card into the porch and retreat to the top of the drive to wish him happy birthday.

At least he has mum. Really feel for people on their own right now.

47 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

How are people coping?

Was my Dads birthday the other day, not great to have to organise a military operation to make sure the front door was unlocked so i could launch his present and card into the porch and retreat to the top of the drive to wish him happy birthday.

At least he has mum. Really feel for people on their own right now.

I'm living on my own while I'm over here but, luckily, I'm perfectly happy in my own company (no jokes please). In fact, apart from social occasions, I much prefer being on my own than being with other people. Plus, it's harder to feel isolated in the era of group chats and video calls.

26 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm living on my own while I'm over here but, luckily, I'm perfectly happy in my own company (no jokes please). In fact, apart from social occasions, I much prefer being on my own than being with other people. Plus, it's harder to feel isolated in the era of group chats and video calls.

Yeah i think its easier, imagine if the same had happened even 10 or 15 years ago. Homeworking would have been different, keeping in contact.

It is the older generation i feel for, i dont have my Grandma anymore but there is no way video chats etc would have been a thing for her, as im sure its not for many elderly.

15 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

Yeah i think its easier, imagine if the same had happened even 10 or 15 years ago. Homeworking would have been different, keeping in contact.

It is the older generation i feel for, i dont have my Grandma anymore but there is no way video chats etc would have been a thing for her, as im sure its not for many elderly.

Me mum's on her own. Dad died last year but was out of the game with Alzheimers anyway. 

2 weeks into the first lockdown mum fell over and broke her hip.....she's just getting a bit of mobility back when we go into 2nd lockdown. We've weighed up all the odds, took all possible precautions and decided to ignore government orders for her mental and physical health. 

Took her for a ride out to a garden centre near Ashbourne on Saturday and its the happiest she's been since March.

Assuming we will be out of lockdown on the 2nd December what do we think might happen after ?

Interested to know what people's plans are for Christmas and New Year. Do we have contingency plans in place if restrictions aren't lifted enough to allow mixing ?

Currently we are planning to have Christmas with 2 households (including a bubble ) which will be 5 adults. 

New year's is difficult,  the plan is 10 of us including 2 children under 5. I just don't see it happening,  I reckon NYE going to be just the two of us this year.

As we are essentially continuing our lockdown in Tier 3 does anyone know anything Derby  or Derbyshire thats still happening Christmas wise?

I know the Market in Derby has been cancelled but wondering what else may be happening,  have looked online but seems hard to see what is happening as a lot seems to be articles from earlier in the year.

Archived