Tom Lawrence

Matlock Old Ram

Really inspiring to see fellow forum members share their pain and sympathise with Tom. Seems like there are quite a lot of us who suffered such pain.  I also lost my dad way too soon to cancer 5 years now. Not a single day goes by I don’t think of him or a single match go by where I don’t cheer for him.

It’s a reminder you just do not know what someone’s going through beyond the surface. Therefore fully behind Tom. Get some goals lad. COYR

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/11/2020 at 13:01, Jimbo Ram said:

We lost our daughter suddenly just before Christmas last year. It would have been her 28th Birthday last Friday. So difficult to come to terms with. I understand how difficult it must be for him.

So sorry for you. I lost my son 3 years ago today. He was only 15. It is a very difficult journey.  

Well this has been probably the toughest read of any thread I've seen on this forum. If nothing else, it gives some real perspective as to what really matters and conversely, what matters rather less. I think that we fans sometimes lose sight of this in that we forget that these guys are only human too and that as such, our expectations of them should be tempered accordingly. 

To bring it back round to Tom Lawrence the footballer, rather than the person.

I hope he has a good game tonight and manages to find his teammates with simple passes, rather than the ball being just too far in front or behind the intended recipient.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I thought he'd looked decent this season up until last night's game, where he was really, really crap.

Hopefully it was just a blip.

His history with us gives us a decent game every 7-8 games - not good enough and we should be looking to sell him while he has a value and contract length 

• 2 months later...
On 03/11/2020 at 14:34, silhillian said:

So sorry for you. I lost my son 3 years ago today. He was only 15. It is a very difficult journey.  

Yep a good few years on for me and the best advise I can offer is that as a parent you never get over it but rather just learn to survive it ,,,one real hard part is constant nagging fear for your other children (if you have some )

Archived