More questions than answers.

Rev

12 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Thats odd everytime ive seen any stats related to Bielik he has always been at the top or near the top for every stat

well, which is it? a) He's played poorly cos of poor players around him (as others have said), or b) he's been amazing?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

what we HAVE seen is more towards him being less than average as opposed to being a great player.. 

being associated with Arsenal is no guarantee. I can probably list 25 players that have connections with Arsenal that most would want nowhere near Derby County if I had the motivation.

Also, a "poor team doing poorly"?? Really, so you expect him to do better in a poorer team doing more poorly? lol

Your correct. Lupoli was decent . Barazite was mediocre . Billy Davies first signing Ryan Smith couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, god knows where he wound up.  That's 3 youngsters we've had from Arsenal.

21 hours ago, Andicis said:

Wisdom is a much better player than Te Wierik. Have you watched the guy? He's been bullied in every game he played other than tonight because he only got 10 minutes, he's weak and not a good distributor. Cocu clearly can't see much in Te Wierik because he's been dropped ever since his awful performances at the start.

We had plenty of time to decide on Te Wierik, not as if it was rushed or a deadline signing. Seemed to be talking for half a season, about what a good signing it would be. So what went wrong here, from a recruitment perspective? 

Based on the current formation working, and the players we’ve seen player this season (or end of last season), there are a few players that have nailed down positions...in my opinion:

Marshall

Byrne Davies Buchanan

Knight Shinnie

Jozwiak Waggy Lawrence

That leaves 2 CB’s. Clarke has looked a bit out of sorts past few games, certainly not at the levels he was middle of last season. I count the front 3 as the best we’ve seen at this rotating attack Cocu seems to like.

As others have said, it’s exciting the amount of options to come into that team - Sibley, Bird, Rooney, Holmes, Kazim, Bielik, Wisdom, Te Wierik, Clarke, as well as the countless youngsters who could make the step up this season

10 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

Thats odd everytime ive seen any stats related to Bielik he has always been at the top or near the top for every stat

Totally agree.not saying we have seen the best of him by far but iv deffo seen enough to suggest he with game time will be a very very good player

11 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

what we HAVE seen is more towards him being less than average as opposed to being a great player.. 

being associated with Arsenal is no guarantee. I can probably list 25 players that have connections with Arsenal that most would want nowhere near Derby County if I had the motivation.

Also, a "poor team doing poorly"?? Really, so you expect him to do better in a poorer team doing more poorly? lol

at the time the difference was- jason knight was barely in the first team, we had just lost keogh,no sibley, no rooney,no bird,shinie had barely played, it was cocus first season a very bad pre season and a very bad start to the season and the team looked poor.i agree we are not exactly ripping the league up now but the players we have to go around him are A world away from what we saw him with.yes agree just because he was with arsenal dont mean he will be amazing but it stands to reason that being a full international and being good enough to be part of a top 6 club he must have something about him.he young and has shown enough to me that he has all the attributes to become a very very good player in this league.if you dont see that fine but I would go as far to say that there is a lot of football people that see it different.

On 28/10/2020 at 23:44, Andicis said:

I like the formation. It's reasonable. 

I think our best possible formation is as followed

Marshall,

Byrne, Wisdom, Davies, Clarke, Buchanan,

Knight, Bielik,

Lawrence, Jozwiak,

Waggy. 

We'd have a lot of room to change the game, with Ibe, Bird, Sibley, Kazim-Richards, Shinnie. Honestly, a bit harsh on Bird and Shinnie, but it's hard to get all the players in.

Bielik has shown not enough to warrant settling in over a few games over Shinnie. When did we last have a player like Shinnie.

10 hours ago, r4derby said:

Based on the current formation working, and the players we’ve seen player this season (or end of last season), there are a few players that have nailed down positions...in my opinion:

Marshall

Byrne Davies Buchanan

Knight Shinnie

Jozwiak Waggy Lawrence

That leaves 2 CB’s. Clarke has looked a bit out of sorts past few games, certainly not at the levels he was middle of last season. I count the front 3 as the best we’ve seen at this rotating attack Cocu seems to like.

