Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Abu Dhabi Academicals are monitoring Craig Forsyth with a view to a £50 million bid in the transfer window ? 

Yes and I’ve heard he will be immediately loaned back to us in order to further his development and fulfil his potential ?

9 hours ago, King Ramses III said:

Don't really understand FFP but in a season when all clubs are facing reduced revenues because of covid surely there has to be some relaxation of FFP rules, or are half the teams in the football league going to be deducted 12 points? Could this create a window of opportunity for a bit of investment in the club, players, etc?

If there is a relaxation of FFP due to COVID there will almost certainly be caveats to ensure it’s not abused 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Not quite. Poxy solicitors are taking an age. 
Apparently I have a few tree preservation orders to worry about. I’ve e had to google trees. Big green things apparently that make a lot of mess In Autumn. 
Bloody countryside. 
Anyway I’ve joined the local hunt ? 

Just the one?  
I’ve heard there’s a bunch of hunts down there mate ?

I am concerned about this takeover. Too many concerns and worries exist and there seems an awful lot of silence coming out of the club. Mel has been desperate to sell for some time now and it wasn’t that long ago that we came very close to another prospective dodgy owner.

I am no expert but surely local journalists should be digging in to all involved in order to write a detailed, unbiased and accurate report about who these people are. Isn’t that the job of a journalist after all. It could quiet concerns or raise alarm bells but would be very helpful to the people of Derby who hold the club so dear.

I’m not that concerned, I don’t blame people who are though. It’s new, it’s change, people will be weary. But I trust Mel, he’s a clever man, don’t forget he’s been in discussions with this guy since May. He wouldn’t just sell us to some idiot.

Dont forget the Bin Zayed Group invested 2 billion into a large Indian city recently. The man has plenty of money, well the BZG do anyway. 

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

It gets weird when you look into it, as Saqr shot and killed his brother Sultan to take the throne. Sultan is the grandfather of Sheikh Mansour, making Khalid and him second cousins. How close they are I don’t know, given their family past! Then again, Sultan also killed his other brother to take the Throne originally, so glass houses and all that

Look let's not bicker and argue about who killed who, this is meant to be a happy occaision.

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Just as long as we don't come on to the pitch to this, might not help in cultural relations.

we'll save that one for the sequel. 

35 minutes ago, Josh said:

I’m not that concerned, I don’t blame people who are though. It’s new, it’s change, people will be weary. But I trust Mel, he’s a clever man, don’t forget he’s been in discussions with this guy since May. He wouldn’t just sell us to some idiot.

Dont forget the Bin Zayed Group invested 2 billion into a large Indian city recently. The man has plenty of money, well the BZG do anyway. 

As much as I trust Mel to do the right thing for the club, if Henry Gabay had deposited the money into the account on 1st Jan as expected then he would now be our owner and I guess we would be absolutely royally screwed, Mel was literally that close to handing us over to him.

Henry Gabay was clearly a risk and it worries me that Mel saw him as a risk worth taking to get the sale (or investment) that he wanted.

If Mel is purely a consultant in all this, once he signs on that dotted line and hands over the keys that's it, no going back.

As much as I'm excited by all the glitz and glamour of a multi-billionaire Arab owner, if it turns out he isnt that and just a chancer with a little black book of people who are willing to lend him money, I think I'd rather stick with Mel and mediocre championship football.

33 minutes ago, Josh said:

The man has plenty of money, well the BZG do anyway. 

And they’ll only spend it if they think they’ll get more of it back! They are an investment company after all.

The positive spin on that is it is likely that we’ll need to get promoted for them to make a profit on their input, so it might be exciting anyway. 

2 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

And they’ll only spend it if they think they’ll get more of it back! They are an investment company after all.

The positive spin on that is it is likely that we’ll need to get promoted for them to make a profit on their input, so it might be exciting anyway. 

Yeah, they won’t make any money in the championship. 

Still have major reservations about this takeover, there’s been too many suggestions that they don’t actually have the money for my liking. That Chris Samuelson being involved is concerning as well, given his past record. Hopefully it’s all baalocks, but no smoke without fire and all that. I just hope Mel knows what he’s doing...

Archived