Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Having lost my dad 10 years ago this month, having gone to the doctors with a cold and dying 4 weeks later, I sympathise massively with Tom, or anyone who has or will experience such hell.

Remember the good times.

 

We lost our daughter suddenly just before Christmas last year. It would have been her 28th Birthday last Friday. So difficult to come to terms with. I understand how difficult it must be for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We lost our daughter suddenly just before Christmas last year. It would have been her 28th Birthday last Friday. So difficult to come to terms with. I understand how difficult it must be for him.

Genuinely sorry to hear that mate, my dad was only 45, but at least I got to spend 4 weeks saying goodbye.

Cherish the good times, they live on in memories, no one can take them away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Genuinely sorry to hear that mate, my dad was only 45, but at least I got to spend 4 weeks saying goodbye.

Cherish the good times, they live on in memories, no one can take them away.

Thanks. Going through the avoidance phase, can’t talk about her or think about the good times as it is still too raw and painful. Hope it starts to get better over time 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thanks. Going through the avoidance phase, can’t talk about her or think about the good times as it is still too raw and painful. Hope it starts to get better over time 👍

It can get better over time. 

The hard part is facing your grief head-on. 

You will have your own journey but if you do feel you need help, try getting in touch with cruse bereavement. 

There will be a branch near you. 

Good luck and best wishes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thanks. Going through the avoidance phase, can’t talk about her or think about the good times as it is still too raw and painful. Hope it starts to get better over time 👍

My heart sank reading your two posts in this thread. 
 

I hope at some point soon, and with frequency, you can start talking about your daughter. Even the simple things like the music she liked as a kid etc. 
 

It may sound almost cruel to force yourself to feel that pain and emotion, but it’s better to do that on your own terms, than it just come out in the form of a breakdown. 
 

There’s no shame in being in pain. It’s coz of love. 
 

I am sorry and truly saddened for your loss, and hope I’ve not spoken out of turn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

@Rampage you daft old codger, I know it will be a bit of absent mindedness on your part but you should amend the emotions you have given to Jimbo and Papahets posts.

I do make more mistakes as I get older. This one was a lack of glasses issue. My profound apologies to Jimbo and Papaphets. I lost both my parents by the time I was thirty years old. Painful indeed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We lost our daughter suddenly just before Christmas last year. It would have been her 28th Birthday last Friday. So difficult to come to terms with. I understand how difficult it must be for him.

My sincere condolences, Jimbo Ran.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst the Abu Derby thread is full of people questioning others moral compasses, credit to the club for standing by Tom, supporting him through what’s been a difficult time for him whilst some fans were calling for his sacking. 

Having to perform, entertain and be open to public criticism from 25k+ as you struggle with the loss of the loved one, I can’t imagine how hard that’s been, not sure I would be as strong as he has been.

This is a guy that was turning up to training on a morning in tears.

Fans forget that footballers are humans at times not performing robots. Earning thousands a week does not make you immune from any kind of emotional feelings. 

On the pitch, whilst we’re still waiting for the wins to roll round, it’s clear how much we missed him prior to his return.

He’s made mistakes that he has held his hands up to, get behind the lad now as we need Tom at his best now more than ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rampage said:

Glasses issue. My apologies. I was very moved by these stories.

I knew it would be a totally inadvertent mistake by you, and that you would want to correct ASAP.  I am sorry to learn of your own loss, particularly so early. I have been very lucky to enjoy close to 60 years with my parents, but I fear that my time with my mum in particular is close to being up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Just out of interest, does anyone feel that they haven't forgiven him for joinersgate yet? I think we're mostly unanimous in saying we've moved past it all?

I've forgiven him, in fact I've probably gone the other way and have grown to love him, partly because he has got his head down and its plain to see just how important he is to the team.

Compared to Mason Bennett he has been a model professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, David said:

Whilst the Abu Derby thread is full of people questioning others moral compasses, credit to the club for standing by Tom, supporting him through what’s been a difficult time for him whilst some fans were calling for his sacking. 

Having to perform, entertain and be open to public criticism from 25k+ as you struggle with the loss of the loved one, I can’t imagine how hard that’s been, not sure I would be as strong as he has been.

This is a guy that was turning up to training on a morning in tears.

Fans forget that footballers are humans at times not performing robots. Earning thousands a week does not make you immune from any kind of emotional feelings. 

On the pitch, whilst we’re still waiting for the wins to roll round, it’s clear how much we missed him prior to his return.

He’s made mistakes that he has held his hands up to, get behind the lad now as we need Tom at his best now more than ever.

I think Tom being out of the team has made some of his doubters realise he’s a good player at this level as we’ve really missed him. Really feel for him on a personal level as I lost my parents in my late 30s and if I was Tom’s age and in the limelight I don’t think I would have coped. He’s always had my full support in a Derby shirt and always will. 🐑🐑

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.