As others have said, it’s exciting the amount of options to come into that team - Sibley, Bird, Rooney, Holmes, Kazim, Bielik, Wisdom, Te Wierik, Clarke, as well as the countless youngsters who could make the step up this season

Winning a game would be nice. So many options but not enough settled play and understanding. Could take another six games to start on a winning streak. If we get two points a game from now on we would finish with.81 pounds. Not much wiggle room on that if we take another six games to start promotion form of two points per game. How many points are we likely to need to make top six. Nathan Jones turned relegation likely Luton into a team with the fourth best points per game team. That is top class management. Not spent a great deal either. That guy has a big future.

12 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

well, which is it? a) He's played poorly cos of poor players around him (as others have said), or b) he's been amazing?

I think perhaps in a couple of games he has been off it but other than that personally i think he has been good.

18 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

It's a tough call but I'd go with

Marshall

Byrne       Wisdom       Clarke     Buchanan

Bielik      Rooney 

Ibe             Lawrence        Jozwiak

Waghorn

I'd be amazed if that side is sitting in the bottom half of the table

I can’t see any justification for Bielik and Rooney replacing Knight and Shinnie at the moment, I’d be concerned the two together would be easily pressed and dispossessed.

Bielik is one of them were the price tag will affect people’s judgments on him. In my opinion he didn’t pull up any trees but he did look like he has a player in him. I also saw some stat off Blade Analytics on Twitter where it appears he was more dominant than maybe some think. Not sure he’s a great passer like Lord Thorne but I guess at the base of a 3 he doesn’t need to be. If played in a 2 or at the back and I think we aren’t playing completely to his strengths.

The squad as a whole is a top 12 with the potential to be top 6. But this is the championship and it only takes a few clogs to not tick at the same time to turn a top 12 team in to a bottom 6 side.

this is a very tricky one and I have been thinking about this far too much 

But I think I have come up with the formation I would use

The worrying thing is I do not think anyone else uses it but on a positive that would mean it might take the opposition time to work out

I hope it would take the best from the 4231 (The Rooney/Bird Axis in particular which i thought was good and definately got the best out of Rooney) and add the benefits of 3 at the back with a CDM here goes... (I am ready to be torn apart lol, just throwing it out there)

Wisdom Davies Clarke

Bielik

Bird   Rooney

Lawrence  Sibley     Joswiak

Waghorn

My biggest worry would be being exposed in the wide areas but maybe Byrne and Buchanan could come in for Lawrence and Joswiak on occasion or Bielik drops back and wisdom and clarke go wider in emergencies

Hard on Byrne, Buchanan, Holmes and Shinnie 

On 28/10/2020 at 19:34, reverendo de duivel said:

First off a bit of Johnny Nash, for those missing a Question of Sport.

Chatting about things with my lad tonight, it's very hard to see how we'll line up with everyone fit and well.

It may not be reflected in results or league positions so far, but with the squad approaching full fitness and availability, we look to have an embarrassment of choice, particularly in the back line and midfield, so much so it's hard to see how Cocu will line us up going forward.

After discussing formations etc, we tried to nail down the certain starters regardless of tactics or formation. We could only agree on the following, who we'd play regardless.

Marshall, Byrne, Buchanan, Knight, Jozwiak and Waghorn.

The next cabs off the rank we agreed are Sibley, followed by Bielik, fitness permitting.

That's 8 places taken up regardless of formation, and a lot of players left kicking their heels. 

A midfield of Bielik, Knight and Sibley looks good, but leaves no space for Bird, the immense so far this season Shinnie, and Rooney.

A back four of Buchanan, Byrne and Beilik leaves Wisdom, Clarke and the ever reliable Davies fighting it out for one spot, plus Fozzy.

A back five sees Buchanan, Byrne, and two of Bielik, Wisdom, Clarke and Davies line up.

However you line up, either with three at the back or a back four, someone decent is missing out. 

How would you line up?

I really like the look of the Sibley, knight and Beilik midfield on paper!

It’d be exciting but in reality I think it would lack experience, positional sense and discipline.

The only player that we have to bring those qualities is the under appreciated Shinnie. Like BJ before him he’s the oil a team needs to help it run smoothly.

Sometimes Derby fans get carried away with spaffing the best 11 names on a team sheet and thinking that’s that.

The reason the midfield is working at present is the blend of Shinnie and Knight works so well in this division most of the time. You need physical presence, hard running, positional intelligence, etc as much as you need creativity. 

Id certainly buy into the argument for taking away one CB and adding a CM but for me it would be shinnie and Knight plus one of Beilik or Sibley!

Always build on top of something that works

Archived