Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if this has been raised in the previous 82 pages but any view on where we stand on the 32Red deal. Since Saudi outlaw gambling and 32Red won't allow anyone from there joining their online site, I just wondered if there was an impact there as it'd be a bit of a conflict - on the Rooney deal too? ......or am I talking out my Thawb?  We could do with the Saudi Aramco F1 deal, worth over £40m a year.  That'd be handy. Definitely talking out my proverbial now. 

2 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Apologies if this has been raised in the previous 82 pages but any view on where we stand on the 32Red deal. Since Saudi outlaw gambling and 32Red won't allow anyone from there joining their online site, I just wondered if there was an impact there as it'd be a bit of a conflict - on the Rooney deal too? ......or am I talking out my Thawb?  We could do with the Saudi Aramco F1 deal, worth over £40m a year.  That'd be handy. Definitely talking out my proverbial now. 

What is this Saudi you speak of?

9 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Erm, what’s Saudi got to do with anything?

3 hours ago, Coconut said:

What's really worrying me about this takeover is, if you remember when we appointed Cocu, and some posters changed their names to Dutch variants / equivalents of their existing usernames, yeah?

It's going to be hell trying to identify people once they start changing their names to reflect our change in ownership!

This is just a small sample of the new usernames we could start to see, just imagine trying to @ them into your posts...

arabic schmarabic.JPG

Yours,

جوزة الهند

(ps you have no idea how hard it is trying to type Arabic on an English computer, the arrow keys start moving the cursor in the opposite direction!)

Absolute post of the year ???

would have been of all time but I’m not on that list ?

11 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Are we getting Saudi investors now as well as the ones from Abu Dhabi? We're going to be as rich as Croesus - can't wait for us to gold plate the stadium.

Gambling is illegal in the UAE as well if that helps. Gambling sponsors are on borrowed time in this country anyway, so i wouldnt be too worrief

1 hour ago, BriggRam said:

After some of the posts on this thread reference Saudi Arabia, the F1 2021 thread is going to make some great reading, I'm panic buying my popcorn ready

Wait till you see the penalties for exceeding track limits on Turn 11.

44 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Are we getting Saudi investors now as well as the ones from Abu Dhabi? We're going to be as rich as Croesus - can't wait for us to gold plate the stadium.

Gambling is illegal in the UAE as well if that helps. Gambling sponsors are on borrowed time in this country anyway, so i wouldnt be too worrief

Ha! What a nob - me not you!  Abu Dhabi, Saudi it's all sand to me.  Was a genuine question though as to whether it would be impacted.  Even if my geography is way off.  

49 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Like for the "rich as Croesus" comment! 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It is strange.

The media claim him to be rich, that we are set to be the richest club and he is an Arab prince, Geordies fans think he is a joker and he couldnt prove his wealth and here we sit waiting for the cheque to clear before we find out.

Crazily enough I think the one media outlet that could actually be closer to the truth this time is probably the Daily Mail with their estimated wealth of 500 million, I expect them to be closer to the truth than the Suns 150 billion that's for sure.

My guess would be that it was a question of him being reluctant to disclose proof of his wealth, rather than being unable to prove his wealth.

And ... also a question of believing that the transaction would go ahead. Say if he had misgivings about the Newcastle dealings, would we disclose his financial affairs of he didn't believe that they would be concluded satisfactorily.

Dues the EFL approval thingy mean that he has gone further than he did at Newcastle?

59 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I do agree with this but cant see how anything can be enforced whilst the league is the SkyBet Championship

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

Don't worry about it, just celebrate by opening a beer and....whoops.

Archived