Abu Derby County

tinman

2 minutes ago, David said:

Nailed it there haven't you? We know very little so how can we be in a position to judge him

I'm not judging him, I'm asking questions of his background. That quote reverses perfectly too - how can you be open to him buying the club when we know very little about him? 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm not judging him, I'm asking questions of his background. That quote reverses perfectly too - how can you be open to him buying the club when we know very little about him? 

For me it's simply a case of being willing to hear from the man himself and open to listen to what his intentions for the club are. 

Just because he's from UAE and has distant cousins in the royal family over there isn't a real reason for concern, this would be the same position I would hold if he came from Skegness unless there is direct evidence that suggests he is not a good person.

I won't lie, I'm slightly nervous about potentially stepping into the unknown rather than being excited over the mans bank balance. The grass isn't always greener on the other side they say, but then this isn't exactly our choice, if Mel has decided it's time to walk away you really wouldn't want to stand in his way. 

I keep checking on this thread every so often just to see if people keep referring to them as Saudi’s (I’ve actually lost interest in the takeover). This was being corrected from page 2 or 3. Ridicule of people repeating this probably began at around page 7.  It reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Homer keeps trying to pick up a  pack of Duff beer from an electrified rod and he keeps on getting shocked, again and again and again. Saudi’s, there from the UAE, Saudi’s, there from the UAE...... I’m fully expecting this to happen until the whole planet has been wiped out by Covid.

57 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Is Mick Philpott buying the club? Yes, I think I might stop going if that happened. 

That's a good comparison. How would you feel if he were buying? 

Should he have gone to jail, or to the electric chair for what he did? In Britain, our laws sent him to jail. In another country it would have been the death penalty. 

I didn't really want to get drawn into a political debate. But I'm trying to say that we shouldn't be so judgemental and discriminatory when we don't have all the facts. 

46 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

I keep checking on this thread every so often just to see if people keep referring to them as Saudi’s (I’ve actually lost interest in the takeover). This was being corrected from page 2 or 3. Ridicule of people repeating this probably began at around page 7.  It reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Homer keeps trying to pick up a  pack of Duff beer from an electrified rod and he keeps on getting shocked, again and again and again. Saudi’s, there from the UAE, Saudi’s, there from the UAE...... I’m fully expecting this to happen until the whole planet has been wiped out by Covid.

Yes annoying isn’t it. Almost as annoying as “there” instead of “they’re” But I’m on my 4th beer so I’ll let you off ?

3 hours ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

Such a reliable source. Has Rooney been appointed yet?

Suggest you use slightly more credible sources - for what its worth i think the author of this article has fudged a story from reading it himself and saw the number 500m not realizing it was Morris who was valued at this number and automatically applied it to the Sheikh.

My advice..... don't go near the Daily Fail.

4 hours ago, DesertRam said:

After discussion with the Oracle at Delphi, I have ascertained that Redknap and Maclaren

are going to be consultants, and Lamps is arriving at the end of the season. Mel will keep a

seat on the board to represent the Fans  ..... if only

Could you of thought of a worse combination ...?

9 minutes ago, sage said:

Very worrying indeed.

I know he isnt involved anymore, but the fact he was named as a director of Derventio UK holdings is a concern, I bloody hope Mel knows what he is doing here.

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

It's a fair point. It seems there isn't a lot of transparency regarding the guy's finances. Let's be honest, that's the main attribute that supporters will have an interest in. For example (being hypothetical) is the guy worth £5,  £5million, £5billion ?? In the event that the new owner doesn't have much more financial clout than the current owner (who was a dedicated supporter), where will that take us?  What if the new owner has delusions (as others have had) about making a profit from owning a football club? That's certainly unlikely to end well. 

Archived