Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

I assume those wetting the bed over how long this is taking have never bought a house which, in comparison, is a very simple transaction....

I think under more normal circumstances (say we were mid table) then people would be more relaxed, but the league position really has got people spooked and that’s reflected in people wanting to get everything sorted ASAP to try and get out of this hole we’re in!

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

I think under more normal circumstances (say we were mid table) then people would be more relaxed, but the league position really has got people spooked and that’s reflected in people wanting to get everything sorted ASAP to try and get out of this hole we’re in!

Agreed, I think we all want it done yesterday! It's just that a perceived delay doesn't mean there's any problems, these things take time.

The new article about Khaled on the Athletic raises more flags than calms my nerves.

So no proof of funds at previous takeovers, nobody had even heard of him and the Sheikh Mansour side of the family have completely cut him off.

I am seriously worried about this takeover. Please EFL for the love of god make him prove his wealth!

4 hours ago, wollatonram said:

The new article about Khaled on the Athletic raises more flags than calms my nerves.

So no proof of funds at previous takeovers, nobody had even heard of him and the Sheikh Mansour side of the family have completely cut him off.

I am seriously worried about this takeover. Please EFL for the love of god make him prove his wealth!

What’s this? This sounds like my worst fears are coming to fruition.

4 hours ago, wollatonram said:

Hopefully everyone will stop thinking we are the new city now

5 hours ago, wollatonram said:

Why cant anything go smoothly with Derby?

Although, anyone willing to do their homework (or listen to the Newcastle fans) would have known this bloke is a joker, obviously worth a few million, but he isnt a Shiekh Monsour, I'm not even sure if he is as rich as Mel.

If this takeover does go for a Burton, or if there is any sort of incling that this proposed buyer is not good for the club, I honestly think it's time for Mel to come clean with the fans.

He nearly sold us to Gabay! And it's quite obvious with each passing day that this takeover isnt happening.

I suspect the negotiations are complete and Fake Sheikh is running round every loan shark to see who will lend him 50 million.

The article highlighted some of the stuff the Geordie fan was saying, highlighting the proof of funds never happened regarding a £75m deposit and a £25m downpayment. It confirmed Sheikh Khaleds part of the family was exiled to Dubai (don’t believe they are now) around the 1920s, confirmed that a City spokesman played down the relationship between Khaled and Sheikh Mansour. Also said the ruling family are annoyed he uses His Highness when he should use His Excellency. Article says he’s a minor royal more like Prince Abdullah who owns Sheff United (who for info is worth about £200m) 

It also had a bit more about the Liverpool deal confirming it didn’t go very far. Other than a bit more on Liverpool and the Royal Family links most of this info is in the public domain.

It should be said both the Newcastle and Liverpool deals are significantly larger than this one. The Liverpool one in particular was mega. Mel isn’t stupid when it comes to business and I trust that he’s done his due diligence. 

We’ll see what transpires. Don’t necessarily think it will be bad news if this goes through. You would expect these owners to try and invest where they can to get into the premier league where the value of the Club will increase. But don’t expect Man City level investment and in terms of personal wealth, he isn’t poor and certainly I would expect rich enough to do this deal, but he might be no richer than Mel.

Again though - this is all speculation. Let’s see what happens over the next 2 weeks.

5 hours ago, wollatonram said:

I don't subscribe to the Athletic. What has been said in the article?

20 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Mel isn’t stupid when it comes to business and I trust that he’s done his due diligence. 

isn't this the point ? MM pours sizeable amounts of cash into the club. He looks at Wolves, Villa, Sheff Utd not to mention Chelsea and City and thinks, Jeeze it's not enough.  Give him credit.  I'd rather be sold by a fan than bought by one  

34 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The article highlighted some of the stuff the Geordie fan was saying, highlighting the proof of funds never happened regarding a £75m deposit and a £25m downpayment. It confirmed Sheikh Khaleds part of the family was exiled to Dubai (don’t believe they are now) around the 1920s, confirmed that a City spokesman played down the relationship between Khaled and Sheikh Mansour. Also said the ruling family are annoyed he uses His Highness when he should use His Excellency. Article says he’s a minor royal more like Prince Abdullah who owns Sheff United (who for info is worth about £200m) 

It also had a bit more about the Liverpool deal confirming it didn’t go very far. Other than a bit more on Liverpool and the Royal Family links most of this info is in the public domain.

It should be said both the Newcastle and Liverpool deals are significantly larger than this one. The Liverpool one in particular was mega. Mel isn’t stupid when it comes to business and I trust that he’s done his due diligence. 

We’ll see what transpires. Don’t necessarily think it will be bad news if this goes through. You would expect these owners to try and invest where they can to get into the premier league where the value of the Club will increase. But don’t expect Man City level investment and in terms of personal wealth, he isn’t poor and certainly I would expect rich enough to do this deal, but he might be no richer than Mel.

Again though - this is all speculation. Let’s see what happens over the next 2 weeks.

I wasnt able to read the Athletic article, it tried to entice me in with a free article, when I clicked it then tried to charge me 6 quid.

From what you have said though, it sounds like they have done nothing more than take lots of different articles from the internet, cut and paste them together and released it as their own fact finding.

Surely that isnt journalism?

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

isn't this the point ? MM pours sizeable amounts of cash into the club. He looks at Wolves, Villa, Sheff Utd not to mention Chelsea and City and thinks, Jeeze it's not enough.  Give him credit.  I'd rather be sold by a fan than bought by one  

Apart from when Pickering sold us to the Amigos.

Just read the article and on the face of it there is some very worrying content in there. But therein lies the problem. Still no one seems to know for sure who he is, who he is related to, how much he is worth etc etc. It's all very odd.

I admit to getting a bit carried away when the news first broke. Could this be our time? Are we going to do "a Man City"? We, as fans are desperate for some good news and a wave of optimism.

If something seems to good to be true, it usually is.

Time will tell obviously, and one thing is for sure, there is never a dull moment supporting this club!

31 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't subscribe to the Athletic. What has been said in the article?

In summary

- Met with Liverpool, put a huge financial package and glossy brochure together for the takeover, was asked to show 75m upfront in his accounts, couldn’t  and Liverpool pulled out of the deal stating it wasn’t credible or worthwhile.

- A lack of clarity and funding prevented the Newcastle deal going through, although  BZG claim Ashley kept moving the goalposts.

- He is just a distant cousin of Mansour, with some info on a family fued which dates back to the 1920’s that prevented them marrying back into the top table for a time. There are suggestions that the ruling family are effed off for him using the title HH when he should be using ‘His Excellency. The intimation of all of this is don’t expect to be bankrolled by the Royal fund’s Man City Style.

- The Athelic make reference to seeing documents to corroborate all of this a couple of times in the article

The upshot is that  this should put paid to  the Derby being one of the richest club’s in the world nonsense, there are more questions than answers about BZG and more importantly it will be the players we’ve got who will need to get us out of the mess we’re in.

Archived