Abu Derby County

tinman

3 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Hopefully more about this deal will evolve during the next few days and we can speculate knowing more of the details.

You mean like consider the facts before we post? That would certainly help David's server falling over if we did that.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m a bit clueless on FFP - If this does happen, we still can’t spunk mega millions on players and wages due to FFP - Mel’s paltry few millions have already pushed us right to the limit, no? 

Do manager wages count towards FFP? It might be that we break the piggy bank that way? 

Or we try to get a new “super agent” (human filth) like Jorge Mendes onboard - worked for Wolves. 

Either way, a billionaire owner doesn’t guarantee success. On the other hand if FFP gets postponed for a season or two then we just absolutely buy our way out of this league!

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

My Norwegian friends do find this hilarious! For so many decades considered the uncultured country bumpkins, and now the ones with the wealth. Both such beautiful countries I think I'll retire in one or the other.

Though while flogging the oil to us, the Norwegians drive electric cars. I think the highest ownership per capita of Teslas in the world! ?

Whilst I agree on the beautiful countries having been to both on more than one occasion. I would argue that you would need a pretty good income from your pension to live out there.

Soooo expensive

40 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm sure we could survive and be sustainable in the PL. But that's not the deal on offer as we're not in the PL.

To get us there needs a minimum outlay of funding the club for the rest of the season - assuming that the asset (the club) doesn't go down in value. So that's maybe £20m. But for £20m, the chances are somewhere close to zero that we'd go up from our current position. Even if we got things right from here, it's going to be another £20m for next season, plus whatever players we need to bring in. Then the owner gets a competitive Championship cub which might or might not go up. The chances are that you'd have spent £50m over two years and achieved nothing.

I believe that if you could get around FFP you could buy promotion, but attempting to sensibly invest for it just doesn't make sense. It's the most expensive lottery in the world with really terrible odds. Putting it on a horse in the 2.30 at Newmarket is a far more sane option.

What is the name of the horse CR.  Sheffield United had a successful team until Covid break. They went in a slump and now have 1 point from 21. Inexplicable. Lowe getting games. Is Bogle injured as not in squad

45 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I’m a bit clueless on FFP - If this does happen, we still can’t spunk mega millions on players and wages due to FFP - Mel’s paltry few millions have already pushed us right to the limit, no? 

Do manager wages count towards FFP? It might be that we break the piggy bank that way? 

Or we try to get a new “super agent” (human filth) like Jorge Mendes onboard - worked for Wolves. 

Either way, a billionaire owner doesn’t guarantee success. On the other hand if FFP gets postponed for a season or two then we just absolutely buy our way out of this league!

Someone on here said a new owner effectively gets a brand new clean slate when it comes to FFP or P&S.

I suppose it would make sense otherwise new owners would always need a few years before they can spend a penny.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Someone on here said a new owner effectively gets a brand new clean slate when it comes to FFP or P&S.

I suppose it would make sense otherwise new owners would always need a few years before they can spend a penny.

This would make a big difference.

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I tried to check that out, but I can't find any evidence that that is the case. In fact, there are lots of examples of new owners having to comply with existing FFP situations. Indeed, I suspect that Championship clubs would just be passed around between ownership groups and families if that were really the case. I'm not 100% certain, but I think this claim is just plain wrong.

14 hours ago, DanS1992 said:

This thread needs to be locked, it is spiraling out of control. It is meant to be a football forum, not a political or ideological one. It is getting quite ridiculous. 

Oh, I don't know. Where else could you go to find out about a possible takeover of Derby County and come away instead with a debate about capital punishment, an argument about Norway's oil exports and some puns about an 80s pop group? I'm still no clearer about the takeover, admittedly, but still........

Archived