Abu Derby County

tinman

2 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

That's news to me, I seen on Skysports news about 2 weeks ago about this supposed takeover of Burnley and read about it in the paper, just saying from information I've seen it's been sorted out a lot quicker than our takeover. Maybe you read more news business than I do. 

It’s being going on for over 6 months 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

I hope not I like the job his doing for us. Just our luck if they went in for him and he did a Lampard. 

If we’re not careful he’ll get snapped up before he’s even been offered the job.  Nobody could moan it Rooney if that happened.

39 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

As a side note it will be interesting to see if these new owners at Burnley keep Sean Dyche as there manager or if there ambitions want to invest a lot of money into the club and go for a more high profile manager. 

You would hope that they would keep Dyche and give him the chance to improve the team

If we have a few players lined up, probably not sensible to announce the takeover is complete just before the transfer window opens - almost certain to bump up prices. If we can do the main business early, we can then announce the takeover without getting screwed by selling clubs....

44 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

If we’re not careful he’ll get snapped up before he’s even been offered the job.  Nobody could moan it Rooney if that happened.

Then the club would only have themselves to blame if that happened. If it did happen then I could see the club turning to McClaren and offering him the job again. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I just googled it as I suspected there takeover may have taken a little longer than you seemed to think.

I agree ours seems to be taking longer than any of us expected and may eventually fall through but, two points: these are complicated transactions (perhaps ours is more complicated than Burnley’s due to the Dell loan and the stadium sale) and the club have never, as far as I can see, put forward any excuses (as yet).

It’s interesting reading back at their local news how they have described the process as a saga.  It also looks like Dyche has been kept in the dark through as even at the start of this week he’s quoted as saying he doesn’t know the state of play and that neither the current or proposed owners have spoken to him.

In our case it’s reported that both parties have been involved in the key managerial and coaching decisions which I take as a good sign.  Personally I think it’s good news we’re keeping quiet until the deal is done.  Of course we’d all like it done sooner but the important thing is it gets done to the satisfaction of all concerned, most importantly the club.  There’s no doubt discussions around the finer details and all will be subject to confidentiality agreements, etc.  It’s also very quiet in the local and national media who would be all over the story if there was the slightest hint of it going wrong.

7 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

See Burnley takeover complete( American Investment company ALK Capital) not took as long as our so called saga. No excuses etc so this tells me how's isn't happening. 

Not took as long? ALK's takeover of Burnley has been rumbling on for 14 months

So according to the Telegraph article the players were sent a letter saying:

“On behalf of Derby County Football Club, Mel Morris, and prospective new owners Derventio Holdings, we collectively apologise, that due to an unexpected and last minute delay in the closing of the sale transaction, that your December pay will most likely be delayed until next week.

“We have been assured by Derventio that the closing funds have been remitted, but as at this morning they had not arrived in their lawyer’s client account.

“As soon as they arrive, the transaction will close and we will process any outstanding payroll amounts immediately.”

Sounds like the next day or 2 is make or break then.

On 24/12/2020 at 10:20, ziggyram59 said:

More pathetic excuses. It's never going to happen just tell us the truth instead of taking us for idiots. 

Where exactly is there an excuse there? Which bit is a lie then? 
you do realise that the club don’t have to tell you anything at all don’t you...? That It is nothing at all to do with you.? It’s a business deal, that’s all, and probably a really boring business deal that if they told you exactly what was happening day to day that It would be the most boring statements ever put out...that none of the fan base would understand or care for. 

Just now, td_evans said:

So the players were sent a letter saying:

“On behalf of Derby County Football Club, Mel Morris, and prospective new owners Derventio Holdings, we collectively apologise, that due to an unexpected and last minute delay in the closing of the sale transaction, that your December pay will most likely be delayed until next week.

“We have been assured by Derventio that the closing funds have been remitted, but as at this morning they had not arrived in their lawyer’s client account.

“As soon as they arrive, the transaction will close and we will process any outstanding payroll amounts immediately.”

Sounds like the next day or 2 is make or break then.

The replies on Twitter are the usual freak out, but like you I read the article and it reads a lot better, wasn’t a case of the players waking up and shouting where’s our money. Should be completed very soon now. 

6 minutes ago, td_evans said:

The dog ate my homework sir, honest!

haven’t these lot got a history of fronting up until it’s time to actually pay?

Archived